Author Topic: Anyone drinks green leaf juice?  (Read 1082 times)

Maximus

Anyone drinks green leaf juice?
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:09:25 PM »
Is it good or bad for health when taken regularly? I feel very tired and drowsy after drinking it. I'm afraid there may be oxidizing agents in raw leaves that cause you to age faster. I don't know the English names for the leaves I juiced; they are commonly used cooked.

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
The drowsiness may be purification...which would mean it'd be good to take it in moderate amounts.  You should be more specific about what plant it was.

yogibear

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:54:15 PM »
Hi Maximus,

This is one of the healthiest actions you can take. Kale is the best by far and the amount of nutrition you get in the form of Vitamin A, C, lutein, xanthein (don't know if that is right)chloraphyl, etc. is incredible. Turnip greens and collards are huge, too, but kale leaves them in the dust. Half a cup of juice, once or twice is a day is all you need and you can stir fry the pulp with olive oil and what ever spices you want for the fiber.

Enjoy, yb.

Hunter

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:44:44 AM »
Maximus,
        I start my day with green smoothies made of a variety of greens and some fruit to sweeten it.

I am a highly active person. I perform farm labor everyday and I also exercise daily. I could go all day on just my green drink and not even feel hungry.

What it do! [8D]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:45:41 AM by Hunter »

yogibear

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 04:52:38 AM »
One more thing, Maximus.

It is best to have a juicer of the worm gear type as there is no heat generated that can destroy the nutritional value of the juice. Centrigugal juicers have this problem.

And this kind of food has the opposite effect of aging your body faster. It is super healthy.

yb.