Author Topic: Is K located at Muladhara or the base of spine???  (Read 813 times)

KundaNewb

Is K located at Muladhara or the base of spine???
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:48:15 AM »
Different sources state differently.

Some say at the Muladhara which is located at the perineum.  Others say at the base of the spine; but that would be the Swadhisthana, or close to it.  Which is it???

Sincerely

bewell

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
Muladhara – Means, “root or foundation.” The first chakra, located at the perineum, where kundalini energy is first awakened.

Hi,

I found this definition in the AYP Glossary
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/glossary.html

Yogani writes:

"Stimulating the muladhara/root at the perineum is important, but not to the exclusion of everything else. The objective is to activate the root while tying it in with the spiritual awakening of the entire nervous system."
To read more, see Lesson 156
http://www.aypsite.com/plus/156.html

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:07:59 AM by bewell »

KundaNewb

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »
Thanks bewell!  But, is the coiled serpent at the muladhara or in the coccyx/sacrum region?  I know the energy starts at the root (muladhara), but does the K lie dormant there also or in the coccyx/sacrum?

maheswari

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
hope this helps....but as the first verse and Yogani (Bewell post) say
activating k without the spiritual awakening of the whole nervous system leads to harm (bondage) more than benefits...practice wisely!

"Kundali Sakti sleeps on the bulb, for the purpose of giving moksa to Yogis and bondage to the ignorant. He who knows it, knows Yoga.

The bulb is above the anus, a vitasti (12 angulas) long, and measures 4 angulas (3 inches) in extent and is soft and white, and appears as if a folded cloth." Hatha Yoga Pradipika ch.3/verse 10 and 106)

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »
Hi Kundaweb,

In it's latent form, kundalini is said to be stored at the kanda chakra. It is an egg shaped region of the subtle body located between the root chakra (muladhara), and the sacral chakra (swadhisthana).

But in practice, having knowledge of where it is located, doesn't help a lot, because it isn't awakened by locating it. It is awakened by purifying the body and the mind through spiritual practice.

All the best,

Christi

KundaNewb

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »
Thank you Maheswari and Christi.  I recall reading about that gland now.  So, I'll just keep doing my routine; moving the energies from the root backwards over the gland and into the sacrum and up.  

All the best to you two!

_Yogi_

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
I think it is the prostate gland. It is a round gland a couple inches up from the perineum near the spine. I have become very aware of that egg like gland and my 7th chakra lately. I feel that gland clearly.

Then again some say just the apana moves up from there to meet with prana in the 3rd chakra the power chakra to create the kundalini. I had only one full kundalini awakening and it started around that gland around the kanda, I remember thinking thats weird it didnt come from the perineum and it moved up slowly, nothing special but when it hit the power chakra it was like a lightning bolt to the brain that stayed for a long time.

tonightsthenight

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 12:33:12 AM »
Hey Kunda,

I would say that anybody that tried to tell you that they know stuff like this is either crazy or lying.

There isn't a spiritual body that we can dissect and analyze... so we need to rely on sensation and perception but these things are relative.

In the end, it's not really important where this or that chakra is located. In fact, it's not important if there actually are this and that chakras.

Good luck searching!

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 06:19:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Hey Kunda,

I would say that anybody that tried to tell you that they know stuff like this is either crazy or lying.

There isn't a spiritual body that we can dissect and analyze... so we need to rely on sensation and perception but these things are relative.

In the end, it's not really important where this or that chakra is located. In fact, it's not important if there actually are this and that chakras.

Good luck searching!

Hi TNTN,

If a blind man has lost his cat, and is looking for it, and you can see it half way up his tree in his garden, and you say so, would that make you either crazy or a person who lies?

The clearer your vision is, the more clear the description of the cat is that you can give whilst it is still half way up the tree.

In the same way, people with spiritual perception can describe aspects of the etheric world.

Christi