Author Topic: Mine and Yours  (Read 612 times)

lalow33

Mine and Yours
« on: February 20, 2014, 04:17:37 AM »
I'm putting this posts here, not sure it belongs, but it's where I'm coming from.  Lots of energy experiences with awareness peeking through here and there.

Over past 4-5 months, I've had numerous experiences that I can't claim to be all mine.  Now, I've been reactive to the experiences like they were all mine.  Examples would be: feeling others' emotions, others' physical pain, co-mingling energy, shared dreams.  I'm not sure how deep this goes.  Maybe it's been going on the whole time, and I just didn't realize it?

I don't want to get into denial(not mine or extreme neti neti),but I don't think I have to take everything so personally and be reactive because I honestly do not know what's going on.

Anima

Mine and Yours
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »
Hi lalow, good to see you again [:)]

It sounds like openings. None of us really know the "why." Not in a sentential way, at least. It's natural and always moving, as is our mind's interpretation. Personally, I've found cutting back and relaxing extremely helpful.

Love, Peace, Unity

AumNaturel

Mine and Yours
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »
You would know best at this point what it could be and where it's originating from. I would definitely explore it more (outside of your regular practices) if there's extra time available, since it should help uncover whatever latent potential that's there.

This also means learning to tune out whenever the situation may not be in your best interests. This is again one of those intuitive things that don't fit into an easy framework of thought, like Anima Deorum is saying as well. I have found to some extent that whatever is attended to, and the exact way it is taken into deeper consideration, tends to enhance it in that specific way.

I am quite sure the self-inquiry aspect will fall into place on its own. If it is an expansion like that promoted by the inner sensuality sutra, and pratyahara introversion of the senses, I regard that as most valuable.

Looking back at lesson 359 confirms this with a wonderful quote: "As we become the immovable witness, while at the same time coming to know sensory experiences as ecstatic (kundalini aspect), then we find ourselves more naturally inclined to engage in "relational" (in stillness) self-inquiry. That is where the "withdrawal of attachment to sensory perceptions" comes in and we can gain real experiential traction, beyond the imaginings of the mind."

lalow33

Mine and Yours
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Hi lalow, good to see you again [:)]

It sounds like openings. None of us really know the "why." Not in a sentential way, at least. It's natural and always moving, as is our mind's interpretation. Personally, I've found cutting back and relaxing extremely helpful.

Love, Peace, Unity

Yes, sometimes I'm a fly on the wall.[:I]

These openings are all new to me.  They don't fit into my world view, dang it![:)]

lalow33

Mine and Yours
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

You would know best at this point what it could be and where it's originating from. I would definitely explore it more (outside of your regular practices) if there's extra time available, since it should help uncover whatever latent potential that's there.

This also means learning to tune out whenever the situation may not be in your best interests. This is again one of those intuitive things that don't fit into an easy framework of thought, like Anima Deorum is saying as well. I have found to some extent that whatever is attended to, and the exact way it is taken into deeper consideration, tends to enhance it in that specific way.

I am quite sure the self-inquiry aspect will fall into place on its own. If it is an expansion like that promoted by the inner sensuality sutra, and pratyahara introversion of the senses, I regard that as most valuable.

Looking back at lesson 359 confirms this with a wonderful quote: "As we become the immovable witness, while at the same time coming to know sensory experiences as ecstatic (kundalini aspect), then we find ourselves more naturally inclined to engage in "relational" (in stillness) self-inquiry. That is where the "withdrawal of attachment to sensory perceptions" comes in and we can gain real experiential traction, beyond the imaginings of the mind."

Thanks, Aum!
The only thing I'm interested in are the dreams.  I would like for the other energy interactions to stop, but I'm not able to choose right now.