Author Topic: Energy and self pacing  (Read 567 times)

k123

Energy and self pacing
« on: October 24, 2012, 04:37:13 AM »
I feel as if I am coming to understand my own particular practice needs a bit better with self pacing. I had always rested after DM, but what really seems to help is to rest and to really consciously inhabit my body. I feel as if sometimes I inhabit my body and head too high up, if that makes sense. Recently I have allowed my awareness to rest lower, more at level between my ears and this seems to bring all of the energy down.  Also letting my awareness rest easily in the throat area seems very effective.

I feel a lot of shifting around of energy after meditation. It is as if it is pushing through my body, it feels as if it is radiating somehow. The resting seems to be able to tip the feeling from one of prickly unpleasantness to a kind of radiance. It is difficult to put into words. At the moment I am able to do DM about 5 to 6 times a week, which is much better than some other times. However I am still only able to do a few rounds of SBP and about 3 to 5 mins DM. The rest of the time I either sit silently or focus on the breath.

Another thing that seems to help is to just notice resistance to the discomfort of any overload, rather than adding to it by reacting against it.

It is fascinating to learn how to manage all of this, I really felt at the mercy of overload symptoms before, but that is all changing slowly

karl

Energy and self pacing
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:42:50 AM »
Nice post K123 . Particularly the noticing of overload symptoms without the need to judge. That's great progress.[:D]

k123

Energy and self pacing
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:03:12 AM »
Hi Karl thanks for the reply and encouragement.  I am glad to be posting again. It is one thing to read the posts, which is my natural way of using the forum, but also very good to share more actively and get others' experience and feedback.