Author Topic: Hindus versus Tibetan awakening  (Read 3937 times)

selfonlypath

• http://www.youtube.com/user/selfonlypath
Hindus versus Tibetan awakening
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2008, 04:49:48 PM »
One of the best biggest kick in my ass I got and really challenged the ego dissolution process I'm going through was by slightly realizing the deep truth of what an alchimist friend told me back in 2004: TOE standing for Theory Of Everything.

This has to do with non-duality awareness along with realizing any path or system will take us ultimately to self-realization. Any method will just provide a purification vehicle so one can jump safely into non-duality awareness while still living on earth.

The safety comes from a mixture of correct speed and karma dissolving efficiency for a given individual along with being blessed to attract the best method for us which might not be the best method for someone else.

The major problem is attaching to the awakening method which is just a story telling: the Mind trying to describe the Nature of the Mind experience. Ego trying to describe the method to dissolve ego which is a trap preventing Self-Realization. A catch 22 situation that only a few authentic masters have resolved.

For example, authentic shamanism is just an anthropomorphizing of the experience and one should be careful to first fully integrate the culture who create this cosmology (i.e. Ayahuasca and serpents are both commonly found in amazonia but not in cities) otherwise this might become a hell or a quick path to a mental hospital.

Albert

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 06:28:59 PM by selfonlypath »

yogibear

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 12:06:44 AM »
Hi emc,

quote:
emc worte:

"Who is cultivating it?"

Yogibear, this question was what triggered this post in me, it was driving me crazy(!):

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3148

So I'm so glad to see Yogani's response here:
"There is only One. Yet, perceptions change within the One as our vehicle of awareness (the nervous system) purifies and opens."

Different perceptions in different vehicles of awareness... Beautiful!

Thanks for the link, emc.

Have a great day, yb.

hopeless meditator

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 03:02:53 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tallis

Exactly: I've read the same thing in numerous Indian/Hindu sources regarding sushumna corresponding to the central canal of the spinal cord.

Recently I've been reading about Tibetan practices in The Bliss of Inner Fire by Lama Yeshe and Clear Light of Bliss by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.  (By the way, thanks, Kadak, for refering to the latter in your earlier post - it's a great book.)  In both works it's clearly stated that the central channel is located in front of but does not touch the spinal column.  According to Tibetan practice, what is the role of sushumna then?

I have two more questions:

(1) Both books clearly state that the central channel moves up through the body to the throat chakra, then the crown chakra and then follows the skull forward to the third eye.  This also diverges from the AYP perspective of sushumna.  (It seems more closely related to the kriya version of spinal breathing that I know of.)  What is going on here?

(2) Tibetan practices of Tummo also rely on the left and right channels.  These seem to correspond to ida and pingala, especially in that when the two side channels are operative the central channel is dormant and vice versa.  The left and right channels, however, do not criss-cross from side to side of the body as they pass each chakra, in the way that ida and pingala do.  They wrap around each chakra, forming a knot, but (unless I am mistaken) the right channel always remains on the right side of the body, whereas the left channel remains always on the left.

Can anyone clear up these issues?
Thanks!

Does anyone know whether the left and right channels can become reversed?  If so, under what circs , and what would be the reasons for this?

yogibear

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »
Hi emc,

Thanks again for the great link.

quote:
emc wrote:

Who is waking up?

Not the mind, since the mind can NEVER wake up, it's not designed for that.
Not the body, since body and mind are compatible and the very same.
Not the ONE universal consciuosness that is eternally aware and enlightened allready.

Who is waking up? Who is making the choice to continue with practices? Who has the choice to stay true or fall asleep again? Some kind of "individual consciousness" that is widening until it reaches a state of eternal oneness. But who is it? Who am "I" that is still believing the stories of my mind? Who is getting rid of the mud? That's what's baking my noodles at the moment.

quote:
yb wrote:

Who is cultivating it?

For me emc, the answer to both questions is quite simple: I am. And I am me.

Maybe it is just laziness on my part. [8D]

Have a great day, yb.

emc

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 01:57:33 AM »
You're welcome, Yogibear!

I have come to the conclusion that I stay with the question "Who am I?" and don't even try to find an answer. [:)] The important thing is to keep questioning the Unknown.