Author Topic: How does your Kundalini manifest itself  (Read 1237 times)

Aussieawakened

How does your Kundalini manifest itself
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:53:44 AM »
I am curious to know how other peoples kundalini energy manifests itself. I have just had mine return as a gentle voice in my head helping me to clear som ebad habits that i have had return as a result of battling a few mundane challenges like dealing with bosses etc we have slipped back into being too negative in my thinking and speaking. Through this voice she also revealed that this was how my kundalini was meant to be the first time round far more gentle. Unfortunatley things i wasn't aware of till now prevented that i am curious and keen to speak to others to see what there experience was I do not regret my path but it was reassuring to discover that it wasn't meant to be so traumatic.

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:40:41 AM »
In a peaceful awareness of what is.

Love,
Carson[^]

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »
hi Aussie, i always wondered about this subject.

some tantric sects in india try to worship mother kundalini and give it an identity and they say that this is the best way to deal with it.

it becomes concious and they usually give her the identity of the "mother" usually mother kali or one of her other manifestations.

and the beautiful thing here is that we can give it other manifestations as well it's not only narrowed to the hindu gods and goddesses.

i personnaly identify with the mother through a white pigeon symbolizing the holy spirit and believe it or not this activity facilitates the process a lot more and instead of mother kundalini being of the fiery nature she is i feel her like my safe house like my mother like a care taker of me.

concerning the mechanics of this thing, they say that there is a personafication of the deity which happens in our astral body thus making it our higher conciousness but with awareness and which in turns over the time gives us access to the real "deity".

just some food for thought[;)].

kindest regards,

Ananda

atena

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
I lost my 'path', sense of direction where I should be going and what should I be doing. I don't know why I'm here. Still, I resist some things in life way too much. Loss.

btw, I didn't do AYP to induce this. I had other combination(s), and my life was pretty empty even previously.

Ananda

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:19 PM »
i'm sorry for you dear atena.

do you practice ayp now? have you tried to go on the look and search for what is it that makes you whole?

do you experience any of the overloading kundalini symptoms mentioned by the guys here?

atena

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »
I don't practice anything and only in time I will see if I'll ever continue practicing anything. I've tried to look things which would make me whole but haven't found anything.
Maybe some persons are meant to be broken.

I'm on antipsychotic drugs at the moment so they'll numb almost any possible symptoms, but prior to taking them the ride has been, or atleast felt being a very wild one.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:23:18 PM by atena »

Ananda

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 01:39:23 AM »
hi atena,

i started to experience kundalini syndrom a week and a half after my awakening and it wasn't pleasant at all.

and i've found a cure in yogani's advanced yoga practices of spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation and a lot of others here have found that to settle them down as well.

so i guess the choice of wether some one in your case with an awakened kundalini should practice these techniques or not is pretty obvious.

wether you want to go the hard way like Gopi krishna or the easy and enjoyable way it's your choice.

kindest regards,

Ananda

atena

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »
It all depends on 'the great spirit'/big mind/etc and the plan of it which isn't clear to me, yet. But I hear you, thanks for the reminder, Ananda, I might give AYP another try later [:)]

Btw, I wanted to say that I'm very thankful to Yogani for his efforts with all this AYP stuff, including this great forum, and being so supportive, and what else. Thanks! [:)]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:59:03 AM by atena »

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
Hi
I experience the divine feminine as darkness. It is like being half submerged in the earth and like walking around as if I'm part of everything, as if I could walk through walls or put my hand through solid matter, at least that's the feeling.

I don't equate this with kundalini however, although some might disagree.
I don't have a charge of conductivity up my spine and this is what I consider kundalini to be.

I received shaktipat from Amma Ammachi about a year and a half ago and for about two months after that I did have strong kundalini surges. Strangely they started at the same time each week, the time corresponding with the time of the hug and shaktipat. It then tailed off over the next day and was gone by about the end of the following day, to return again the following week.
So I feel I know from direct experience what kundalini is like and how it affects me, very powerful.

So apart from that shaktipat experience, despite 35 years meditation practice, I have not had an active kundalini.

Ananda
I too have invoked the Holy Spirit for most of my life. I have always visoned it as a bright white light - sometimes starting as a bird like a pidgeon or a dove and always associated it as peace. I never thought of it as feminie however, alway genderless, but that's no doubt just conditioning.

I find when I actively invoke the light or just have it in my system strongly the feminine energy leaves. So to have the feminine energy I almost have to block the light from coming down.

Ananda

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 06:20:26 AM »
that's a beautiful experience Sparkle, i actually become that darkness you mentioned most of the times i meditate but the experience is not the same as yours. (hopefully one day)

concerning my experience with the white pidgeon\\dove, it happened 1st as a scenery when a white dove came and melted in my third eye.

a few weeks back not so long ago, i felt a big urge to worship the mother and relate to her as if something screaming inside me; plus i've read that if the yogi associates with mother kundalini through the form of an ishta this would help a lot too.

so i started to think to myself what form of ishta is it best suite to relate with mother kundalini for two days head on; and then suddenly i was waiting for a take away in a chinese restaurant and thinking about this when a vision came to me in a form of a dove and then pouff out of nowhere i saw two white doves flying outside the restaurant.

so i said to myself what a nice coincident, so why not.... and here i am.

and it does settle the fire down when i invoke the mother and by the way as i'm sure you know the feminine mother aspect is just smthg to relate with the spiritual transformation inside on a more deeper level and there is really no sex whatsoever it's all just words invented by men.

god is in both female and male and he is both as well (unity)

shiva (cold), shakti(hot), mother, father are just words to relate to.....

kindest regards,

Ananda

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »
Very interesting ananda[:)]

Your descriptions are familiar to me in many aspects, but my take on them would be slightly different.

It is interesting to me that the white dove energy calms the fire of the kundalini and yet you associate it with the feminine.
For most of my life I have used the ishta of the Holy Mother Mary as the feminine energy. But, I have always, untill recently, invoked this energy from above. It would come in the form of light and often it would be blue in colour.
A couple of years ago however I realised that the feminine energy in the form of Mother Earth and kundalini came from the bottom up. So I switched my devotion of the Mother from top down to bottom up. In this I also became friendly with the aspect of Kali and later got a Kali mantra from Amma.

This all did make a difference and it is when I started experiencing the darkness etc.

So I wonder myself whether I was in fact invoking the Mother energy in it's true form.

To qualify this I would like to relate something Amma said in answer to a question.
The question put to her was: Why do you no longer embody the Shiva or Krishna energy in your ceremonies, instead you now always embody Shakti or Kali.
Amma's answer was that she found when she embodied Krishna that the energy was one of distance and detachment from others.
On the other hand the Kali or feminine Mother energy was truely empathic and she was able to be fully a Mother with people and feel for them and be more Motherly with them.
This is obviously her path, the path of the hugging Mother and it is why she stopped invoking Krishna from top down, presumably only during those ceremonies, but I don't know about that.

So to me the two energies of masculine and femine have very distinct qualities. The qualities experienced from kundalini tend to be empathic and more motherly, whereas the masculine energies from top down tend to be detached, but I would stress, no less loving.

Either way what makes the difference IMO, is inner silence and self inquiry. Development of inner silence and active and never ending self inquiry are the keys to openess and honest living.

Thank you for your post ananda, your loving energy floats on every word.
Peace brother[:)]

Ananda

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 01:12:29 AM »
if you think that there is loving energy in my words, then check yours divine Sparkle i could feel the radiant bliss whilst reading them.

Amma is truelly divine, i wish one day i'll have the opportunity to meet such a saint.

concerning the feminine and masculine part, your distinction and separation is true i understand what you're aiming at i'm reacting with the father as mother.

but the thing is i concider them both as mother, cz i sense the mother in the masculine as well.

and it's true i am using masculine energy (white, stillness, shiva) here, but the simple thing is that it's just all labeling feminine and masculine and i simply see divine mother in both labels it's just my own approach and out of respect and honor i call the masculine energy as mother too bcz you out of everyone know what the word mother means.

concerning mother kali blessed is she, all deities are mirrors to the divine and the mother is in all and god is mother number 1.

maybe the sri yantra gives the best description here, cz from mother everything springs forth.

and again i don't want to worry you i understand what you pointed at and the example of detachment versus loving kindness but i choose what you stressed on the loving and it's in the two so it's not bad to be worshiping the manifestation of both Shakti and Shiva as one form in divine mother(union).

by the way for the detached and motherly part i personnaly see that this is something very related with the chakras, cz whenever i am mostly present in my upper chakras i feel very detached but whenever i invoke the heart it's bliss loving kindness...

and concerning the virgin Mary, my heart weaps for love to this mother for she is the mother of all mothers and i had a lucid vision in a dream two days ago relating to her.

i dreamt that i was at a sacred pilgrimage place for the virgin Mary here in Lebanon named Harissa where there is a huge statue for the mother Mary http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3021351 .

and i saw a lot of people wearing white closes going back and forth and chanting and giving praise (most of them where hindues if not all) and i came near to them and asked them what are they doing and they replied that they are worshiping mother Shakti and i saw a small statue for a lady in white and everyone of these was surrounding it so i came near and gave praise to the beloved then suddenly all of these people in white robes lifted me up and took me toward the stairs of the virgin Mary statue and then i woke up with peace in my heart and i had an amazing day afterwards...

namaste brother Sparkle, and thk you for being here i am touched by your kind presence.

gratitude (f),

Ananda

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »
Hi Ananda

Thanks for the nice post[:)], I guess we are both resonating with each other's love[:)]

Yes, I understand about the labeling and that ultimately all is love in the heart and the heart is neutral, a blending and marriage of both energies.

For what it's worth I don't feel the slightest disadvantage in not having an active kundalini. At present the combination of AYP practices and mindfulness awarenes in the body is the experiencing of being stroked in love in each place in the body where I put my attention. I have no need of kundalini.

More importantedly for me though is the knowledge that kundalini is not necessary to be be free of suffering.
I have come to this conclusion having been on this forum for three years, come to know many people with active kundalinis, run an AYP group for two and a half years with some member who have active kundalinis and some don't.
It is a great joy to me that I have realised this and from my perspective it is also great for AYP.

It means that I and people in our AYP group, for instance, don't have to feel disadvantaged or somehow lacking if we are not active in kundalini. It means we can be joyful in the moment and feel the love and nurturing that the practices bring and it means we can be free of suffering now - and not later, at some distant time if and when the kundalini has had it way for a certain period.

For me it also says that AYP is effective and reachable by many many more people than before, if they don't feel they have to have their kundalini activated in order to be free.

This viewpoint and experience may be unacceptable here, but that's my take on it anyway. I think I am in company also with Echart Tolle and Byron Katie on this, as they never mention kundalini in their teachings.

Thanks for listening brother[:)]

emc

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 05:33:06 PM »
Louis, I'm a bit puzzled by your post above where you speak a lot about the absence of kundalini... What is kundalini to you? I've noticed that if I change my definition of what kundalini is, I can either have it or not have it depending on the definition! [:D] I prefer going with what Yogani writes:  kundalini is a term that applies to all phases of energy awakening. Do you have any energy moving in your body? If you do, I'd say it's kundalini! [;)]

Ananda

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »
dear Sparkle, it's a pleasure believe me.

and it's not only you who thinks this way the suffies and christians mystics thinks the same.

but we know the mechanics which are involved here, so we can point out another opinion still the same.

cases such as Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolly and Byron Katie they all went through extreme pain in their life which lead later on toward their awakening never mention the practices they did in past lifes and forgot about.

about mother kundalini, when the heart is open and a person is always functioning from the heart i've noticed that the works of kundalini are different (the fire works do not seem present as usual)

she is brought up into full scope but it's not your usual kind of ecstacy, it's the bliss experienced during samyama practice and a little step more it's like what you are describing experiences.

we will all go through the same process of transformation, but some of us will be there in less time bcz of the reason mentioned above (pain+past life practices)

and i have all of these (pain+ past life practices+ an awakened kundalini and i am still not there)

check this talk on spiritual transformation by saint Teresa de Avila and compare it with that of Yogani's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_of_Avila
quote:
Mysticism

"It is love alone that gives worth to all things." - St. Theresa of AvilaThe kernel of Teresa's mystical thought throughout all her writings is the ascent of the soul in four stages ("The Autobiography," Chs. 10-22):

The first, or "heart's devotion," is that of devout contemplation or concentration, the withdrawal of the soul from without and specially the devout observance of the passion of Christ and penitence.

The second is the "devotion of peace," in which at least the human will is lost in that of God by virtue of a charismatic, supernatural state given of God, while the other faculties, such as memory, reason, and imagination, are not yet secure from worldly distraction. While a partial distraction is due to outer performances such as repetition of prayers and writing down spiritual things, yet the prevailing state is one of quietude.

The "devotion of union" is not only a supernatural but an essentially ecstatic state. Here there is also an absorption of the reason in God, and only the memory and imagination are left to ramble. This state is characterized by a blissful peace, a sweet slumber of at least the higher soul faculties, a conscious rapture in the love of God.

The fourth is the "devotion of ecstasy or rapture," a passive state, in which the consciousness of being in the body disappears (2 Corinthians 12:2-3). Sense activity ceases; memory and imagination are also absorbed in God or intoxicated. Body and spirit are in the throes of a sweet, happy pain, alternating between a fearful fiery glow, a complete impotence and unconsciousness, and a spell of strangulation, intermitted sometimes by such an ecstatic flight that the body is literally lifted into space. This after half an hour is followed by a reactionary relaxation of a few hours in a swoon-like weakness, attended by a negation of all the faculties in the union with God. From this the subject awakens in tears; it is the climax of mystical experience, productive of the trance. (Indeed, St. Theresa herself was said to have been observed levitating during Mass on more than one occasion.)

Teresa is one of the foremost writers on mental prayer. Her definition was used in the Catechism of the Catholic Church: "Mental prayer [oraciĆ³n mental] is nothing else than a close sharing between friends; it means taking time frequently to be alone with him who we know loves us."

by the way, suffis go through the main phases take of example jalal el din al rumi and Ibna Aarabi and Al Hallaj.

they call ecstacy the "wine", sometimes you need a suffi glossary to understand that stuff[:)].

all i want to say is that kundalini is involved in the process, but the transformation doesn't have to be the same for everyone.

and suffies do self pace by the way, plus a teacher is always needed to help in that process bcz sometimes the student (al mourid) will go into a trance and never come back (melting in a sea of light) and when they do come back sometimes it's either enlightenment or another bad case scenarion the student becomes a majzoub (he becomes crazy simply put)

and those wit active kundalinis such as myself even with all the good stuff i am experiencing, are in need of more purification then these guys and yourself of that now i am sure.

namaste, and thk you for sharing.

love,

Ananda