Author Topic: Calling All INDIA Practitioners!  (Read 5504 times)

anillsinha

Calling All INDIA Practitioners!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »
Hi Yogani,

I searched 'print on demand india' in google and found the following links of organizations who are offering the service in India:

http://pothi.com/pothi/pothicom-publishers
http://cinnamonteal.dogearsetc.com/
http://www.suntecindia.com/data-entry-india/print-on-demand-pdf.htm

I do not know how they compare with prices of conventional printing in India and on-demand printing in America. But surely they deserve a look.

I hope it helps.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:59 AM »
Hi anillsinha:

Many thanks for the feedback. Looks like good progress for print-on-demand publishing has been occurring in India over the past few years. When we first started looking in 2005, there was none.

The piece that is still missing is direct connections and automatic fulfillment through major distribution channels -- print-on-demand ordered by and shipped direct to online booksellers and physical distributors, according to demand they see at the retail level. It is coming. This is how it works in the Americas and Europe. It is very efficient and cost-effective for all parties concerned.

We will be making a decision on this in 6-12 months, when the next two AYP books are coming out. When we address these in India, we will also begin shifting publishing of all the AYP books to print-on-demand there, preferably with automatic fulfillment through major distribution channels.

The Eight Limbs of Yoga book will go straight to print-on-demand publishing, along with the two new books (AYP Easy Lessons Vol 2 and Liberation).

The guru is in you.

njethwa

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »
Namaste,
  In India and every book you read about learning advanced practice, it emphasizes to practice in front or presence of a guru. I have been reading,learning and practicing through books all these years.

In the west, people have all the basic needs satisfied and still they want more. This want for more may turn them to negative things(like drugs) or good things like spirituality. When they turn to spirituality, they look for Gurus and swamis. The swamis and guru often visit USA and hence they get a chance to meet them and get initiation. As part of the initiation it is emphasized that not to share these techniques. I don't fully understand why?

I believe in India, people are more ritualistic than spiritual and that is the problem. People go to sadhus,saints and swamis to solve their mundane life issues. These swamis tell them to do certain rituals and the problem gets solved probably and thereafter the person becomes a follower. This person then tells the other person how this sadhu is so magical and powerful and how with his grace he has a stable job, son got married, daughter got married, his illness got cured etc. So the following expands. Thats it. There are really very few in the crowd who are true seekers but they cannot see if the swami is a realized or enlightened to guide him.

I am so happy and blessed to finally find this forum,feel like kicking myself why did I not find this sooner. I have never found such detailed instructions on kechari mudra before. Even the book on Kriya  yoga just mentions them on the surface and is so disappointing.

So why did i not find this site before, maybe i was not ready, maybe that was how it was supposed to be. But how did I find this site? Through search on the internet. Bingo!

I run a small software company and sell my products online and one thing i am sure now is that no matter how good your product or site be, if you cannot be found on the net, then nobody will know about it.

I believe same could be applied to ayp, increased presence on the web, more exposure to yoga journals and magazines etc will surely get lot of attention of the right people.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 02:24:52 AM »
Hi njethwa, and welcome. [:)]

Yes, the internet offers great opportunities for the recording and sharing of practical spiritual knowledge. It has been the lack of such communication tools that has kept knowledge limited and divided (sectarian) in the past. Those who came before certainly have done the best they could with the tools available, but all too often the result has been "personality cult" rather than open availability of applied knowledge. The cultures of the world are still doing it the old-fashioned way. But times are changing...

There are two shifts going on:

1. Increasing open availability of effective practices for cultivating the natural process of human spiritual transformation. AYP is only one symptom of this trend, which has been emerging and accelerating over the past 100+ years (see Lesson 253).

2. A growing recognition that the center of all spiritual development is found in each and every individual, not outside in a teacher or system of practices, no matter how capable. All spiritual knowledge is a reflection of what exists in each of us. The knowledge is only as good as its ability to enhance the natural process of purification and opening within us. Teachers and systems of practice are for serving the people in this endeavor, which every person is free to undertake according to their own inner spark of awakening (bhakti).

So here we are, with wonderful communications, powerful spiritual tools, and a growing awareness of the role of every human being on the planet being the doorway to the divine.

If you would like to use your technical skills to help make applied spiritual knowledge more visible to the the world-at-large, feel free to do so. Many hands make light work.

Let's do it! [8D]

The guru is in you.

njethwa

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 03:56:10 AM »
Namaste Yogani.

One humble suggestion would be to add a blog section on your site where you and some of the realized and experienced people can post small snippets or detailed articles. I can help set that up, infact setting up is probably just a one click process if your webhosting supports it.

The forum is probably not readily google friendly (all forum software are built that way because of the dynamic nature) so one task after setting up the blog would be to post few lines on the blog with a link back to the forum. Initially this could be a manual effort for all the older posts. But for newer posts, it could be automated.

Making google and other search engine friendly will tremendously increase the traffic and make it available to a large audience.

The blog could be setup on a different domain or as a sub-directory, I prefer a new domain.

Let me know if you like this idea and would like to go forward with it.

I am greatly obliged with only few days of reading and it would add some good karma if i can be of any assistance.

Namaste!

krcqimpro1

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 04:56:40 AM »
Yogani,

Is there a way of "sorting" the members list of AYPers to obtain just their co-ordinates?

Krish

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 05:21:54 AM »
Hi njethwa:

Actually, we are in pretty good shape with Google and the other search engines. Both the forums and the main website (lessons) are continuously site-mapped for Google, and about 50% of all traffic comes through the search engines. For traffic stats and history, see the "traffic" link on the top menu of the main website.

As far as blogging goes, these forums fill that need for many who wish to share and interact on spiritual practices and experiences. It has become a vast knowledge base here, above and beyond the AYP lessons and books, and growing all the time.

Some here have started their own blogs, which can be found under "AYP related" in the links section of the main website. There are also a dozen on-going translations of AYP into other languages, which have spawned spin-off activities on the web.

AYP also has a presence on Facebook (by others), Myspace, and Youtube (very active). Links for those can be found near the bottom of the left border on any page of the website and forums.

Then there is the real-world stuff -- meditation groups, hands-on training, retreats, research, etc., all on the upswing. See the contacts list on the main website, which is in very early stages of formation.

It goes on and on ... as it should.

Everything related to AYP has been evolving from rudimentary to gradually more sophistication. So it goes, with each step leading to the next. Obviously, there is a limit to what I can do here, but there is no limit to what everyone else can do. That is what I encourage, for everyone to reach out as so inclined through their own channels. And keep in touch here, as desired.

As you get your practices into long term stable daily mode, and with inner silence and ecstatic conductivity steadily coming up, doors will open pointing to what can happen next. Then just walk through. It is becoming like water flowing downhill. Stillness in action.... [:)]

The guru is in you.

yogani

• AYP Plus
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Yogani,

Is there a way of "sorting" the members list of AYPers to obtain just their co-ordinates?

Krish

Hi Krish:

By clicking the column top labels on the member list, you can sort by any of them. You won't get more than country that way, and not everyone has country listed, but you can get an idea about who is in India, and contact them through the forum email service.

A good place to start would be to get in touch with those in India who have been active in the forums. Quite a few these days.

India is a big project, one with huge potential for self-directed spiritual practice on a mass scale. It is fitting that knowledge of the practical application of yoga should travel full circle, from east, to west, to east. It's the least we can do, to bring the precious knowledge we have learned to use back to mother. [:)]  

All the best!

The guru is in you.

krcqimpro1

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 06:00:44 AM »
Hi Yogani,

Thanks. Sending emails to each (even active ) member would be too laborious.
 Instead, I thought the easier way(suggested by Carson), perhaps, is posting a msg. on the Satsang forum, which I have just done.
 Let me see the response.
Krish

njethwa

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 02:47:51 AM »
Thanks Yogani. I did not realize the site is so huge with resources and I am glad it has a strong presence. I am like the blind person who tried to gauge an elephant by just touching its trunk :)

Namaste
Nilesh

Rajeev Sethi

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 06:29:46 PM »
Hi, Let's interact and make the India section more active? Any suggestions on how to do it?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:52:32 PM by Rajeev Sethi »