Author Topic: Time required for exercises?  (Read 597 times)

GregM

Time required for exercises?
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:18:01 AM »
Being primarily left-brained, I'd like to get a general idea of how much time the full complement of AYP exercises take per session once you've progressed to the point where you're doing them all (DM, SBP, asanas/mudras/bandhas, samyama, etc).  I understand this will vary (perhaps widely) depending upon one's particular circumstances, but for the sake of getting a simple baseline, let's say one were to the follow the recommendations outlined throughout the AYP material to the letter (20m for DM, 10m for SBP, etc...)  What would the be the approximate time-investment per session?

Thanks,

Greg

BillinL.A.

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:27:15 AM »
Hi GregM,

Lesson 209 says 75 minutes twice a day but it varies for each of us like you say:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/209.html

Lesson 204 gives a great overview of AYP stuff:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/204.html

AumNaturel

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:27:25 AM »
That would be 100 minutes exactly, using full enhanced routine at max recommended times, and not a minute more, and this would only be one sitting. Note that SBP can be up to 20 minutes. These would be standard numbers, while in practice they will not look like this since some will inevitably be longer (ex. Navi kriya), while others could be much shorter. Then there's retreat schedules where you can do 3 or maybe more rounds per day, plus other elements (bhakti, diet, grounding, exercise, etc.).

A very compact routine would be only 30 minutes, and include abbreviated asanas, SBP, spinal bastrika, DM, samyama, YMK, NK, and cosmic samyama.

One session per day to me has varied from 50 to 120 minutes, with a comfortable standard as around 70-90 minutes x2 per day. Timing has always been an issue here, and days tend to be short, so as you can see it's an ongoing work in progress. As long as the basic practices are in place, and the routine is ongoing steadily, the adjustments can be refreshing and a good learning experience.

GregM

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Thank you very much for the very thorough answers & links.  That answers my question perfectly.  [/\]

Greg