Author Topic: Meeting amritanandamayi ma "Amma"  (Read 5149 times)

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
Meeting amritanandamayi ma "Amma"
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »
Dear it's all just you and ma, i have no role in this. I am in need of her help more than others most probably... Namaste

Namath

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »
Ma is here is here.But experiencing Amma as Ma was only last night.& that is from from your side.

Don't have much role myself either[:D].Ma in action.

Thank you again!

Ananda

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 05:42:55 AM »
She is that's true... Her presence is very much felt today :-)
Namaste

kami

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 06:27:10 AM »
Got to see Amma today [:)]

How I was able to make it is a small miracle - between a busy work morning, travel this afternoon and the location being unfavorable to easy access/parking, I didn't think I could.. But yesterday, I thought about her, felt a pang of longing and surrendered, thinking that if she wants to bless me, she will get me there.. With no effort at all, I was able to switch my work schedule.. And found that some friends were also going, and they insisted on driving many extra miles to pick me up and drop me off [:)]

Clearly she wanted me there!

The minute she walked in, the tears started flowing.. Felt my whole being vibrating during the guided meditation.. And felt unusually anxious as my turn for the hug came up.. It might have been brief, but felt like an eternity being in her embrace.. She kept whispering "beautiful daughter" in my ear in my native language.. And the tears flowed and flowed.. Sitting to the side, I was lost, unable to form a single coherent thought, trembling like a leaf..

Even though I've had her Darshan before, this was different. She seemed to look right through me as I knelt down.. Someone said I could ask a question if I wanted to, but not one single thing came up.. Yet she gave me something I can't yet put in words.

Still feel her touch, and the trembling continues.. As do the tears writing this.. Returning,I knew what I need to do - visit her ashram during my next trip to India.

Thank you my dearest Parallax, for gently nudging me to not miss this Darshan. As always, you know exactly what I need at any given time. <3

Love,
kami

maheswari

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
sweet[:)]

Parallax

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »
Hi sweet Kami [:)]

I'm very grateful you got to go...its such a wonderful, heart opening experience...plus, FREE HUGS!! What's better than THAT? [:p]

I've made it an annual ritual when she comes through Boston...affects me deeply very time

Love to you [:)]

cosmic

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:42 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kami

She kept whispering "beautiful daughter" in my ear in my native language..

Aww, that's beautiful [:)]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
Sweet!!!!![:)]

Ananda

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »
Thx for sharing Kami[:)]

tonightsthenight

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 05:20:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I was inspired by accounts like Amanda and kami had, so I went to go see amma. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. It was really fun and people were all happy.  The meditation was nice and because of the big group there it was easy to slip into samadhi. I decided to keep the bliss raging out of meditation because I was really curious about the hug thing.

In the end it was fun but I didn't feel anything extraordinary from amma. Definitely a lot of selfless love there, above and beyond the vast majority of people, but not a radiance like I hoped and definitely did not add any logs to the k over here.

kami

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:

I was inspired by accounts like Amanda and kami had, so I went to go see amma. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. It was really fun and people were all happy.  The meditation was nice and because of the big group there it was easy to slip into samadhi. I decided to keep the bliss raging out of meditation because I was really curious about the hug thing.

In the end it was fun but I didn't feel anything extraordinary from amma. Definitely a lot of selfless love there, above and beyond the vast majority of people, but not a radiance like I hoped and definitely did not add any logs to the k over here.

Dear TTN,

Glad you got to see Amma.[:)]

The experience for each of us varies with each guru, and it all depends on many factors pertaining to us, not them - openness, trust, expectations, the actual conditions of the venue, our conditioning and cultural beliefs, etc etc. I have met many gurus said to be supremely powerful and felt absolutely nothing from them, even during energetic transmissions (Shaktipat). On the other hand, I can walk into an old church expecting to simply enjoy the art and architecture and come out with my whole being buzzing in waves of radiant ecstasy..

It is all so mysterious, isn't it?

Much love to you.[3][3]

kembolini

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 04:44:37 AM »
Saw Amma earlier today.

I shall go to sleep and then...

Ananda

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 06:55:19 AM »
[/\]

tonightsthenight

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kami

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:

Dear TTN,

Glad you got to see Amma.[:)]

The experience for each of us varies with each guru, and it all depends on many factors pertaining to us, not them - openness, trust, expectations, the actual conditions of the venue, our conditioning and cultural beliefs, etc etc. I have met many gurus said to be supremely powerful and felt absolutely nothing from them, even during energetic transmissions (Shaktipat). On the other hand, I can walk into an old church expecting to simply enjoy the art and architecture and come out with my whole being buzzing in waves of radiant ecstasy..

It is all so mysterious, isn't it?

Much love to you.[3][3]

Mysterious? Always!

That makes a lot of sense. I hope that one day I will meet a 'saint' that speaks to me. At this point I'm not sure that they exist since I'm such a skeptic. But I want to believe that this radiance is possible and they we can open up other people to the divine presence sheerly through proximity!

kami

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 10:21:07 PM »
Hi TTN,

Actually, I'm also a skeptic. [:)]

Perhaps it comes across as lack of humility (and maybe it is..?) but it takes something "profound" (and mind you, this definition is so subjective) for me to "surrender". I'm constantly surrounded by people that talk about obedience to the guru and unquestioning surrender, both of which don't come easy to me. I find the whole surrender thing to be ostentatious most of the time, something I find myself doing because that is what is expected of me.. At an event a few months ago, I was in a large group of people in a satsang with a young swami.. He was eloquent and began talking about the Gita in a very simplistic fashion (this event focused on traditional Advaita). Midway through, I suddenly noticed he was wearing a familiar ring, a mark of another tradition that focuses on Kundalini yoga (I knew without a doubt because I had practiced in that tradition for years). After his monologue, a few people began to ask questions, and I stayed back to talk to him. I asked him what his view was about the energetic component of awakening. He told me "not to worry about such things and just read the Gita as he does", condescendingly saying, "you are here, just focus on this." Persistently, I asked what he thought about spontaneous Kundalini awakening. He got angry and said, "Maybe that is your experience, not mine. Goodbye." I was amused to see everyone around me bowing to him in this show of humility - he was not being totally upfront IMO, making me resistant to surrendering to his teaching. What would be so wrong to admit he's also exploring Kundalini yoga? Sigh...

One guru that commands my unquestioning surrender is Mahavatar Babaji. The mere thought or mention of his name brings about a change in my being.. There is also something sweet and magnetic about Amma - in her embrace, I feel rejuvenated.. She is one whom I know I could and would and do bow down to, without any doubts or reservations..

Perhaps all this just demonstrates my lack of ability to yield.. Just more work to do.

[/\]