Author Topic: A True Believer  (Read 956 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
A True Believer
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »
“None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.” prophet muhammad

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
A True Believer
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
Sweet! [3]
The other day I realized, in order to accept someone exactly as they are, don't  see them as Krshna making them do what they are doing to show us something (Lila), accept them as Krishna himself. When we believe something in our life is brought about because the divine wants it that way, we surrender to the divine, when we see each actor and actress is the diivine themselves, then there is true acceptance of all as our brothers and sisters and us... surrender to all as the Divine.
We don't get mad at Krishna when when he does not bring about things in our life as we want it, but we do get mad a people when they don't give us what we want... when we see them as Krishna, then it all seems right.[/\]

rce

A True Believer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
Shanti, that is wonderful, thanks.  And Ananda, what a insightful topic.

Ananda

A True Believer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
Beautiful dear shantiji[:)]

kami

A True Believer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:31:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Sweet! [3]
The other day I realized, in order to accept someone exactly as they are, don't  see them as Krshna making them do what they are doing to show us something (Lila), accept them as Krishna himself. When we believe something in our life is brought about because the divine wants it that way, we surrender to the divine, when we see each actor and actress is the diivine themselves, then there is true acceptance of all as our brothers and sisters and us... surrender to all as the Divine.
We don't get mad at Krishna when when he does not bring about things in our life as we want it, but we do get mad a people when they don't give us what we want... when we see them as Krishna, then it all seems right.[/\]

Yes yes!

Ram Dass talks about a lady shaking her fist in road rage saying, "Lord, what a strange incarnation you have there!"[:D]

It's all about letting go of control, isn't it? We are so much like student drivers who forget that the instructor is really in control of the car.

One of the most beloved stories of the Bhagavatam is that of the churning of the ocean: Krishna agrees to "help" the devas when they approach him after being defeated by the asuras. He asks the two parties to churn the ocean for the nectar of immortality. The party that gets this could then permanently defeat the other. When the day comes, Krishna picks the ocean, gets the mountain ready, gets the great snake king Vasuki to agree to act as the rope, becomes the turtle that stabilizes the mountain, and "grows his arms" sitting atop the mountain, doing the actual churning on both sides. He then takes the form of everything that arises from the churning, including Dhanvantari bearing the nectar and Mohini, the bewitching damsel that tricks the asuras by distributing all of the nectar to the devas (except one asura, but that's another story). He brings about the war between them and has the devas win. He is of course, the essence of the devas, the asuras and everything else..

The whole time, the devas and asuras think they are the ones that did it all.[:)]

He is Brahman and the Lila, all of the Lila - the actors, the plot, the outcome.. And even the actors thinking they are in control. All is Him.

[3]

Shanti

A True Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 12:39:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Ram Dass talks about a lady shaking her fist in road rage saying, "Lord, what a strange incarnation you have there!"[:D]

[3]

[:D]
Love it! Love it! Love it!
[3]
quote:
Originally posted by kami

It's all about letting go of control, isn't it? We are so much like student drivers who forget that the instructor is really in control of the car.

[3]

Yes!!!!! [/\]

maheswari

A True Believer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
@kami..I loved this story abt the lady
[3]

Namath

A True Believer
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
Love you Shanti and Kami,

Can I be honest over here!You all have a mind set just like the rest of the world.A spiritual concept that you have adopted and now totally believe it's the truth.

p.s: I'm not only speaking about this post.

Salam.

Vimala

A True Believer
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »
So, I hope to become a true believer someday...

I have a loooong way to go. All teachings are welcome!! [:)][3]

Shanti

A True Believer
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 11:29:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Can I be honest over here!You all have a mind set just like the rest of the world.A spiritual concept that you have adopted and now totally believe it's the truth.

Salam.

Love you too Namath[3]
[:)]
Thanks for pointing this out. Being outside, it is easy to judge someone on what you think they are caught up in. But based on a few words you read form anyone, you cannot judge what they are caught up in and what they are not. Words are spoken from the speakers filters and accepted through the person who is reading, their filter. Plus being an electronic medium, we miss the touch that the voice adds, we add a voice from memory or imagination to the words we read and think something is being spoken in a certain tone, when it may be in a complete opposite tone. So what you think I am caught up in may or maynot be what you think I am caught up in. [:D]

Also, there is nothing wrong in believing in something as long as we stay open to accepting change as it comes along. I cannot speak for anyone else, but what I know changes everyday, so I stopped believing in "something" long back....  

But I always appreciate someone pointing things out, it helps me look into myself some more.
[/\]

Namath

A True Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 11:47:09 PM »

[/\]

kami

A True Believer
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Salam.

Love you Namath [3]

It is quite possible that it may be mere belief in a concept. And if I were reading my words as you or anyone else, for sure it would seem that way. So no worries. What I know to be "true" shifts from moment to moment these days. So much so that I come back and read what I wrote even the day before and wonder what that was all about.[:D]  

Yet there is one interesting phenomenon that I've seen time and time again with regard to the topic of this thread. It is blatantly obvious that:
Belief that "I" am in control = suffering.
Giving up the notion of control, "I-ness" and "my-ness" = no suffering.

Then the obvious question is - if "I" am not in control, who is? When I rest in the pre-thought awareness of this question, there is no need for an answer. This need dissolves as well. If I let my heart-mind answer, the answer is Krishna. Why Krishna? No idea. I didn't choose Him.. He showed up one day and has been busy "cleaning house" since then, taking away all semblance of control, and showing me again and again who's boss.[:D]

Essentially, it is the limitation of the mind and language that results in what you are describing as cliches. And so they are, because how can words be used to describe what it is like to give up control and hand it over?

[3][3]

Namath

A True Believer
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 05:37:27 AM »
Hey Kami,

I've been disagreeing a lot with Shanti lately...It seems even if she remains silent,I'll disagree as well [:)]

I truly don't understand who I am anymore.Why I'm responding to her Love that way ,I'm not able to understand.I don't know you but I appreciate your support and love in my  previous posts & hold gratitude towards your person.

My reaction to you mentioning "Krishna " and Ananda mentioning "True believer" comes from personal experiences.As lately,an experience comes and go where I zoom out from my surrounding and everything & everyone seems like a ball of energies interacting.I'll be all alone where Allah left me...no Krishna,no Allah,no believer...nobody.So it all values nothing anymore.

what a joke!

My identity has been shaken & this has created lot of unpleasant outbursts from my side.

I'm grateful for the beautiful souls that are offering unconditional love including my family.They must be saints to live with an individual like me.

(((<3)))

jeff

A True Believer
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 06:17:03 AM »
Hi Namath,

[:)][3][/\]

Ananda

A True Believer
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 06:27:29 AM »
[3] Dear namath just keep it simple and take it easy. Zoom out... I tend to take this stuff too serious as well. It's all about loving acceptance nothing more. Maybe accepting or taking in what we dislike as well.. Namaste[/\]