Author Topic: Irritation after sadhana  (Read 912 times)

anthony574

Irritation after sadhana
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:35:18 AM »
Hey guys

This has been a recurring problem for me for a few years. I can't say how often it happens...maybe 1 out of 20 sessions...

After a session, regardles of rest time, I feel irritable. Psychologically I'm fine, but my body seems irritated. I cant really explain it...it's like feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. Maybe too much energy up top.

Any good practices for this? It does not feel like a kundalini thing or anything like that. Just unjustified irritation.

Im gonna try and eat a heavy meal, see if that helps :-)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:35:39 PM by AYPforum »

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
Irritation after sadhana
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 06:52:18 AM »
Hi Anthony,
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

Any good practices for this?

Less practices.  I'd say if this is happening approx every 20 sessions, then you are pretty close to well balanced, but if it is still happening I would drop 5 mins of SBP for the next 20 sessions and see if that makes a difference.  Less is more I keep hearing[;)]

Love,
Carson[^]

Richard

Irritation after sadhana
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:57:22 AM »
Hi Anthony

This is usually caused by not resting long enough after practices.
 Make sure you have at least 5 minutes rest when you have finished your practices, more if you can.

anthony574

Irritation after sadhana
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »
I didn't have a good rest. The whole time I was doing yoga and resting there was a very loud piledriving going on at a bridge construction site...and i gotta admit no matter how hard i tried i got a bit irritated! didnt make for a great rest,

i ate a pretty big lunch and it seemed to help

AYPforum

Irritation after sadhana
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:35:39 PM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

ycloutier2000

Irritation after sadhana
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »
Sounds to me like this is some housecleaning going on at the level of heart chakra.

Get a hold of some Green Aventurine.  This stone seems to smooth outthe energy that gets stuck in the heart and brings you back to a state of peace.  Takes about 20 minutes to feel the irritation being absorbed by the stone.

serious.

NagoyaSea

Irritation after sadhana
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
Hi Anthony.  I've had this same irritability experience from a couple of reasons. First, being interrupted loudly and unexpectedly during meditation, and also, as Richard said,  not enough rest after meditation.  

Kathy