Author Topic: From Anandatandava  (Read 40881 times)

yogani

• AYP Plus
From Anandatandava
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »
Hi All:

I have had a request from a lady whose brother, Roy, is in prison, has read some of the AYP books, and is looking for contact with other practitioners. He has no internet access, and I have been asked to post this for possible responses:

“Sorry for any redundancy, but I’m speaking blindly from prison through my sister.  Is the experience of  “flame-forms” from hand mudras, a common occurrence?  Has anyone else explored the influence of the vagus and other cranial nerves on the autonomic nervous system as pertains to AYP yoga?  I’m thinking specifically of  the parasympathetic, the primary driver in experiences of  profound love.

Anandatanbada”

I sent the below reply back via email. Further thoughts on Roy's inquiry will be appreciated. I will make sure his sister has the link for this topic, so she can print any further insights and send them to him.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

My emailed reply (excerpt):

"...Energy experiences like you mentioned are common, and the suggestion is to easily favor the practice we are doing over any experiences that come up. If experiences come up during daily activity between our practice sessions, then we can enjoy them and carry on with our activity, whatever it is. Too much mental analysis can get in the way of practices and our spiritual growth. For those who are intellectual by nature, and want to pursue that line, then the AYP Self-Inquiry book is suggested.

There is no question that much more research on the neurobiology of human spiritual transformation is coming down the road, so your interest in that area will no doubt be addressed by modern science increasingly as time goes on. We are in the beginning stages of it now. I am very much in favor of this. See some of my thoughts on "applied spiritual science" here: http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3267 (print and send posts of interest).

The guru is in you.

Lacinato

From Anandatandava
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:03:53 AM »
I have no idea, but I am glad AYP is able to get to someone in prison, and it makes me think about donating some AYP books to a local prison books project. Hope others have something to share.

gumpi

From Anandatandava
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 07:26:17 AM »
Perhaps what i will say here is misplaced but i feel that the questions from Roy were not addressed.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
From Anandatandava
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »
Roy - Q:
Is the experience of “flame-forms” from hand mudras, a common occurrence?

Yogani - A:
(excerpt):

"...Energy experiences like you mentioned are common, and the suggestion is to easily favor the practice we are doing over any experiences that come up.

Roy - Q:
Has anyone else explored the influence of the vagus and other cranial nerves on the autonomic nervous system as pertains to AYP yoga? I’m thinking specifically of the parasympathetic, the primary driver in experiences of profound love.

Yogani - A:
There is no question that much more research on the neurobiology of human spiritual transformation is coming down the road, so your interest in that area will no doubt be addressed by modern science increasingly as time goes on. We are in the beginning stages of it now. I am very much in favor of this. See some of my thoughts on "applied spiritual science" here:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=3267
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:56:09 PM by Etherfish »

brother neil

From Anandatandava
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:45:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Perhaps what i will say here is misplaced but i feel that the questions from Roy were not addressed.

of course gumpi, your still thinking instead of doing
How can I be sure of this, you remind me of me [;)]

love and laughter brother
Neil

nandhi

• http://www.nandhi.com
From Anandatandava
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
aum

message to divine anandatanbada:

yogani brought clarity to one part of the reason for asking. beautiful clarity as always![:)]

your journey within is blessed. blessed by yogani's guidance and your ancient seeking that comes from knowing. the path of yoga is fulfilling and is freedom in itself. most people outside prison are in the grand prison of ignorance. you chose to be free, so you are lucky no matter where you are![:)]

not too familiar with in the intellectual end to your question but felt the need to provide insight from the inner journey perspective.

the 'flame forms' experienced are indications of advancement. soon the whole body will be the flame form. gently this flame form rises further above to be subdued at the third eye and stroked through each breath from the muladhara. it is the eternal fire awake in the mind's maturity to the joys of stillness.

your question was similar to the question nandhi had asked several years back to a sage in the wilderness of south india. hence this reaching 'back'.

all in the joys of the inner fire!

aum

a picture of the ancient fire-
http://www.sensitiveplanet.com/category.jhtm?cid=1068

Lili

From Anandatandava
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 09:13:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Is the experience of  “flame-forms” from hand mudras, a common occurrence?  Has anyone else explored the influence of the vagus and other cranial nerves on the autonomic nervous system as pertains to AYP yoga?  Anandatanbada”[/blue]

Hi A, flame forms have been experienced by people in this forum and can be very realistic (sometimes mistaken for real things present around you). If they occur during practice recommendation is to just minimise distraction and try and retain focus on the practice so our practice time is not wasted. If outside practices don't get scared-just explore and observe what you see. On your nervous system question such research should be undertaken by qualified medical researchers/neural scientists - perhaps to come in future. Good luck with your AYP practice - might be worth complementing it with EFT if issues occur -- free manual available here http://www.emofree.com/downloadeftmanual.asp.

anandatandava2

From Anandatandava
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
Yogani, you and this community are magnificent! I am so grateful to be here. I confess to feeling unworthy of the privilege, and will respond with love and understanding to all perspectives, including those toward me. I was a software entrepreneur once, and know the rough-and-tumble of open forums. Here, however, we all value, pursue and taste love, thus reducing disagreement, it seems to me, to the play-nips of puppies in a box, (bad metaphor?). I have lived an outrageous life, of which I will tell another time, (if it serves AYP). But I am a peacemaker now, in a very cacophonous world, and always advise peers to not contribute to treachery what is better explained as simple misunderstanding. Emotion can easily spark online because print does not carry the inflection of a voice and body language by which we more fully gauge intent. Then you factor in the public and permanent nature of entries, and yikes! (LOL) Please know at the outset that I never intend to disquiet anyone with my silly notions and opinions. I invite you, implore you, to openly disagree with me, for I am filled with melting love for all - this is not just semantics! Further, whatever I may say about my idiosyncratic, (and perhaps idiotic), practice, I urge everyone to stay on the path presented by Yogani. The wonders he speaks of are very, very real, and beyond anything I, as a life long seeker, ever imagined possible. It is truly heaven on earth, a complete interpenetration by and into God.

I'm dicatating this over the phone, so I'll close for now.

yogani

• AYP Plus
From Anandatandava
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »
Hi All:

For those who are new to this discussion, the previous post is from Roy.

Welcome, Anandatandava! [:)]

The guru is in you.

Balance

• http://noplanezen.blogspot.com/
From Anandatandava
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »
Welcome Anandatandava [:)]

We are blessed by your presence. I find joy in your love sharing with us from your cacophonous world [8D]

Thank you for joining this community and I look forward to your posts.

Your flame form mudras are a beautiful thing.

Balance
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:43:40 PM by Balance »

Ananda

• http://www.ayparabia.com/
From Anandatandava
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 02:33:44 PM »
hi Anandatandava and welcome to the forums [:)], must say that i like your choosing of the name[;)] and the add on of the divine dance to it\\lord Shiva's dance (tandava).

namaste brother, you are in our hearts.

love,

Ananda

Akasha

From Anandatandava
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »
Hi Roy,

Your presence is very humbling.[8D]

I discovered ayp and the lovely pple here,only 2 weeks ago,and am stilll digesting.....

The power and effectiveness of the practices are quuite extraordinary and i can see myself engaged with ayp for some time hence.The support forum here is like  the recipe, th flour, al the other ingreduents and the icing on the cake, and more.

You sound pretty advanced.  I am still with the baby steps here so it's nice to have an experienced brother on board here with your wisdom and compassion.I think i'm lucky .

I think i had a kind of premature "awakening" that went kind of pear-shaped a few years ago but finding  ayp after some prior searching is gratifying. The ayp system is like music to my ears in terms of efficacy and  yogani's beutiful explanations.It is free of much religious over-tone and dogma and completely abreast,or ahead even, of modern science-  things i like about it. It's effects- Again----extraoridinary.

Thanks for being here.
I am grateful.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:12:27 PM by Akasha »

krcqimpro1

From Anandatandava
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
Welcome on board Ananda. We look forward to your sharing your experience.

Krish

miguel

From Anandatandava
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 08:32:23 PM »
Wellcome anandatandava![:)]

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
From Anandatandava
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 11:10:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum. No need to feel unworthy. We don't know the circumstances of you being where you are, so we won't judge. This path is for anyone who chooses it.
What is important is the path you are on now, and lucky for you it can be fully experienced anywhere. Best of luck.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:40:59 AM by Etherfish »