Author Topic: Burping  (Read 3181 times)

vijikr

Burping
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:05:43 AM »
Namaste,

Yesterday after doing the SBP and meditation the whole night i was going on burping...has anyone gone through that? Is that a kind of cleaning process?

I have noticed that my awareness goes frequently to the top of my head and i feel iam able to breath from there and i feel there is some kind of rotation there..is that normal?

Love and Light
Viji

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Burping
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:24:22 AM »
Hi Viji!

First off, burping can be a sign of excess air retention due to the GI tract making ojas....Ojas is the combination of food, air and sexual essences in the GI tract.  You can read about it here... http://www.aypsite.com/plus/51.html .
Secondly...STAY AWAY FROM THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD!!!  Can't stress this enough....Don't go there my friend.  Take your awareness to the Third Eye spot instead.  It can be difficult sometimes as the "energy" WANTS to go to the head, but this is dangerous.  Try reading this topic here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/201.html and this thread here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=4984 ....oh and maybe revisit the self pacing lesson here too: http://www.aypsite.com/plus/38.html

Best of luck my friend!

Love,
Carson[^]

vijikr

Burping
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »
Hi Carzon,

Thanks for all the infos..I just went through them. I'll stay away from concentrating on the crown but sometimes without my knowledge it goes there but now what i do is i just shake my head and bring the concentration to the third eye.

Thanks.

Jack

Burping
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 04:32:48 AM »
Yeah, I burp all the freaking time!

lorf

Burping
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:09:03 AM »
Glad to see this topic. I have been trying to figure the burbing out for years.
When iit first started it could go on for days. Where did all the air come from?
Now it starts when I change my own frequency or cleanse myself or others. It can start when I have spent much time with people not so aware of energetic hygiene. It can also start when I for some reason have to cleanse a room.
I tell you, I have really tried to figure this one out and have got a variety of answers.
Some examples:
A blocked and "dirty" solar plexus
Releasing tension
Air ir materializing in the stomach(same principle as living on air)
Caused by the movement of the assemblage point
Heling teqnique from past lives as a shaman

I think I like the releasing tensions the best but I am not 100% sure.

lorf

It is just to pick one

lorf

Burping
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:37 AM »
Oh,
I forgot one more suggestion I have got, tell you I really have been asking around since this has been a mystery to me and I met very few other  people having this.
The other suggestion I got was that this burping could be when the solar plexus is transforming "heavy" energies to "light" and in the transformation air is coming out.
And really I would love to get more clarity in this....

vijikr

Burping
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »
Thanks lorf for all your suggestions.I guess its becaz solar plex transformation...since it has stopped now and after starting AYP the first thing I noticed is bowel movements and cleaning of bowel(like its throwing up/away more waste)Anyone had similar experience?

Sparkle

• MindfulLiving.ie
Burping
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lorf

Oh,
I forgot one more suggestion I have got, tell you I really have been asking around since this has been a mystery to me and I met very few other  people having this.
The other suggestion I got was that this burping could be when the solar plexus is transforming "heavy" energies to "light" and in the transformation air is coming out.
And really I would love to get more clarity in this....

Just wondering lorf, if this transformation through the solar plexus is similar to what I describe here:
http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=5230

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Burping
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »
When we meditate and practice spinal breathing and use siddhasana, mulabandha, sambhavi mudra and pull our energy upward then alchemical changes happen in us. The combining of energy and air and food in our GI tract results in the production of soma.  This can result in the excessive gassy feeling and burping.

Yogani talks about it in this lesson: Lessons 51 - Pranayama Q&A – Strange gurglings

quote:
This is an excellent sign of progress. It means that prana is being drawn up from your pelvic region into the digestive system, and air is being drawn in to mix with the prana. You have food in there too, of course. Prana, air, and food; these are the three elements that fuel a new process that occurs in our digestive system as our body transforms to a higher state of functioning.

Actually, it is the activation of the belly chakra. In Sanskrit, the language of the ancient wisdom of India, it is called, “manipura,” which means, “city of jewels,” referring to the glowing sensation you described. The Chinese are less romantic about it; in Taoism it is called “the cauldron,” referring to the mixing and cooking that goes on in the belly. By whatever name, it is a tangible process in the body that is stimulated by advancements in pranayama and meditation. As our body and nervous system gradually become purified, breath naturally begins to suspend, and a new kind of biology comes up in us.

He also explains it in this lesson:Lesson 304 – Diet, Kundalini, and the Nectar Cycle

quote:
When there is sufficient inner silence present via the daily practice of deep meditation, and then the breath and body are brought into the process via spinal breathing pranayama, asanas, mudras, bandhas, and tantric sexual methods, we will notice three things occurring.

1. An expansion of sexual energy from the pelvic region upward, with part finding its way into the GI tract.

2. The natural retention of air in the GI tract.

3. The interaction of food with the sexual essences and air in the GI tract.

The natural combination of these three elements in the digestive system through an emerging higher form of digestion gives rise to a new substance emanating from the GI tract, which permeates the entire body. Much of this penetration occurs as this substance enters the spinal canal and rises up through the chest cavity to the head. The highly penetrating and sometimes intoxicating substance produced in the GI tract has been given many names. A name prevalent in yoga is soma. The word soma also refers to a hallucinogenic plant, which is not what we are talking about here. In Taoism, the GI tract, when engaged in this higher functioning, is called the caldron, recognizing the alchemy that is occurring there – three ordinary substances (sexual essence, air, and food) being combined to create an extraordinary substance that is a key to the process of human spiritual transformation.

So if you find yourself getting gassy and burping a lot after meditation then it is definitely the process described above. Also, be conscious of a sweet or sour or bitter taste in your mouth (if it's sour or bitter, drink water and the water will have a sweet aftertaste) during such times, this will be because, this process also increases the production of amrita.

quote:
The process continues in the head, with further refinements occurring in the brain, which lead to another substance being secreted through the sinuses, down through the inside nasal passages, into the throat and then down into the GI tract again, where it joins in the process already described. This recycling of subtle essences leads to even more refined processing in the GI tract. The substance coming down from the brain into the GI tract is referred to as amrita (nectar) in the yoga tradition. It can sometimes be experienced as a sweet aroma in the nasal passages and sweet taste in the mouth.

ycloutier2000

Burping
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 05:01:48 AM »
Remember that in Yoga, we are working at the energetic level.

If you have an emotion, but do not let it express itself, it stays stuck and forms a denser energy pattern within your energetic body.  Memories, emotions, repetetive thought patterns - all of these create denser energy which may or may not get crystalized.

By doing energetic practices such as Yoga, pranayama and meditation, what happens is that those denser energy patterns get transmuted, "microwaved" so to speak.  Now in a more fluid and subtle (gaseous) state they can now travel along the nadis and exit via the digestive system.  

So when we do such practices, we are clearing our  karma so to speak, in a very real sense.

If you pay attention you could notice someold memory pop up or some striking thought form surface shortly before burping.

Eventhough you may have stopped your sadhana an hour earlier, energetically, the process is still happening - the wheels have been set in motion so to speak and will continue to turn for sometime, as will the purification, until it winds down.

But as you clear those energetic blockages and your wheels(chakras) start turning, you become like a vaccuum.  As your energetic machinery starts working again, it starts to take in energy from around you.  If you are around people who are full of baggage, and don't do any work on themselves, then unfortunately, you might inadverdently end up processing their junk for them.  

That is how I understood the concept of Satsang - being around people who are on the same path, who do their own work.  Otherwise, it's no fun doing so much work on yourself, clearing your junk, only to end up processing another person's junk.  

Physically it is not hamring you, but energetically it will be uncomfortable for the time that the junk is being processed.  Sometimes you may even feel nauseous - that's when you know how much baggage others might be carrying.

kevincann

Burping
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »
@ycoutier2000,

You said,

"If you have an emotion, but do not let it express itself, it stays stuck and forms a denser energy pattern within your energetic body. Memories, emotions, repetetive thought patterns - all of these create denser energy which may or may not get crystalized."

Well said.

One thing I wish to discuss a bit, is once again mistaken ideas about desire and "how to be holy".

So many people, when they start in practice, "try" to "act" in the
"proscribed manner".

Well there is no proscribed manner to act in.

If you kick the Buddha in the balls, will he not go Yelp!

He could restrain a reaction, and even if his reaction were totally
pure, to hold it in, for no good reason, would be foolish.

When an enlightned person (someone who has excellent spiritual hygiene)
is hit with something, it is not inappropriate to respond in some manner.

Even an "enlightened person" might go "sh*t!" even if they were deep
in the silence.

What they would NOT do, is obsess about anything that happens to them.
They will often react much like anyone..

But what puts someone's shorts in a twist for a month, will just cause
the tiniest blip of reaction for 1/2 a second for someone who is open,
and acting as a conduit for unconditioned consciousness.

Even a hygenically clear person (I do not care for the E word
really.. such awful baggage attached to it.. maybe I'll start saying
another word soon..) is still human... and in fact, OTHER PEOPLES
KARMA will flow into and out of them... and some might stick a little..
nobody is perfect. The slightest worry about being perfect is pure
poison.. don't try to PERFECT. That won't happen. Try to be
EXCELLENT; and only try this, by not trying.. byt letting the silence
claim you... and by feeding your Bhakti, to be ever stronger..

But a spiritually-hygenic person, will automatically process grunge,
and not get caught up in worry about their "image". They have no image. They are free.

So @ycoutier2000, what a beautiful wonderful thing you pointed out.
This one concept is worth spending a solid day memorizing, for
someone just starting to practice.

Bravo.

By the way... in other traditions, the "Fool" is considered to be the
highest form of consciousness... If you come across someone who thinks
that they are "hot sh*t", all holy and hands folded, always having
the "wise" comment read on their lips that means little, but they
won't go "damnit!" or "sh*t!" or scream like a madman/madwoman with
utter laughter on a frequent basis... I'd seriously doubt they
were the teensiest enlightened.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Cann

wakeupneo

• http://pureabidance.blogspot.com/
Burping
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 05:20:57 AM »
Ah, thank you Yogani. What a wonderful resource.

Was wondering what the heck was going on. Then i thought what if this has something to do with the process. Maybe AYP talks about it. sure enough...

Some get cosmic orgasms. Others frolic with celestial beings.

I get gas, lovely, hehe[:p]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:50:00 PM by wakeupneo »