Author Topic: Overload! Fire is hot.  (Read 1092 times)

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Overload! Fire is hot.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
Interesting. Thank you.  [:)]

maheswari

Overload! Fire is hot.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
how sweet of him and how lucky she was that the teacher was attentive....all asanas  instructors should be like this guy unfortunately many are not

emc

Overload! Fire is hot.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
I've been to two asanas classes in my life. The first one was a disaster. Poweryoga at the local gym. The instructor held a nice intro about all the chakras and the way of the kundalini, but I understood later that he thought it was all a nice fairy tale. [:)] After 1 hour asanas, the rush in the spine was so strong, my back was bent backwards in a constant bow, so I couldn't walk straight. I had to wait for 20 min and just ground afterwards, lying in the hall. The teacher came up to me, frowned and when I explained this is what kundalini does, he was all startled. I suffered from uncomfortable overload a while afterwards.

The second time was with an Indian teacher. I sort of downloaded the Matrix program "asanas" and the body stood in all advanced positions with perfect balance. The teacher even said "I can't do this properly, but look at her, that's how to do it!!" and he was very impressed when I said I'd never made any of those asanas before. [:)] I suffered from extreme overload during and after class.

The only time I could do asanas and enjoy them was on the three week Fiji retreat with Bernie Prior. But of course, then he held the space and balance for me all the time.

I dared to try again on the AYP England retreat, asanas with Christi, but soon realized I had to take a walk instead. [:)]

maheswari

Overload! Fire is hot.
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »
[:)]

LittleTurtle

Overload! Fire is hot.
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 04:33:50 AM »
Wow that's intense emc. Some how that reminds me of the story of when a young Swami Kriyananda had to demonstrate asanas to a group of people at some sort of event and he was all nervous because he couldn't do any asanas at all. Yogananda told him not to worry that he'd do fine and well he did them all perfectly without knowing how.