Author Topic: The taint of fury  (Read 806 times)

onomatopoios

The taint of fury
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:54:11 AM »
Dear friends,

Much of our beloved world is entrapped in a vicious circle of hate. People pass enmities to their children and neighbors, but also keep reminding their enemies of perpetual hostile intent. If transmission of the hostilities is the essence of its preservation, then there must be a means to cessate it. However, refusal to express hatred outwards is hardly a sufficient move to extinguishing the fury.

Sadness is surprisingly easy to deal with when compared to hatred. How does the individual deal with hate? Essentially a resurfacing rage is repressed emotion, but I for one feel that my current methods are not sufficient to release it. Yet processing the emotion is vital: for all the inmates sitting for violent crime, I don't believe they are like that by their true nature. The flames of rage do not subdue by more violence, but often it seems that the society with its strategies of separation and institutionalization only encourages that hopeless action. Everything that happens is by the way of necessity, but a lot of unnecessary suffering is produced by the belief into the lasting and righteous condemnation.

I was always taller and stronger than everyone else, but I never used that as an advantage to get onto anyone. However, my lack of interest into discrimination and intimidation was understood as a sign of weakness that was mercilessly exploited. Because of family issues, it was simply something I couldn't have dealt with. Some might say such a terrible treatment for many years leads into bitterness, but I don't think so. There is no particular sense of vengeance or retribution, but there is a heightened will to kill. When my rage erupts, it's always nothing less than a murderous intent. There is never malice or desire to "get even" by any sort of material recompensation; only death is real.

One time in the childhood a boy provoked me to almost beating him into pulp by a bat. Only parental intervention prevented that; there's nothing I could've done to prevent it. Yet in general I must suffer the folly of those who think indimidation makes things any better, for reacting to that could easily lead into criminal charges. As a result, I almost daily experience violent thoughts, day dreams, etc. It's a very morbid state of mind, and if it's not satisfied, there comes the desire for violent self-harm, usually biting the fingers off.

Dreams of bestial metamorphosis and interest into powerful imaginery of antagonistic mythology spotted my youth. These were both frightful and attractive topics because the enticing and exstatic presence of violent intent was there. It's strange how the subtler forms of hate subdue the personality and its hurts, while tapping into a source of perfect alienation. This rational and calculating aspect of hate is the same that turns nations to cinder. No wonder violence may appear as an easy way out.

I've come to think of the hatred as a cunning beast that lurks in the forest near my home. If I must cross the forest to get home, then I will certainly have to face the beast. What results is that I either retreat in fear or fight the beast and become alike to it. But right and wrong are as meaningless buzz as good and evil. I'm tired of reacting. If I meet the beast once again, I won't fight back or run, even if it meant death.

The abyss beckons.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:59:20 AM by onomatopoios »

HighUpsideDown

The taint of fury
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:49:39 AM »
You're obviously well educated, highly self aware, and passionate on a level that most will never understand.

Thank you for this post, for your explanation of hate has brought my understanding of love to a deeper level.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
The taint of fury
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »
The best way to get rid of hate is to get to know the person you hate. The better you know someone, the harder it is to hate them. If you know well someone you don't like at all, it is much better than hate.

Hate is bred from not knowing people, and making assumptions about them that aren't true.
This takes the human-ness away from them because you can't understand them, and don't try.
You convince yourself that they are less than human, and don't deserve fair treatment because of it.

The more you get to know someone, the harder it is to hold these beliefs.

ymladris

The taint of fury
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:46:55 PM »
1. do you believe there is something more powerfull than your 'hatress conditioning'? if yes, do bhakti yoga, pray to that great ishta who can 'make you over' the hate situation. go down to your knees, surrend, cry for help to that power which is stronger that hate. hate is only the creation of your mind, a feeling. you are not the slave of your mind.

2. if you dont know if there is something stronger than your 'hatress conditioning', you can go on practising something that creates stillness. Stillness is independent source, not dependent on any belief system, isha, doctrine or anything. But from stillness you have access to your inner potential.. you will find the way how to transform your great RAGE, if you want. 'will to kill' seems to me like a terrific amount of energy

good luck

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:49:49 PM by ymladris »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
The taint of fury
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 12:26:28 AM »
Hate comes from love. When we hate someone it is because we feel that they have broken the love connection somehow. We feel that they have done something that makes it impossible for love to be between us. That is why getting to know them helps. When you understand why they did whatever it was, it renews the possible love connection.

I don't mean love as what is between lovers.
There is a possible unconditional love connection between people who have absolutely nothing in common. But for that, they need to feel no threat from the other.
It is easy to love someone who is no threat to you. It is easy for God to love all of us, as we are no threat.

Only when you feel vulnerable can you hate people. If you are afraid they can hurt you or something you care about, hate is generated so that you will give more attention to the threat. It has to do with either the self-preservation instinct, or the parenting instinct.

But also you can be taught to hate by de-humanizing a certain TYPE of person.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:33:01 AM by Etherfish »

spinal_tap

The taint of fury
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
Ono, Why choose to lower yourself by infiltrating society's cycle of hatred?

There is no reason to waste the intelligence you have just because of a cunning beast. If you can exit this cycle of hatred you have unfortunately fallen into, there is a lot of things in this world for someone with your ability to perceive to discover and have fun with.

Quoting Jason Mraz, 'Open up your mind and see like me, Open up your plans and then you are free, Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours'

Get out of the cycle and enjoy the freedom with your gift, friend. Someone might need you someday.

AYPforum

The taint of fury
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 06:03:01 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement