Author Topic: Partnered or Not?  (Read 942 times)

gumpi

Partnered or Not?
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:54:39 AM »
My question is - how many people on this forum are married or have a partner?

The reason i ask is just out of wonder and interest.  I might sound perverse or off here but i seem to find that almost everyone whose post i have seen is either married or has a partner, and to me that is a bit weird.  lol

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Partnered or Not?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 07:59:43 AM »
Hi Gumpi.

I am married, but just 3 months married.  Why would you ask though?  Why do you think that it is wierd?  Maybe meditation helps to make us all more attractive people and everyone just wants to get with us.[;)]

Love,
Carson[^]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:15:16 AM by CarsonZi »

YogaIsLife

Partnered or Not?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:09:41 AM »
weird, why? I think it is a good thing. Although I am not married or partnered [:(] At least for the moment [:D]

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
Partnered or Not?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:57:08 AM »
I'm neither married nor partnered.  I'm in my late 40s and have never been married, although I've lived with boyfriends over the years.  I like living alone, and don't consider there to be a 'loss' in my life for not having a steady partner.  And of course that could always change.  But for me, the prolonged solitude has been a blessing, as I've had to search within myself to find the contentment that is often associated with companionship.  

To each her own.  [:)]

newpov

Partnered or Not?
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:28:03 AM »
I divorced years ago after having a son. Parenting was great, but marriage was awful! Since that time I've wandered for life purpose, wondering what to do about myself spiritually. I'm finding nourishment at this Forum, often from those who have experienced other traditions and are finding their own way to integration.

machart

Partnered or Not?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
Married for almost 25 years  ... not for everybody  I'm sure ... surprised my wife put up with my quirky obsessive behavior all this time.

One key thing I've learned from marriage is acceptance and contentment....and to enjoy the mystery.

Newpov ... I would not have posted except I saw this is your 108th post at 10:13 PM EST 10-22-08 (My current obsession is the number 108...I see it everywhere)... Best of luck on your spiritual quest! I'm sure by following AYP or any other practice you choose you will find what you are looking for....the guru is everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:41:02 PM by machart »

YogaIsLife

Partnered or Not?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
When I saw the 108 in newpov's post I thought of you machart [;)]

brother neil

Partnered or Not?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »
i am asking for a partner, as it has been said, "ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, know and it shall be open"  i ask to experience this love so if anyone has any free time in their samyama practice, send some love, or a love, my way :)  
we are love, we are peace, we are joy
i am brother neil

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Partnered or Not?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
You and your future partner will be in MY samyama Neil.

Love,
Carson[^]

brother neil

Partnered or Not?
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 09:06:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

You and your future partner will be in MY samyama Neil.

Love,
Carson[^]

thank you brother carson, I will also send a breath your way for fertility of child[:)]
may all be well for you brother
we are love, we are peace, we are joy, even if we dont know it
we are one
i am brother neil

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
Partnered or Not?
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 01:01:24 AM »
I got married in 1974, and my wife died of cancer in 2007, after 33 years together.  She was my everything, my being and reason, my motivation to get up every morning and the comfort that let me sleep at night.  After she died, I knew almost immediately that I could not continue my life alone.  I met my current wife a year ago, and we married three months ago.  I cannot imagine a life without a partner--I've never lived alone, and know that I could never do it.  It is my path...
Michael