Author Topic: Donations to AYP  (Read 254324 times)

Delara

Donations to AYP
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 05:14:41 AM »
Hello AYP members;

I have 9 Bundled packages of  "AYP Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living eBooks ( Volumes 1 & 2 )" that I would like to give away while stocks last.
If anyone is interested plz don't hesitate to contact me.

Love;
Delara

Kundalinigal

Donations to AYP
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:57 AM »
IWe have just made a donation to this site.  We use it everyday!

Omsat

Donations to AYP
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
Hello yogani and all,

I was thinking of donating to aypsite in a way that also promotes the teachings and practices and is extra fun.
Hence this question: Is purchasing ebooks from the aypsite for friends an effective way to donate?

In other words: which percentage of the amount spent on ebooks can be used for the operating/developing of aypsite, and which percentage is the paying of costs to not directly involved parties (which I guess would be mostly the financial intermediaries)?

This way of donating is appealing to me because it could be a nice way of (1) sharing why I love the teachings on aypsite, (2) making friends happy with a gift and (3) supporting aypsite financially.
It might have (4) some other rollover benefits as well. For instance more people reviewing the books on amazon or elsewhere.

Thank you
[OM][3][OM]

Omsat

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hello All:

Donations for helping make the AYP writings available to everyone around the world are accepted, and may be made to AYP on Paypal.com.

Paypal membership is not required. Just enter an amount and go to the bottom of the page to use the credit/debit card option.

It is preferred that any donations be for value that you feel has already been received, rather than for expectations about the future. In this way, the benefits that you have received can be translated into opportunities for others to receive similar benefits.

Also see the AYP Book Quantity Discount Program for obtaining copies of the AYP books for handing out or reselling. If you would like to participate directly in promoting, translating, publishing, or selling the AYP books, please write to Yogani.

If you would like to become a local planning contact in your area for an AYP meditation group, training, or retreat, please visit the "Local Contacts" page where there are instructions for becoming a contact.

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

The guru is in you.

Note: AYP is not a non-profit tax exempt entity, and donations are not deductible for tax purposes in the USA.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:41:08 PM by Omsat »

yogani

• AYP Plus
Donations to AYP
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 01:04:02 AM »
Hi Omsat:

Thanks much for your kind note and sharing. All funds that come in to AYP are used for further developing and sharing the knowledge, so any book purchase (the main source of funds) will be toward that end. Gifting AYP books to others is a good way to help AYP also, while at the same time providing exposure to the knowledge for others.

Direct downloads of ebooks or audiobooks through AYP, or through any of the channels shown on the books page, are more or less equal in their financial support to AYP, so the best channel to use is the one that best suits your needs.

And, of course, direct donations are welcome also, as is any support anyone may wish to provide for their region for organizing meditation groups, retreats, etc. There are many ways to help out with AYP. Whatever works best for you.

Many thanks, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Omsat

Donations to AYP
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
Dear yogani,

Thank you very much for clarifying and adding useful information in your reply.

For my friends in Western countries I would opt sending them the eBook.

However, I'm currently staying in the Philippines and quite a few of spiritually inclined friends here don't have easy access to internet. For them a hardcopy would be better.
For the Philippines, do you advise purchasing from Amazon China, Amazon India, or  another channel?
Amazon China makes much sense geographically, but I don't speak Mandarin..

I read about the Quantity Discount for paperback books on the other thread. Which is the quantity of books that makes this option worth (considering the location: Philippines)?

Would it help if some arrangement is made in which I purchase the electronic version and print the books here locally, while paying the due share (excluding printing costs) to aypsite?
I imagine this would be interesting for you to consider only for a certain amount of books being printed, to avoid practical hassle for little return. If so, please advise me on the quantity required, so I can decide.. I live in a small place, far away from the city and live a little bit a secluded life, so too large amount would make this option less suitable for me.
In that case, I could make a donation every time I print and share a book instead, if this is in accordance with the copyrights?

Thank you for further advising,

Omsat

quote:

Hi Omsat:

Thanks much for your kind note and sharing. All funds that come in to AYP are used for further developing and sharing the knowledge, so any book purchase (the main source of funds) will be toward that end. Gifting AYP books to others is a good way to help AYP also, while at the same time providing exposure to the knowledge for others.

Direct downloads of ebooks or audiobooks through AYP, or through any of the channels shown on the books page, are more or less equal in their financial support to AYP, so the best channel to use is the one that best suits your needs.

And, of course, direct donations are welcome also, as is any support anyone may wish to provide for their region for organizing meditation groups, retreats, etc. There are many ways to help out with AYP. Whatever works best for you.

Many thanks, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:44:15 PM by Omsat »

yogani

• AYP Plus
Donations to AYP
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 01:57:05 AM »
Hi Omsat:

There are several ways to go:

With the direct downloads, you can order an ebook (or audiobook, which includes the ebook) in your own name for another person and forward the download email to them. This is preferred over sending ebooks around as email attachments, which sends the wrong message. They are not for email attachment distribution hither and yon.

If those you would like to share AYP with do not have computer or internet access, you can print the direct download ebook (PDF version) and share it. In that case, it would be essentially the same as a third party published/printed and distributed translation, for which AYP receives a 10% royalty in US dollars on the paperback edition list price. List prices can be found on Amazon USA (do not use the Amazon discounted prices for royalty calculation). For the enlightenment series books, that would be 10% of $11.95, or $1.20 for each hard copy book distributed, which can be sent back totaled every few months using the AYP Paypal donation link.

An option for obtaining AYP paperback books is to order the India editions from Grasroutes in New Delhi. These are printed in India and are much less expensive than the USA and UK printed books. However, international shipping from India to the Philippines could be costly and/or unreliable. Check with Grasroutes for particulars, including any quantity discount.

Other options for obtaining paperbacks would be Amazon in China or India as you suggested (or Japan), but these prices are based on UK publishing and tend to be high for Asia. So is international shipping, and there is no guarantee the books will get there. In general, we have not had good experience with shipping books internationally. The same applies to the USA or UK quantity discounts direct from AYP's printer -- not recommended outside the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Australia due to shipping cost and reliability issues.

Many thanks for your interest in sharing AYP!

The guru is in you.

Omsat

Donations to AYP
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:33 AM »
Hi yogani,

Thanks for the very informative and extensive reply.

I have had some failure with sending internationally from India as well in the past (other than aypsite materials) and I have heard import in the Philippines is not always reliable also.

I'm happy the option with the donation link is fine with you, that seems very convenient. It's also relatively cheap to print in the Philippines.

I always feel good in my heart when talking/sharing aypsite teachings and wisdom. So, I can wholeheartedly say it's a pleasure to share :) Thank you for making it all happen!!

Warm wishes,
Omsat

quote:

Hi Omsat:

There are several ways to go:

With the direct downloads, you can order an ebook (or audiobook, which includes the ebook) in your own name for another person and forward the download email to them. This is preferred over sending ebooks around as email attachments, which sends the wrong message. They are not for email attachment distribution hither and yon.

If those you would like to share AYP with do not have computer or internet access, you can print the direct download ebook (PDF version) and share it. In that case, it would be essentially the same as a third party published/printed and distributed translation, for which AYP receives a 10% royalty in US dollars on the paperback edition list price. List prices can be found on Amazon USA (do not use the Amazon discounted prices for royalty calculation). For the enlightenment series books, that would be 10% of $11.95, or $1.20 for each hard copy book distributed, which can be sent back totaled every few months using the AYP Paypal donation link.

An option for obtaining AYP paperback books is to order the India editions from Grasroutes in New Delhi. These are printed in India and are much less expensive than the USA and UK printed books. However, international shipping from India to the Philippines could be costly and/or unreliable. Check with Grasroutes for particulars, including any quantity discount.

Other options for obtaining paperbacks would be Amazon in China or India as you suggested (or Japan), but these prices are based on UK publishing and tend to be high for Asia. So is international shipping, and there is no guarantee the books will get there. In general, we have not had good experience with shipping books internationally. The same applies to the USA or UK quantity discounts direct from AYP's printer -- not recommended outside the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Australia due to shipping cost and reliability issues.

Many thanks for your interest in sharing AYP!

The guru is in you.

pkj

Donations to AYP
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 08:45:20 AM »
Hello Yogani

Thanks for all the great knowledge and sharing with all of us. I can see your love, affection and spirtual energy in all the lessons. As a token of love i will do a small contribution to the AYP. Even though I don't have the Paypal account i thnk I can still do that.

Thanks and lot of love

PKJ

BillinL.A.

Donations to AYP
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
Yes Pkj, it says in the first post here that you don't need a Paypal account to donate.

All this talk of donating from you and Omsat has inspired me to do the same...so easy using Paypal.

The last few months of steady practice of AYP techniques seem to have done more for me than the previous 30 years of sporadic yoga efforts and the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.[/\]

Thank you AYP - Yogani.[3]

Clear Benedictus

Donations to AYP
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 02:46:48 AM »
Dear Yogani,
Could you provide an alternative to paypal for donation? If I recall I made my purchase through google. Could you make that link feasible for donation? Paypal does not seem to provide the same opportunity for both purchasing and, definitely, donation.
Thank you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
Donations to AYP
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »
quote:
Could you provide an alternative to paypal for donation? If I recall I made my purchase through google. Could you make that link feasible for donation? Paypal does not seem to provide the same opportunity for both purchasing and, definitely, donation.

Hi Clear Benedictus:

Thank you for your interest in helping out.

While we used to use Google Checkout for the AYP direct downloads as well as Paypal, they exited the payment processing business around 2011-2012. They were replaced for AYP direct downloads by 2Checkout (no relation to Google), an international credit card company. 2Checkout reaches many more places than Paypal, including the Middle East, Africa, India, China and other places.  

When you put an AYP download into the cart on the direct downloads page, you will see two payment options -- "Paypal" and "Pay with Credit Card." The second one is 2Checkout.

While 2Checkout cannot be used for donations directly, the AYP direct downloads page can be used by selecting any of the many download options ranging from $5 for individual ebooks, all the way up to $90 for all the AYP ebooks and audiobooks. If you make a payment at a level of your choice, you can do the downloads or not depending on your need. AYP pays a flat monthly fee to the download vendor, so there is no additional cost to AYP for additional downloads. Any purchase can also be regarded as a "donation" to help defray the cost AYP incurs to keep the downloads available, and to help with other expenses enabling us to continue sharing the AYP free resources worldwide.

Wishing you all the best on your path, and thanks again for you interest in supporting the work!

The guru is in you.