Author Topic: What is the theory behind overload?  (Read 1359 times)

Parallax

What is the theory behind overload?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 06:55:11 AM »
I believe its Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man but I haven't read it personally, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1570622809/advancedyogap-20/002-2614664-2790407?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1

YogaIsLife

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 07:00:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

Which of Gopi Krishna's writings contains the most detail of his experiences with overload?

Yes, I imagined someone would ask this but I had to check that at home...I am at home now [:D]

Try "Gopi_Krishna_-_Kundalini_the_evolutionary_energy_in_man". It is his autobiography, but I think it comes with other names depending on the edition. In this book he describes the practices (that led to his sudden awakening of inner energies), the effects of the overload, and what he did to try and manage them.

As Shanti said this is an extreme example, of course, but it is good to be aware at least that this is possible. This should not stop us though (Gopi says this himself), we should just be aware and self-pace accordingly.

YogaIsLife

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »
Parallax, we crossed-posted! [:)]

Clear White Light

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »
Thanks very much,

I'm going to order it.  I feel that I need something to sort of scare me away from my tendency to push myself too hard in everything that I do.  :D

YogaIsLife

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 07:27:45 AM »
Hi Clear White Light - if u want I can send it to you. Just write me an email. Thanks.

brother neil

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Many teachers have said that excessive energy in the head can do quite a bit of damage.

I think I am qualified enough to validate that point[;)]
brother Neil

wakeupneo

• http://pureabidance.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I think you are pretty mild in your descriptions.

My experience is that the Force does not have any consideration for our mental or physical health, really. We can end up in hospitals with various weird physical symptoms, in psychiatric care due to the emotional/mental turmoil it can cause, we might commit suicide in pure despair (know people having gone so desperate and acted on it as well), we might burn our nervous system so that it does not function very well, particularly the brain as people have mentioned, sometimes misinterpreted as a "burn-out" caused by stress. Can take several years to recover from it.

I have for example, for some reason lost very much of my speech. I cannot find words or get spelling or grammar correct nowadays. It's very odd for a former Scrabble-nerd and linguistic high-performer. It has gotten worse and worse during the journey. Mathematical ability is almost gone. Don't know why. I can't specifically connect this with overload, but I have suffered from a great deal of overload (haha - I misspelled it as loveroad [:D]) and the decline in cognitive abilities started when the journey started and it seems to be a stable inhibition of verbal and logical skills. I know most people say the opposite - that geniouses are born during the journey and the intelligence is enhanced - just not my experience.

Don't want to frighten people, but overload is not a game. I strongly second Palallax's post!

(Edit: hahaha... seee? PARALLAX! sorry... )

eesh! The positives have outweighted the negative since you started, I reckon;)

For what it's worth, often our intelligence is our biggest hinderance.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:51:49 PM by wakeupneo »

Holy

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
Shanti summed it up very fine. Emc added well too.

some more:

when energy gets too high: no sleep, extreme tiredness, too much out of control thoughts, can't stop

when silence gets too much: no mind, no sense, no movement, no breath, no blood

Not that anything of this is good or bad, as these are transitory symptoms. But within modern life styles, like in a city, these things seem strange and unnormal and can create "unnormal" functioning for some time.

But the end of the tunnel of all of these symptoms is great. Energy blows out blockages and ego, life becomes paradise, expression of the inner becomes effortless. Silence dives into peace and bliss and reveals this as you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:29:38 AM by Holy »

emc

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
wakeupneo (tremendous nick, by the way!)

Yes, the positives have definitely outnumbered the negatives. Once captured by Truth - there's no way back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AwakeningBridge#p/u/0/0tFtbNrjSB0

And I do believe Life might have a plan to show me it's perfectly ok to live without a functioning logical brain. The mind will eventually rest in the heart...

Holy

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
@emc

if you don't have a highly mental based work, don't worry if the mind gets lost =) It will come back when needed and get lost speedily again. Meanwhile enjoy :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:16:04 PM by Holy »