Author Topic: AYP Website and Forum Traffic Statistics  (Read 326280 times)

krcqimpro1

AYP Website and Forum Traffic Statistics
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »
Hi Yogani,
Another point of interest might be to check (if possible) how many of the  visitors from countries other than  India are actually of Indian origin. I expect there would be many.
Krish

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Yogani,
Another point of interest might be to check (if possible) how many of the  visitors from countries other than  India are actually of Indian origin. I expect there would be many.
Krish

Hi Krish:

While I don't have statistics on that, it has been a large number (maybe 10-20%) seen here in email (and in the forums) over the years from USA, Canada, Europe, Middle East and elsewhere. These are people from India living the modern lifestyle around the world, and may well represent the path of full-scope yoga in India in coming years. So, yes, good point. India reaches far beyond her borders these days.

Some have said that the rich spiritual heritage of India is fading under the pressure of modern industrial society. I don't think this is true. It is transforming to meet the need of the times, as it always has. People everywhere have an inherent need to cultivate their infinite inner potential -- more now than ever. So adaptions and integrations of the ancient wisdom for more effective application are sure to continue in the modern age. AYP is but one example of this.

The guru is in you.

krcqimpro1

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
Far from fading, I think there is a huge upsurge, worldwide,in (benign)spiritual activity. It is palpable in India, as I am sure it must be elsewhere, fundamentalism and fanaticism notwithstanding in some areas.
krish

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 12:27:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Far from fading, I think there is a huge upsurge, worldwide,in (benign)spiritual activity. It is palpable in India, as I am sure it must be elsewhere, fundamentalism and fanaticism notwithstanding in some areas.
krish

Definitely, but not necessarily the way traditionalists would like. Nevertheless, change is happening on the deepest levels. "The Shine" is emerging in everyone, everywhere. [8D]  

The guru is in you.

miguel

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
Definitely,yes.[:)]

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
Hi All:

Because Google Analytics does not provide age and gender demographics, these have been added for 2009 from AYP on YouTube at the bottom of the above website statistics (first post in this topic).

You might find it interesting. I did. [:)]

All the best!

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 02:53:46 AM »
Hi All:

The above website statistics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of March 31, 2010.

The most active countries/regions maps and Youtube demographics are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

Wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

PS: World map and stat links are now provided for both July 2007 - March 2010 and 12 Months Ending March 2010, so more recent country/territory activity can be seen in relation to the whole.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:07:36 PM by ruirib »

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 05:16:55 AM »
Hi All:

The Google website statistics and YouTube age/gender demographics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of June 30, 2010.

The world maps with ranked country statistics have also been updated through June 2010, since 2007 and for the past 12 months. The most active individual country/region maps are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

The guru is in you.

dgunz11

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

The Google website statistics and YouTube age/gender demographics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of June 30, 2010.

The world maps with ranked country statistics have also been updated through June 2010, since 2007 and for the past 12 months. The most active individual country/region maps are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

The guru is in you.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks yogani for updating.

john
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:07:00 PM by ruirib »

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 03:26:53 AM »
Hi All:

The Google website statistics and YouTube age/gender demographics (first post in this topic) have been updated as of September 30, 2010.

The world maps with ranked country statistics have also been updated through September 2010, since 2007 and for the past 12 months. The most active individual country/region maps are updated annually, so those will be updated at the end of the year.

The guru is in you.

krcqimpro1

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 07:31:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Updated September 30, 2010

Hi All:

The AYP website and support forums have seen 317 thousand unique visitors from 212 countries and territories, and 5.7 million page views (hits) since Google record-keeping started in July 2007.

The following graph and data links from Google cover AYP website and forum traffic statistics. The graphs show monthly data.

All Traffic - July 2007 (when Google data started) to September 2010
Unique Visitors = 317,480
Visits (new + returning) = 825,022
Page Views (hits) = 5,695,675

12 Months Ending September 2010
Unique Visitors = 129,131
Visits (new + returning) = 321,094
Page Views (hits) = 2,014,739

Full Year 2009
Unique Visitors = 112,923
Visits (new + returning) = 280,632
Page Views (hits) = 2,020,749

Full Year 2008
Unique Visitors = 82,492
Visits (new + returning) = 218,804
Page Views (hits) = 1,604,371

6 Months 2007 (Full Year Estimates = 6 Month Stats x 2)
Unique Visitors = 55,894 (full year estimate)
Visits (new + returning) = 159,718 (full year estimate)
Page Views (hits) = 1,129,588 (full year estimate)

Regional Maps and Statistics

For those who are interested in regional traffic details, below are Google maps and statistics showing AYP website traffic distribution for the world, zooming in on the most active countries and regions.

World - All Countries/Territories (July 2007 - Sept 2010)
World - All Countries/Territories (12 Months Ending Sept 2010)

Most active countries/regions (July 2007 - Dec 2009):

1. United States - All
(most active states - California, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia, Texas)  

2. United Kingdom and Ireland

3. India

4. Canada

5. Germany

6. Sweden

7. France

8. Australia and New Zealand

Demographics from "AYP on YouTube"

Age and Gender - Jan 2009 - Sept 2010 (based on 126,000 video views)

Note: The geographical distribution of AYP on YouTube video views is similar to the Google stats above. Since Google does not cover age and gender demographics, the YouTube stats for this are included here.

Wishing you the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »
Hi All:

The AYP website and forum traffic statistics have been updated through December 2010 in the first post of this topic, here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=4975

Some highlights:

1. The number of traffic maps has been increased to cover all 50 states in the USA, and the 50 countries/regions having the most traffic. This has been done to provide more information for those interested in organizing and/or participating in AYP meditation groups, training and retreats. It is nice to know when there are folks with similar interests nearby. [ :) ]

2. Especially notable are the countries near the top of the list which would likely not be there without the ongoing efforts of translators of the AYP writings, planning contacts and leaders of AYP events. Many thanks to all who are helping so many to undertake self-directed practice!

3. While the growth of unique visitors to the AYP website and forums was good in 2010 (up 18% to 133,000), the overall page views (hits) were down slightly from 2009. While it is hard to pin-point the reasons for this, it may be be related to more practitioners using the AYP books, which have seen more readers since last summer, particularly since bundled offerings for the AYP ebooks and audiobooks came out.

Wishing everyone all the best on your path for 2011, and beyond!

The guru is in you.

PS: Related links:

International Translations for the AYP Lessons (not included in the traffic statistics here)

AYP Local Planning Contacts

Bundled AYP eBooks and AudioBooks
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:06:14 PM by ruirib »

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 12:52:49 AM »
I always heard other yogis (some who are teachers!) here in Beirut telling me that they are spreading the word but this is far beyond what I expected[:)] and Lebanon is such a small country...

Happy new year Yoganiji for you and the world.

Light and Love,
Ananda

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 02:42:53 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I always heard other yogis (some who are teachers!) here in Beirut telling me that they are spreading the word but this is far beyond what I expected[:)] and Lebanon is such a small country...

Happy new year Yoganiji for you and the world.

Light and Love,
Ananda

Hi Ananda:

And the statistics here do not include the Arabic website, or any other translations of the AYP lessons. There can be no doubt that the translations are feeding back to the AYP English website, and vise-versa. It is all connected.  

Very good job! [:)]

The guru is in you.

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 03:35:31 AM »
Hi Yogani, you might be surprised but most of the people who live in Beirut and the coastal area in Lebanon really hate reading in Arabic so when myself or any of my friends share the AYP msg we usually share www.aypsite.org before sharing the Arabic website.

In Beirut I just shared with a few friends and it spread word to mouth faster then I expected (mainly because the sharing was done with some teachers from other schools.)

As for the new arabic website, it's not getting as much visitors as the old meyoga website.

Ayparabia (which covers the arab world) is getting approximately between 250 and 290 unique visitors a month while as meyoga used to get almost 1000 unique visitors a month. Maybe it's something that has to do with the name... Can't figure this out yet but when one writes yoga in arabic the google results for ayparabia come late while as they used to be shown on the first two or three pages at the times when meyoga was around.

Love,
Ananda