Author Topic: Rollercoaster!  (Read 1371 times)

kami

Rollercoaster!
« on: August 04, 2009, 03:45:16 AM »
Wonder what the matter is? I'm known to be highly motivated and productive.. for the last month or so, my motivation for work waxes and wanes (more so than usual).. mostly, I'm just not motivated to complete projects that need to be and would rather spend time in introspection or wait eagerly to get home to practice kriyas again or spend time with my kids, etc.. weird [:0] Has this happened to anyone else? Should I not be more enthusiastic about life in general? I'm certainly much more at peace, mostly calm (foreign traits), and find that I come up with innovative/creative ideas - just a major reluctance to roll up my sleeves and get to work! Thoughts on this??
kami

Akasha

Rollercoaster!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:22:06 AM »
I know you do a  medium full plate of AYP . But how long have you been doing this,?- or aanything else before AYP. I always find info. relating to timescales useful.

Sounds like good things are happening, to me, though i am only 3-4 months into this AYP so you may be better getting a long-term practitioner perspective.

Lost in the blisss state- i've had that, but in a nice way.Like almost stoned, you could say.Feeling content just to stare at your big toe,that kind of thing.

And extra creativity.One definitely gets this with DM ,as well. Maybe that is a symptom of you steepiing outside your usual grooves,samsaras. One may approach ordinary daily activities from a fresh perspective uncoloured by our past actions , behaviours, conditioning ,as if doing for the first time.My planning is coloured by  memory banks trying to dettermine what i usually eat,shop for, what style of clothes i buy,how i treat people,routes i take walking wherever etc etc

Eagerly waiting for return to your sitting practice or kids- your priorites ,the meaningful things in your life,those that bring more natural joy,bliss,ecstasy even, are lot clearer and you naturally gravitate to those without thinking.

Rolling up the sleeves for  deep meditation sounds like a good idea.[^]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:27:34 AM by Akasha »

machart

Rollercoaster!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »
Hi Kami,

I had the same problem. I've been practicing AYP for a little over a year and my concentration at work suffered due to the infatuation with spiritual practices for a while.

Eventually things evened out but my work did suffer for a while.

I learned that anything to excess can be harmful....even spiritual practices if you are a householder and not a monk.

Good luck on your path!

kami

Rollercoaster!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 04:04:04 AM »
Akasha - I wondered how come I was content to sit and stare at my big toe [;)], now I know! Well, I've been doing this for 3 months, and was trying different meditation methods (Eswaran, Holosync, etc) for 2 years... I know what you mean - it is a reorganization of my brain!

Machart - hope this will not last for too long, cause I really can't afford that! Perhaps you're right and it is infatuation.. or bhakti as I prefer to think of it.. will press ahead and see what happens..

kami

YellowCow

Rollercoaster!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
I can relate. Tired . . .