Author Topic: If only I had money. Then I could...  (Read 3930 times)

woosa

If only I had money. Then I could...
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:10 AM »
I don't mean to put a downer on 'sychronicity' et al, but it hasn't worked for me!

I graduated with a degree 2 years ago, shorty after the recession hit. Since graduating I have been unemployed and can not make ends meet. I am thousands in debt, and still am. The job I worked to get is out of my grasp now, as there are no jobs, and by the time the recession lifts I will have been out of the engineering game too long. Too much competition from recent grads with better results. A job on minimum wage and struggle is for me.

Maybe this 'Law of Attraction' works when people get what they wish for, but maybe they will get it anyway, if they hadn't 'wished' for it. It's just human nature, we attach labels to things.

Like a man wanting to blow his nose, if he doesn't have a hanky he obviously never will. What I mean is if I desire a job, and I live in an area of high unemployment, and have no work experience all the Samyama in the world will not work! But it's worth trying I suppose.

The nice news is from years of meditation, I don't really care! So really what I am trying to say is keep struggling through as much as you can, maybe you will get a break, maybe you won't.

I am a skeptic, but a blissful one. [;)]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:52:20 AM by woosa »

mr_anderson

• http://thejoyofdying.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 03:07:46 AM »
HathaTeacher... I liked your comments particularly. That's really helpful for me right now.

I'm going through the issue of experiencing rising inner happiness & peace, and am finding it hard to judge how I should handle my money issues.

sagebrush

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »
I am reading the post earlier today and partially re read.

I have thought  about the passage that tonightthenight(((( What i do know is: this is my path, and there is a purpose to it. I have been sad and broken hearted. Literally, the divine Spirit broke my immortal heart. But i firmly believe that this was for a purpose, and as i go on from that point i will become whole again, and i will be the better for it.)))

sometimes words on a computer don't mean much but I am forever sorry for what you have endured. I am a creator of that broken heart and the broken spirit....and I don't know the point of that.

predicting future events seems not so good. I think I think of Papaji's saying to "wait and See" that can at times be comforting. maybe I misuse that statement, but I think it is potent.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
Imagine having all the money you want.
Now imagine what you would do with it.
Imagine how that makes you feel as you do those things.
This is what you really want, and it is usually accessible without having all the money!

HathaTeacher

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 01:43:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Imagine having all the money you want.
Now imagine what you would do with it.
Imagine how that makes you feel as you do those things.
This is what you really want, and it is usually accessible without having all the money!

It's wise to remember this in the ups and downs of life.
Thanks Etherfish, Anderson, and everybody!
All best
Hatha