Author Topic: Can an awaken Kundalini kill you? I'm scared help  (Read 3234 times)

Goodway

Can an awaken Kundalini kill you? I'm scared help
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by NJL

quote:
Originally posted by digofarias

Thank you guys!

Any advice given your experience? :)

quote:
Originally posted by Goodway

As a person that has just recently tamed a 17 year spontaneous Kundalini awakening, I'd be careful.  My experience, which has been outside the Yogic world, is that taming the energy, on one's own, is one of the most difficult feats known.  I am not joking nor am I trying to draw attention to myself.

If you actually awaken it, well --- yes, it will likely destroy what you have come to know as "life."  

Returning to the Self after an [spontaneous] awakening takes a whole lot of goodness, faith, strength, and love for God and Goddess.

I say these things in a somewhat general sense because I do not know how the Yogic world deals with such things.

My advice would boil down to patience.

I had a spontaneous awakening, so using Holy's great analogy of the water, my "pipes" weren't at all ready for the water flowing through them. Shakti did all sorts of housecleaning, but regardless of practices, Shiva was nowhere to be found. It was only a matter of time, however, before he appeared, and then things began to even out. It just required a lot of patience on my part, in this case, several years.

Of course, if you employ a "good" yoga practice, you'll get that equilibrium more quickly. However, everyone's case is so different, it's nearly impossible to apply universal rules to individual situations.

All human situations are individual situations.  To lose sight of this is to treat lovers like meat.  :)