Author Topic: Headaches & Head Imbalances  (Read 2157 times)

jonesboy

• http://community.livingunbound.net/
Headaches & Head Imbalances
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 02:26:45 AM »
Josh,

I just bought the Presense Process and I am getting ready to start it. My question is about the meditation in the book. I have not read far enough but would you think it would be ok to replace the breath meditation in the book with AYP for the formal sitting practice? I just don't want to confuse two systems and overload.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:45:54 AM by jonesboy »

mr_anderson

• http://thejoyofdying.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 05:53:21 AM »
Hi Jonesboy,

The breathing method in the Presence Process is not comparable to AYP's Deep Meditation. I'd go so far as to say that they are each for very different purposes, and each has very different effects.

If you wish to complete the Presence Process effectively, I suggest staying with Michael Brown's proscribed practice, and leaving AYP for that time.

If you are an under-sensitive meditator, you could do both, but I'd recommend one or the other. Part of the Presence Process involves using Consciously Connected Breathing during the day whilst taking part in our daily activities, and through several sessions of warm baths.

Without the 70 day course of consciously connected breathing, both for 15 minutes twice daily of sitting practice, and whilst remaining aware during the day, there isn't really a Presence Process - just rather a lot of unproven information about emotions.

With the 70 day course of breathing practice, what follows is one of the only valid (and unbelievably rapid) transformational methods I'm aware of for slicing away the emotional obstructions, the addiction to thinking and the grasping / resisting, that obscure the direct experience of our true nature as Sat-Chit-Ananda.

Best wishes on your experience!

[3]

Josh
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:54:32 AM by mr_anderson »

jonesboy

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 07:36:13 AM »
Wow, Thank you Josh. Your posts are always so informative. I hope your classes are getting bigger becuase you do have a lot to offer. If you are ever in the Phoenix area please let me know :)

mr_anderson

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
Thanks! I'd love to stop by, and may well do so!

ak33

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
Hi Josh, I have a similar situation as yours. I've done AYP DM for 6 months, but the intense pressures in the third eye area stopped me from practicing even for 5 mins. I tried solar centering, but that didn't work either. For now I am doing the presence process with consciously connected breathing, which is good for me. I'm just worried I can never go back to AYP.

jonesboy

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 01:14:09 AM »
Breath meditation may be best for you. Yogani's method of breath meditation is different than the TPP method. I have found the breath meditation in TPP to give me more energy ( having trouble getting to sleep) and a lot more crown activity. The pressure in Ajna seems to be more spread out for me also.

parvati9

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 01:50:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

Hi Jonesboy,

The breathing method in the Presence Process is not comparable to AYP's Deep Meditation. I'd go so far as to say that they are each for very different purposes, and each has very different effects.

If you wish to complete the Presence Process effectively, I suggest staying with Michael Brown's proscribed practice, and leaving AYP for that time.

If you are an under-sensitive meditator, you could do both, but I'd recommend one or the other. Part of the Presence Process involves using Consciously Connected Breathing during the day whilst taking part in our daily activities, and through several sessions of warm baths.

Without the 70 day course of consciously connected breathing, both for 15 minutes twice daily of sitting practice, and whilst remaining aware during the day, there isn't really a Presence Process - just rather a lot of unproven information about emotions.

With the 70 day course of breathing practice, what follows is one of the only valid (and unbelievably rapid) transformational methods I'm aware of for slicing away the emotional obstructions, the addiction to thinking and the grasping / resisting, that obscure the direct experience of our true nature as Sat-Chit-Ananda.

Best wishes on your experience!

[3]

Josh

Hi Mr A

Your comments on TPP are much appreciated and also feedback from others is valued.  Michael Brown is brilliant and TPP is amazing.  The problem I'm having, if you recall, is with the sitting meditation and explicitly following his instructions.  I'm extremely sensitive and even breath meditation tends to produce significant overload.

However the TPP meditation suits me better than any other sitting meditation attempted, so am sticking with it even though only up to 5-6 minutes once or twice daily now.  At first only 3-4 minutes a sitting could be managed.  May have to settle with 10 minutes 3x rather than 15 minutes 2x.  We'll see how it goes.  

All I can manage is slow progress, but if and when I get up to 10-12 minutes per sitting, the course will be tried, while simultaenously increasing meditation time by a minute every other week or so if possible.   Am very busy now but in the near future plan on reading it again.  Just having the book and carefully studying it helped me immensely.  So I can imagine how much transmutation will occur when finally able to do the course.

You've inspired several of us to do the course, or in my case being highly motivated to do so.   I'm confident it's just a matter of time before it can be accomplished here.  Thanks again.

love
parvati

ak33

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 03:19:56 AM »
I agree with parvati, thank you for your comments on TPP. I'm only in week one and am already beginning to see some positive effects.

mr_anderson

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 03:35:35 AM »
Dear Parvati - Very best wishes on your journey if you do do it, and I'm glad the TPP meditation works for you. I find it extremely useful at times. I'm very pleased that you were inspired and that also you found the course useful.

AK33 - I would not be too concerned with whether or not you can go back to AYP. By all means try. I have certainly tried, tried and tried again :-) But whatever is happening in your practices, whilst it may not align with your personal will, it is most certainly the will of That, the Self, of God, or whatever conceptual label you may prefer to use for The One, which encompasses, and is all. There is only one prayer we really need: Thy (not my) Will Be Done. Overload is often a sign of a ripe and sensitive nervous system, and an indicator to back-off on practices. Everything happens in its right time.

Don't identify with the impulse, which comes from the ego, which is this desperate tendency to drive oneself too hard, with the belief that "If I only practice right/hard enough, I'll get there".
This belief needs to be questioned. One of the best pre-requisites for Self-Realization is a highly open, alert, clear, dynamic, flexible and curious mind that will question everything (including whether or not practices are really being helpful at this point). This mind and questioning process must be Sattvic (grounded in peace and silence, having a soft/gentle/harmonious approach to inquiry) as result of having undergone considerable purification through methods like AYP, The Presence Process, and right diet (I find abstaining from intoxicants, having a lot of raw foods and green juices and leaning towards being Vegan/Vegetarian immensely helpful).

If having taken some "time off" from spiritual practices, allowing the overload to calm down, yet you find you are still unable to go back, it's just a sign that more subtle tools are required for your nervous system. This is a theme frequently encountered by practitioners here, it seems. For example, in Carson's recent post in the Jnana/Advaita section, he refers to the fact that he is unable to do anything other than simply sitting in silence.

This is much the case with me also. But far from being an obstacle, it's a blessing. Our intense bhakti & practices have ripened the nervous system, and the energy has built up to the level where we are quite literally FORCED INTO SURRENDER. I discovered this yesterday.

I was overloading even from just spending a few minutes sitting in silence. Or even listening to an MP3 of Adyashanti talking would send me into overload. I just could not do anything spiritual at all. I went into a beautiful huge Cathedral/Church on the lower east side, and kneeling at the bench, I just surrendered. The personal will was desperately trying to regain previously experienced freedom of residing as the Self. The personal will was incapable of achieving this. Frustrated to point of absolute Surrender, I just offered up the personal will saying "Father, THY, not MY, will be done."

This morning when I awoke, identification had just gone altogether, and once again realized my true nature as the empty, formless, blissful, awareness within which all forms arise and disappear. All sense of the body-mind being "me" was gone. Total freedom from suffering, freedom from identification.

The ego does its bit. It longs intensely for its own dissolution into the Self, and it practices intensely to achieve its purpose. But the ego or practices don't actually take one to enlightenment. Practices help ripen the nervous system to receive grace and the ego actually gets forced into surrender by the very frustration of its desire for the Self. So don't regard overload symptoms as a problem, they are a sign that you've done all you can as an ego, and you need to hand over the reigns to grace.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:58:24 AM by mr_anderson »

jonesboy

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 01:56:46 AM »
Josh,

Your progress over the last few weeks has been very inspiring [3]

May I make a request of you to create a thread in the books sections on TPP so that your insight an others may not get lost within this thread. I am only on week two which I think so far has been pretty eye opening but I am still far from being able to give the process a proper review unlike yourself.

BillinL.A.

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:15 AM »
I'm starting TPP and would be grateful for a thread on it but you give tons already Mr. Anderson and its fine finding your posts where ever they are.[3]

And Mr. Anderson I've got to keep this comment of yours from above in my mind instead of freaking out:[xx(]

"So don't regard overload symptoms as a problem, they are a sign that you've done all you can as an ego, and you need to hand over the reigns to grace."

lalow33

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 07:05:13 AM »
Hello Mr. Anderson,

I was wondering how your body reacts to having attention below the navel during meditation.  I'm still doing I AM meditation (5 min) but since I've moved my attention, uddiyana bandha is so tight that it's hard to breathe.

jean

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »
The shaking practice from Qigong is helping me a great deal to get the energy out of the head. Also it's a great practice to loosen up the muscle tension in the body to prepare it for meditation.