Author Topic: How to speed things up?  (Read 1072 times)

Crystalcat

How to speed things up?
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:59 AM »
How to speed up the awakening?

I right now do 15 min spinal breathing, 3-4 YMK and then 20 min meditation.

Brahmacharya, eating in moderation, trying to balance life, making myself happy etc.

But what more? Asanas?

I basically want to release it all. The one thing i've noticed is when I express myself more truly, i get more energy.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:45:51 AM by Crystalcat »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
How to speed things up?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:49 AM »
Hi Crystalcat,

What do you do by way of mudras and bandhas? Do you practice samyama?

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
How to speed things up?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Crystalcat

How to speed up the awakening?

Hi Crystalcat,

Having asked myself this question a fukinzillion times in the past, if I were to today give myself back then some advice, it would be to take a really close look at why I wanted to speed up "the awakening."  What was I trying to get away from?  And then I would tell myself to run straight into whatever I was trying to escape... to sit in it, to look it right in the eye, and to embrace it with my whole being.  

I have no idea if this advice is relevant for you or not, but I thought it was a neat exercise to give my past self advice had it asked my current self this question. [:)]

Love,
Carson [^]

Crystalcat

How to speed things up?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »
Hello. :)
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZiWhat was I trying to get away from?  And then I would tell myself to run straight into whatever I was trying to escape... to sit in it, to look it right in the eye, and to embrace it with my whole being.

It is very relevant, and I'm working on it. Thanks, it is a valuable comment.

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Mulabandha, samadhi. No samyama. I was into it a while ago but it started feel like boring work so i cut it off.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:24:14 PM by Crystalcat »

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
How to speed things up?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:32:54 PM »
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Mulabandha, samadhi. No samyama. I was into it a while ago but it started feel like boring work so i cut it off.

Hi Crystalcat,

I take it you mean "sambhavi" rather than "samadhi" ? If you were entering samadhi every day you would hardly be asking what the next step was! [:)]

So, yes, I would say the next step in terms of developing your practice would be to add some more aspects in a controlled and gentle way, one at a time, leaving a few weeks (or months) between adding each one to let things settle in. Just off the top of my head I would say the next steps would be: Asana practice, siddhasana, spinal bastrika and dynamic jalandhara.

If you were finding samyama boring, that could be an indication that you have not yet developed sufficient inner silence for the practice to be effective. So that could also be a sign to increase your meditation time to allow for more peace and stillness to be cultivated each day. When the mind is silent and the inner senses are open, samyama becomes a very interesting practice.

Christi

Crystalcat

How to speed things up?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:02 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ChristiI take it you mean "sambhavi" rather than "samadhi" ? If you were entering samadhi every day you would hardly be asking what the next step was! [:)]
Yes, that's right. :)

quote:
Originally posted by ChristiJust off the top of my head I would say the next steps would be: Asana practice, siddhasana, spinal bastrika and dynamic jalandhara.
I guess it will be something like that.

Also Carzons advice with facing "life-wise" blockages.

And you're probably right with the samyama-thing.

Thanks for your replies. It's quite obvious, but still easier to see when somebody else points it out.

Best wishes,

Cc

Crystalcat

How to speed things up?
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:58:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ChristiIf you were finding samyama boring, that could be an indication that you have not yet developed sufficient inner silence for the practice to be effective.
This principle here I find quite general.

It is trying to jump 2m high when the body is still trained for like 1,60.

Not going to work. So one therefore babysteps to 1,65 -> 1,69 -> 1,73 and so on, up to the desired height.

One can use it in everything, like physical training, going through with a project, and so on.

Bodhi Tree

• http://www.codyrickett.com
How to speed things up?
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:34:22 PM »
Karma yoga.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
How to speed things up?
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
Devotion to your highest ideal (bhakti) during the day is very powerful for speeding things up. You will probably have to self pace after doing this for a while.

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=2118
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:28:23 PM by Etherfish »

Vasuki_Natarajan

How to speed things up?
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
Hello everyone, I just joined this site and wanted to weigh in on Crystalcat's original post.

Generally speaking, I think that the quickest way to speed up the awakening of Kundalini shakti is through either more intense concentration or meditating for longer periods of time. A good way to meditate more effectively if you don't have a lot of extra time to spare for longer meditation sessions is by doing lots and lots of trataka. I've found that in my own practice, trataka has been the most effective way to reduce stray thoughts both during and outside of meditation, and that after a good amount of trataka practice my meditation sessions become exponentially more intense.

Another very powerful technique you may or may not be making extensive use of is kumbhaka, or breath retention. When we are very concentrated on something we naturally hold our breath, and we can take advantage of that in meditation too. Our thoughts are intimately connected with our prana. By stilling prana we can drastically reduce and finally stop the thinking process entirely. Even though kumbhaka and trataka are very basic techniques, they are very powerful and should not be overlooked.

Of course, without knowing the details of either your practice or your personality it's tough to say what would be the most effective for you, but for most people I'm certain that what I've said would be helpful.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:24:25 PM by Vasuki_Natarajan »