Author Topic: For the ladies!  (Read 3936 times)

Babaly

For the ladies!
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:40:34 AM »
So one of my things in pranayama that was confusing to me was where to bring the energy at the perinium. Where was that physical point for me... so I have been bringing it in between my vagina and anus until.....

I've been reading through the books I haven't read on Yogani's book list and I am halfway through 'Kundalini Tantra' by Swami Satyananda Saraswati..... so in the chapter "Vama Marga and kundalini awakening" he explains that the male perinium point is in between their anus and sex organs but for women it is up behind the cervix personally I feel it a little behind the vaginal wall up behind there.-

quote:
In the female body the point of concentration is at the Mooladhara chakra, which is situated at the cervix, just behind the opening of the uterus.

Has made a big difference to me so I thought I would share it with you[:D]

Namaste
Babaly
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:42:12 AM by Babaly »

emc

For the ladies!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:06:03 AM »
So... when you follow the spinal nerve - is it sort of doing a sharp turn inwards toward the cervix? That would make a sort of square route from the ajna back throu the head, 90 degrees turn and then down the spine and again 90 degrees turn into the top of the vagina? Is that the correct route?

Hm... no wonder I have had problems finding that lower spot... Thanks, Babaly!

Babaly

For the ladies!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »
Hi EMC,

Yes, after following the Sushumna down the spine, then I follow it in further so I'm basically in between the anus and vagina and then I kinda swoop it up to behind the cervix. To me... it feels like there is a pool or resevoir of scintillating energy there.

Hope this helps:-)

Babaly

emc

For the ladies!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:12:02 AM »
I already feel the difference! [:D] Thank you, Angel! [;)]

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
For the ladies!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 04:11:23 AM »
Apologies for butting in on you ladies[8D]

I find this very interesting and was thinking of it in terms of teaching. After a quick try of it myself however I find looping the energy path down and around to the scrotum and back up again to feel very good.
So perhaps this also applies to men.
Any thoughts?
Louis

Babaly

For the ladies!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:14:27 AM »
Hi Louis,

Not having the same equipqment, I feel I can't really answer...[:D] Maybe Yogani or one of the others might weigh in on the matter.

But if it feels right?....

Namaste,
Babaly

emc

For the ladies!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 08:13:36 AM »
Got an insight today! I connected this new fact with Barry Long teachings about making love... It makes perfect sense that it is when penis reaches the very bottom of the vagina that the energies in lovemaking really flourishes and nourishes. If you just stay still, the organs will start to dance beautifully! And that is why clitorial stimulation now feels so... secondary... sort of, for me.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:21:17 AM by emc »

Babaly

For the ladies!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »
Yes EMC,

I got that too!!

How perfectly we are designed for liberation:-)

Babaly

emc

For the ladies!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
[:D]

By the way, interesting that even in the yoga teachings, it is MAN's anatomy that has been referred to. Woman's anatomy is "forgotten" and not mentioned. Man seems to be the norm in this area as well.

Are there any more differences that one should know of?

sadhak

For the ladies!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 11:06:34 PM »
Hi Babaly,
Why, I spent months telling people that I couldn't feel the pulse between the anus and vagina, but more inside the uterus... and no one understood. (I don't know where the cervix is exactly... have to refer to a pic of the anatomy of the female human) I no longer push my heel all the way back to find the spot between the anus and vagina... feel the pulse earlier. Thanks for bringing this up.

You're right. I often felt irritation when I read everything described only from the male point of view.

As for the difference, Siddhasana used to be an issue. Some say the right heel goes down for females and the left for males. Why, no one explains. I prefer, therefore the AYP view that either heel for either gender is OK.[:)]

Wolfgang

• http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de
For the ladies!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 11:11:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by emc

[:D]

By the way, interesting that even in the yoga teachings, it is MAN's anatomy that has been referred to. Woman's anatomy is "forgotten" and not mentioned. Man seems to be the norm in this area as well.

Are there any more differences that one should know of?

Man is not the norm, just an expression of one side [;)]
And may be some of you ladies got to enhance Yoganis lessons ...
The guru is in you

L&L
Wolfgang

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
For the ladies!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 05:05:58 AM »
Having given your idea a go Babaly, I found it a bit cumbersome on the in-breath and found myself reverting back to the normal procedure as outlined by the lessons - excerpt as below:

Next, with each rising inhalation of the breath, allow your
attention to travel upward inside a tiny thread, or tube, you
visualize beginning at your perineum, continuing up through the
center of your spine, and up through the stem of your brain to the
center of your head. At the center of your head the tiny nerve makes
a turn forward to the point between your eyebrows. With one slow,
deep inhalation let your attention travel gradually inside the nerve
from the perineum all the way to the point between the eyebrows. As
you exhale, retrace this path from the point between the eyebrows all
the way back down to the perineum. Then, come back up to the point
between the eyebrows with the next inhalation, and down to the
perineum with the next exhalation, and so on.

It occured to me that the advanced sidhasana :http://www.aypsite.com/plus/T28.html might give the same effect you were talking about, without detracting from the regular procedure - what do you think.[?]

Louis [:)]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
For the ladies!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 05:43:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

I couldn't feel the pulse between the anus and vagina, but more inside the uterus...

I have felt this too Sadhak.
Louis.. I have been in sitting  in advanced siddhasana for awhile now.. and now that you mention it.. I think that is what did the trick for me. [:)]

quote:
Lesson 28 - Advanced siddhasana for women and men
For women, the shift to advanced siddhasana involves letting the heel come forward to rest snuggly in the entrance to the yoni. It is a natural fit, and is easily accomplished by most enterprising yoginis. There is a second part to advanced siddhasana for women. This is to bring the toes of the outside foot up from under the shin of the inside leg and tuck the toes between the calf and thigh, bringing the heel of the outside foot to the yoni with the heel pressing against the clitoris. So, when accomplished, this form of siddhasana for women has the inside heel pressing comfortably up in the opening of the yoni, and the outside heel pressing comfortably against the clitoris.

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
For the ladies!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 03:03:25 AM »
This thread has been extremely helpful!  Thanks everyone.  It's going to take a little getting used to, but I can feel the potential for opening just behind the cervix...it's definitely The Spot.  How do you suppose Swami Satyananda Saraswati knew this?  :)  There had to be a Mrs. Swami, or a dedicated devotee who patiently dictated the anatomical particulars to him.  I wonder if Swamis blush.  In any case, it was a bold move and I'm thankful that he had the insight to include women in his writings.  Incidentally, I don't feel the need to do the swooping motion that Babaly described; I don't understand that part of it.  Like emc, the motion for me is down to the top of the vagina and a 90º turn in toward the cervix.  Do you naturally keep the vagina and anus slightly flexed?  Anyone?

emc

For the ladies!
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 05:12:29 AM »
I naturally keep both the vagina and anus slightly flexed. [:)] Hi sis! [;)]