Author Topic: Mantra sadhana  (Read 4376 times)

kami

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 12:31:12 AM »
And Kali has begun her work..

Having been drawn to her the last year or so, I finally began working with the Kali mantra a few weeks ago. Nothing too rigorous; but she remains in my conscious awareness constantly. Initially, it was all pleasant, but for the last week or so (coinciding with the austerities of Navarathri and a shaktipat from a guru I am drawn to), it has been quite a ride. Terrifying dreams, surfacing of deep-rooted fears and issues, bursts of ecstatic bliss mingled with amrita raining down and resulting in a sense of passing out (while being awake), and long periods of no mind activity whatsoever.. And in relationships and interpersonal interactions - all sorts of misunderstandings (when really none exist) have come up. It seems everything I say is misconstrued immediately, bringing up my walls and defenses - I've been temporarily drawn into those stories, only to realize a short while later what this game is about. She wants me to see my stuff, in her characteristic way of not really caring how I feel or what I think about her methodology, demanding absolute surrender.[:)][/\]

Mysterious workings of the Divine Mother..

[/\]

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Mantra sadhana
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 12:40:59 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kami

And Kali has begun her work..

Mysterious workings of the Divine Mother..

[/\]

[/\]

Kali puja is Nov 3rd. [3]

maheswari

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 04:09:39 AM »
Hello Kami
I m  not using mantra meditation only breath meditation
But since navaratri things are not so easy as I have mentioned in some other thread
Over here there are lots of fears coming out...seconds of panic...lots of old not so sweet memories from childhood coming out...ecstatic energy on and off (and now we are almost full moon) ...and now I feel I need a short nap as if the attention is so much turned inside
Sometimes I feel a sweet taste in my mouth coming from the sides of my jaws and under the tongue...maybe amrita or maybe I m totally imagining [:D]
So yes lots of fears are being shown to me...always coming back to surrender..
I was reading your post and having a picture of Durga in my mind...with her weapons she cuts ignorance out and and victoriously rides the "tiger"...last year I had an experience with Durga also around october and navaratri

Mother is so strong
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:13:05 AM by maheswari »

kami

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »
Hi Maha,

Looks like we are experiencing similar things.[:)] Glad to be sharing with you.

Shanti, thank you for the heads-up. I will certainly meditate on Mother Kali during that time.

[/\]

maheswari

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 04:12:36 AM »
Yes dear kami [3]
Ps.last night had vivid tumultuous dreams, quite unusual for me
Pps.sometimes I feel Her behind my right shoulder ...or maybe I m imagining. ..dunno[:D]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:17:29 AM by maheswari »

Will Power

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 08:36:14 AM »
Thank you for your post Kami!

In the UK AYP retreat I heard how beautiful Mathurs chanting is, I felt a bit ecstatic listening to her. [/\]

Will Power

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »
Dear Kami,

have you read in Quest of God, by swami Ramdas? He had an incredible bhakti and humility, and he shares his experiences with the mantra OM SRI RAM JAI RAM JAI JAI RAM

kami

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 10:56:48 PM »
Hi Will Power,

No, I have not, but will look for it. Thank you. Another classic book on mantra sadhana is  "The way of the pilgrim", where an ordinary peasant in Russia attains mystical experiences and liberation through the Jesus Prayer. It is a perennial favorite here, very inspiring.

Can't wait to hear Mathurs chanting!! Maybe I can convince her to send me a recording.. What say Mathurs? [:)]

[3][/\]

Will Power

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:32 AM »
Yes I have read "The way of a pilgrim", very inspiring to me too [/\]

mathurs

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »
I do apologise - I did not realise that my chanting was being discussed... I am glad you liked it Willpower and I am honoured that you felt a little ecstatic.[/\]

Kami, I am honestly not that experinced and have very limited knowledge. But when one day we meet I will definitely chant for you [/\]

Indigo

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 12:42:42 PM »
I also use japa and mantras. I use OM japa and OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya in mu sadhana. Outside of sadhana my all time favorite is OM Mani Padme Hum recorded by Tibetan Incantations. It is a beautiful rendition.

The Gayatri Mantra is another mantra I like.

kami

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 03:18:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Indigo

I also use japa and mantras. I use OM japa and OM Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya in mu sadhana. Outside of sadhana my all time favorite is OM Mani Padme Hum recorded by Tibetan Incantations. It is a beautiful rendition.

The Gayatri Mantra is another mantra I like.

Thank you so much for sharing Indigo!

I too use the Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya in some of the kriya practices...

[/\][3]

kami

Mantra sadhana
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 03:45:44 AM »
So, after years of wanting to learn the Sri Rudram unsuccessfully, I took it up again two months ago.

And this time, it just flowed into my memory retention. Without any specific goal, I just trudged along, learning a few verses here and there. Finally, I finished memorizing the two parts of this great hymn last night - the Rudra Namakam and the Chamakam. Each consists of 11 parts (anuvakas). Rudra Namakam consists of verses in praise of Rudra, the dynamic form of Shiva. The Chamakam, on the other hand, in traditional lingo, consists of descriptions of benefits of chanting the Rudram, describing 347 boons to be had, across material and ethereal realms.

Researching this further, I came across this interesting reinterpretation of the chamakam, which resonates much more than any other explanation I've read thus far. It gives a fresher perspective to the grandeur of the Vedas: http://www.medhajournal.com/article...ce/1006.html

Some of the energetic changes I've experienced with this chanting have been very interesting. The verses play in my mind during sleep and daily activities, often self-correcting and self-propogating without conscious effort or will. Often I feel every cell reverberating and bathed in clear light, sometimes blissful and at other times making me jittery..

All in all, one of the most beautiful experiences learning the Sri Rudram - made my daily long commute welcome and blissful (the only block of time when such learning can take place)..

[/\]

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:46:14 AM by kami »

AYPadmin

Re: Mantra sadhana
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »
nikhilk
India
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2016 :  02:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi kami. I read your experiences of chanting mantra. I am myself doing the chanting of two mantras(without initiation) interchangeably from past 1month.(continuous). How and when will I recieve guidance in my path.
Go to Top of Page
mahesh ch
India
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2016 :  12:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
During the festival of Diwali people across India particularly hindu communities perform puja to Goddess Lakshmi by chanting mahalakshmi Stotram which will please Goddess Lakshmi and showers her blessings in the form of wealth and happiness.Mahalakshmi stotram is one of the most powerful mantras of Goddess Lakshmi.
Go to Top of Page
mahesh ch
India
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  11:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
am too a devotee of maa durga, every day I visit temple and offer my prayers by chanting maa durga mantra so that goddess will bless me with good health and peace of mind.
Go to Top of Page
kami
USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  4:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi nikhilk,

Sorry for the late response. Mantras in my experience take on lives of their own and bear fruit in various ways. They will lead you to the teachers and teachings you need to progress!

Go to Top of Page
dcamero
Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami
Mantras in my experience take on lives of their own and bear fruit in various ways. They will lead you to the teachers and teachings you need to progress!

That's very interesting you say that. I did the Christian mantra meditation of Fr. John Main for about five years. It's been mentioned once or twice on these forums. Toward the end, it did lead in an unexpected direction. Long, long account here: http://christianmeditationbook.com/downloads