Author Topic: Celibacy  (Read 1245 times)

neli

Celibacy
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »

Hi,

I wonder if this practice helps the K energy or not.
Maybe it has nothing to do with, but I would like to know.
Iam a practicioner of celibacy since many years back, maybe 15, or more. I would like to know if this practice has smoothed any symptoms of my K arising, and made me feel always like in ecstasy, or is it just a coincidence. I have the idea that celibacy arise the ecstasy, as it has been with me since the beginning.

I would like some ideas about it, or advices

Thanks in advance.
Sat Nam
Neli

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Celibacy
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:24:18 AM »
hi neli,

speaking for myself i am a moderate person in my sexual activity and the ayp system suits me very well.

this is smthg that might clear things up concerning being a celibate or not is a necessity:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=4225

namaste,

Ananda

neli

Celibacy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »

Hi Ananda

Thanks so much for the info.

I think that Gopi Krishna was right when he said that celibacy is the better and faster way to attain the real ecstasy of the K energy and enlightenment.

Of course each one of us has our own method that suits better.

I mean if the priests of some churchs practice the celibacy, it has to have some meaning, and that meaning is the pure ecstasy and the enlightenment with the sublime.

The Lamas also practice celibacy, as well as Buddha in his time. It has to have a stronger meaning.

I respect each one's practices, but in my opinion celibacy has to have a stronger meaning, not only what has been said, that is contrary to nature. I think there is more, maybe we don't understand it.

I mean why the biggest prophets in the world were celibates ? Why Jesus were a celibate ? or many others ?

It has to have some bigger meaning with this practice, I can feel it, but don't understand it very well.

Why the Dalai Lama practices celibacy ?

In my opinion practicing celibacy transmute the energies of the body into something more sublime and ecstatic, or maybe we are more aware of the spiritual world. Even Joan of Arc was a celibate. Why?

I know most of you are against celibacy, but the people we admire and love the most were celibates. And no one can explains the why they were or are celibates.

thanks for your reply or any other replies.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hi neli,

speaking for myself i am a moderate person in my sexual activity and the ayp system suits me very well.

this is smthg that might clear things up concerning being a celibate or not is a necessity:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=4225

namaste,

Ananda

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Celibacy
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »
it's all good my friend, to each what suits him best.

kindest regards,

Ananda

gumpi

Celibacy
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 04:21:33 AM »
Neli,

I think there are a couple of reasons for celibacy that i am aware of.  First, i think one of the goals is to transcend the body and since sexual thoughts consume people A LOT, they don't want those thoughts coming up in meditation and then outside meditation. It is a discipline on the body to discipline the mind.  Thoughts of sexual take up a lot of mental energy and consequently when sex becomes physical more energy is lost.

I have no idea what people at AYP are saying about semen going up the spine.  

Another thing is that repressing sex is harmful.  Since it is habitual in thought and therefore in deed it needs to be gradually brought under control through minor suppression for short periods which then become longer and longer.  Plus, enlightened people aren't thought of of indulging in sex because they have to have a "pure" image.  

The western view of sex is completely different than the eastern.  In Hinduism the main thrust is towards transcending body consciousness.  That is the main reason why celibacy is favoured i think.

neli

Celibacy
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »

Gumpi

I agree with you that physical sex is a lost of energy.
I think also that celibacy is a kind of discipline of the mind, and it is attained gradually, but it works.

Gopi also tought that semen went up to the brain to feed the energy or the crown chakra, and it went up through the spinal tube, producing a big ecstasy in him. He also felt a big arousal of the sex energy, but to feed the K energy, not to have physical sex. He became a celibate after the awakening, before he was married and had children. All his sex arousal he gave it to Shakti, he also thought that Shakti devoured man,(sexually) and depicts shiva like someone feeble and dependant of the Shakti desires. But he also points that the energy of Shakti needs a lot the energy of sex, (transmuted)like a strong connection between sex and Shakti. But he refers to the seminal liquid when entering the brain or chakra to feed the energy, for him this was very important.

Celibacy is not a repressing sex matter, its transmuting the sex energy into spiritual ecstasy, this happens gradually, it depends on each person. I think this has nothing to do with "pureness" but with powerness, as Shakti feeds herself with this energy. I mean Joan of Arc was a celibate, she was "pure" but she was in the war killing people,to free France from England. But she was in communication with some angels or beings, that told her what to do. What I want to say is that the K energy was working in her, and her celibacy helped the communication with these beings that helped her.

I see human beings as spirits in a human body, I have transcended the sex arousal.

Why to think always in sex? All the human race is based on sex as the most important thing of the world, and I don't think it is, on the contrary, it is just important to make kids, but nothing more. Well to give physical pleasure to people that cannot transcend.

I don't think people understands the word "transcending"

When you take a frog in your hands, you don't think about sex, and if you think about it, its just to know if it is a male or a female, you don't feel "horny" cause you have a female frog in your hands, or any other animal, well its the same with human beings when you have transcended the sex arousal.

I don't think Buddha or Jesus, or the Dalai Lama have felt "horny" or hot, cause they have transcended this process of the energy.

Gopi transcended this process as well.

Human beings are based on sex and money, also power, but nothing more.

We need 3,000 thousand years more to *transcend* the primitive instincts.

People use to think that when one is a celibate, one is abnormal, or have a trauma, or is sick of something, but they cannot understand the word transcendence.

I don't understand why people worships celibate people, like Jesus, or Buddha, and hates the celibacy.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Neli,

I think there are a couple of reasons for celibacy that i am aware of.  First, i think one of the goals is to transcend the body and since sexual thoughts consume people A LOT, they don't want those thoughts coming up in meditation and then outside meditation. It is a discipline on the body to discipline the mind.  Thoughts of sexual take up a lot of mental energy and consequently when sex becomes physical more energy is lost.

I have no idea what people at AYP are saying about semen going up the spine.  

Another thing is that repressing sex is harmful.  Since it is habitual in thought and therefore in deed it needs to be gradually brought under control through minor suppression for short periods which then become longer and longer.  Plus, enlightened people aren't thought of of indulging in sex because they have to have a "pure" image.  

The western view of sex is completely different than the eastern.  In Hinduism the main thrust is towards transcending body consciousness.  That is the main reason why celibacy is favoured i think.

Why, do you feel like getting hot and horny with someone?  Neli is a nice name lol [:D]  Only kidding.

neli

Celibacy
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:34:24 PM »

Ananda,

You are very right, thanks for your reply.

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

it's all good my friend, to each what suits him best.

kindest regards,

Ananda

yogibear

Celibacy
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:34:37 PM »
Hi Neli,

There are big beings and little beings when it comes to energy. That is how Scientology puts it. Scientolgists call it theta volume. Theta is life energy and you and I are called thetans in their lingo.

Someone like Vivekananda or Jesus have loads of it. They are "big beings."

There is a book called Sexual Energy and Yoga by Elisabeth that might help you round out your concepts in this area and answer some questions.

Best, yb.

neli

Celibacy
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »

Hi yogibear

I have heard something about Scientologists, had a friend that was with them, but went out at the end.

I can imagine the big energy of Vivekananda or Jesus, also Baba Muktananda, cause he gave shaktipat with his finger to many people.

They manipulate the matter with the energy of their minds.

I'll try to find the book you mention, thanks a lot.

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by yogibear

Hi Neli,

There are big beings and little beings when it comes to energy. That is how Scientology puts it. Scientolgists call it theta volume. Theta is life energy and you and I are called thetans in their lingo.

Someone like Vivekananda or Jesus have loads of it. They are "big beings."

There is a book called Sexual Energy and Yoga by Elisabeth that might help you round out your concepts in this area and answer some questions.

Best, yb.

neli

Celibacy
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 06:10:03 PM »

Gumpi,

I quoted this:

quote:

It did not meant to offend anyone, less you, cause I know that you need a lot of help as much as I. Maybe I'm more twisted than anyone in the group, cause I'm trying to understand what's happening in my body, after being in celibacy for 15 years, and now I have many doubts, cause the K energy is very strong and make a lot of changes inside us, and I think I'm loosening my own "discipline" that I have constructed for many years, but Shakti is hard sometimes, maybe my sexual discipline was a blockage, and Shakti is hitting me hard on this. And I'm very confused. Was not before.

I mean I'm fighting with myself since Shakti awakened, and I'm very afraid. I never felt sensual before, and I don't know how to get rid of this sensuality, or maybe this is normal and it will pass, but am afraid that it wont pass. I don't want to break my vows on celibacy, it would be so hard for me.

I didn't mean to be rude with you, I'm sorry for that, hope we can be friends again.

Maybe we can help each other as well. I agree in some points with you.

Sometimes is better not feel anything, cause many things can change when one feels the symptoms that Shakti wants us to feel, and the much we fight the much the symptom gets high.

When we begin this path, we arrive very dirty in Shakti's view, sometimes from other lifes, or from this, then she begins the transformation, and it can be a big one. And sometimes we don't like it.

I think we are on the same boat but in different things. As I told you, when she does the cleanse we don't even know what she is doing inside us, sometimes we react with anger, cause we are rejecting to be transformed.

I know that the K word is to surrender, but is not that easy.

I appreciate your honesty and frankness.

kind regards
Neli

gumpi

Celibacy
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
Dear Neli,

of course we can be friends.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Blessings.

neli

Celibacy
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »

Gumpi,

I know that you didn't mean to hurt my feelings, maybe is because I'm very confused at the moment with this transformation process. I have more than a year with Shakti, and she is still in the cleanse, and meanwhile it makes me feel very sensitive to all.

Thanks for your friendship!

kind regards
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Dear Neli,

of course we can be friends.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Blessings.