Author Topic: Short electrical buzz  (Read 1097 times)

atena

Short electrical buzz
« on: July 15, 2007, 08:13:24 PM »
Hello!

I felt short, less than 1 second electrical buzz in my head while I was resting after the AYP practice.
(10min. spinal breath, 20min meditation and some samyama.)

I don't know what to think about it because I don't have much experience on this kind of things.

Btw, Yogani thank you for great practice! (if you read this)
Your words are inspiring and your faith in the practice is catchy.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Short electrical buzz
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 11:38:49 PM »
Hi Atena,
Sounds like kundalini buzz.
It's a good thing.[:)]
Since you said you just felt it once and it does not seem like it caused you any discomfort during or after practice (during the day), keep going with what you are doing. If however, the buzz increases or makes you uncomfortable, keep self pacing in mind.
You can get a bit more info, and topic/lesson links that may help, in the Yoga FAQ topic Energy - Excess Kundalini Symptoms?

atena

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:43:30 AM »
I'm  afraid of bad kundalini experience or something. I don't know how to deal it, should I keep doing the practices or what.

I need to get past this but I don't know how.
Last night it took some time to fall a sleep because I was a bit afraid that something would happen.

I have feelings of warmth and cold moving in my body and some other different symptoms (something happening at pernium - tailbone area).

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Short electrical buzz
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 03:38:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by atena

I'm  afraid of bad kundalini experience or something. I don't know how to deal it, should I keep doing the practices or what.

I need to get past this but I don't know how.
Last night it took some time to fall a sleep because I was a bit afraid that something would happen.

I have feelings of warmth and cold moving in my body and some other different symptoms (something happening at pernium - tailbone area).

Hi Atena,
I think you are doing fine.

Do you have any other symptoms, other than that buzz in your head and the warm and cold movements in your body? (both of these symptoms are signs of energy moving.. which is a very good thing.. people work for years and don't feel this).

Excess kundalini is a scary thing I agree, but there is no reason to fear a gradual awakening of kundalini.

Don't let fear of what may happen stop you from your practice.. and yet, if the symptoms you are feeling make you uncomfortable during practice or during the day.. self pacing will help.

So if you feel, the hot and cold currents are making you uncomfortable, or the buzzing in you head is making you uncomfortable and/or are happening very often.. or the feelings in your tailbone area make you uncomfortable.. you can cut back on your practice time (self pace).

You are doing 10 min Spinal breathing and 20 min Meditation + samyama.
So maybe you could cut back spinal breathing to 5 min and meditation to 15 min.. drop samyama (??).. cut back on it.... You will have to decide for yourself what feels comfortable. Each person is wired differently.. so you need to find your own comfort zone.

I hope this helps.
.. And whenever in doubt, please feel free to ask questions here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:39:51 AM by Shanti »

gentlep

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:24:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

You are doing 10 min Spinal breathing and 20 min Meditation + samyama.
So maybe you could cut back spinal breathing to 5 min and meditation to 15 min.. drop samyama (??).. cut back on it....

I don't have similar experience to speak about but from what I read in ayp isn't the spinal breathing for kundalini and meditation for inner silence. In other words meditation doesn't give rise to kundalini symptoms, correct? I was just confused as to why you were suggesting to cut back on meditation.

atena

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 05:38:53 PM »
Very good question Gentlep, I'd love to get the answer for that one.

emc

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 08:01:34 PM »
I'll give it a try to explain from my point of understanding. It is recommended, though, that you read the lessons. Much is explained in them!

The thing is, they contaminate and fuel each other! =) There are no clear cut borders in this, but a lot of grey areas, overlapping and opposites uniting! [:D] I see it like this: Meditation cultivates inner silence, which works like a broom, cleaning the house for us, dissolving the emotional and mental blockages we have. Why? Well... it's sort of clearing up the pathways for: *tadam* Kundalini to be able to flow, cultivating ecstacy, then the house is feng shui'd and ready for their marriage!

All kinds of engaging in spiritual practices, even reading spiritual literature - including this web site! - increases the energies flowing! Mantra meditation definitely gets the energies going!

The spinal breathing is not solely for kundalini. That's a misinterpretation. Spinal breathing balances both energies, helping them to meet and marry! This is from lesson 69 (recommended reading).

quote:
The metaphorical mythology of kundalini describes a union between
Shakti (a name for kundalini in motion) and Shiva (pure bliss
consciousness). As you know, Shakti starts out near the base of the
spine in the huge storehouse of prana there, i.e., sexual energy. In
the mythology, Shiva is located at the top of the head. So the way it
is described is Shakti awakens, goes up through all the chakras until
she reaches the top of the head, and there she finds union with Shiva
who is waiting there for her. He is just hanging out there doing
nothing, you know. They make love and nectar overflows downward,
enlightening the practitioner. Very romantic, isn't it? Especially
for Shiva, who sits up there doing nothing while Shakti fights her
way upward (through your nervous system!) to find him.

While it looks great on paper, this scenario does not work very well.
In practice, most of the time this approach is a flop because it
assumes that Shakti will do all the work, and find Shiva at the
crown. She will sure try, and tear up your nervous system in the
process. Hence the excessive kundalini symptoms. Things can get so
uncomfortable that practices can't continue, and then it goes into a
long slow burn from then on.

The answer to this is to get Shiva off his butt and doing something.
He has to get off his lofty perch and "get down" with Shakti wherever
she may be in the body, which is everywhere once she is awake and
coming up. While their union may finally end up somewhere "up there,"
Shiva and Shakti must be brought together everywhere in the body
first. If this is done, some craziness may still be there, but it
will be the craziness of the ecstatic union of Shiva and Shakti going
on in every nerve and cell in the body, rather than the blistering
chaos of Shakti's energy alone burning through everything it meets,
all of which is in your body. In short, which do you prefer, ecstasy
or agony?

This is why spinal breathing is the first recommendation. It directly
activates both masculine and feminine energies, and it brings them
together in a balanced way. The ascending breath brings Shakti to
Shiva, and the descending breath brings Shiva to Shakti. It is a
balanced relationship. Then, in union, they go out together to every
nerve and cell in the body.

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Short electrical buzz
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 11:34:21 PM »
I had never done any pranayama or even heard of it for that matter when I had a kundalini opening a couple years back. All I was doing was some guided meditations at the time.

That said, pranayama will greatly increase the rate in which you clear yourself out and bring a person to the point of inner energy openings far more quickly than with meditation alone.

A

atena

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 05:25:53 AM »
After the buzz I have started to feel strong pressure about the area between my eyebrows. Is there anything I can do to ease it?
The pressure is quite strong now.

I have stopped doing pranayama, I'm only doing 20 minutes of meditation twice a day.

Kyman

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 08:37:12 AM »
Energy will pass through our anatomy, which is organic and free flowing throughout the body.  Nothing is out of bounds.  There will be cloudy breezy sensations and others that feel like you are funneling a large body of energy into a tiny channel.  Some things will feel like melting, others are warm or cool as you already mentioned.  Floating is definitely a sensation one can get at times.  There have been only a few times where these sensations were ever disturbing.  Usually there is anxiety around them more than pain.

What hurts more I think is when we begin conditioning the body to hold new positions and we must change our gross matter.  The ecstatic buzz, numbness, or tingling I've always experienced, while pronounced much of the time, is rarely painful.  Usually it is pleasurable, and acts a field through which I can discern the inner state or shape of my body.  The sensations are giving the mind a reading or scan, which plays a great role in my overall process or purification.  The mind and body are creating there own language, awareness or concentration facilitates this interface.

So having fear around a sensation can create an obsessive concentration around the area of the body that produces it.  I experience massive symptoms in the head and lower back as much of my life experiences were stored in these areas.  Concentration draws energy to the place, inducing tons of activity.  If it isn't painful, or disturbing to your intuition, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I remember the first time I felt my heart with my inner perception.  It skipped a few beats and beads of sweat instantly ran down my brow and underarms.  This  was years ago in the beginning stages, where the awareness is investigating its environment/body.  The adrenaline felt like a massive wave hitting me, heat seemed to explode from within.  Now the energy inside the chest can literally move me around and twist my body into different positions and I find there is nothing to fear, the body is just trying to fulfill its potential by exploring the complete range of its capacity.  

tadeas

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 04:59:00 AM »
Thanks for this thread, I've experienced in the last 3 sessions exactly what atena described.
Do you know more precisely what the "electrical buzz" is caused by? Is it something like a short-circuit happening in the head?

atena

Short electrical buzz
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 11:15:17 AM »
I think it is just release of inner obstruction(s).

Never happened to me after that one I mentioned, or maybe they happen when I'm a sleep and they become part of my dreams, not sure (a lot of thunders in my dreams lately), but it is OK.