Author Topic: Where do you work?  (Read 2928 times)

Nancy

Where do you work?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 04:25:20 PM »
Isn't putting the ego to rest or empowering it to ALLOW us to let go, and knowing when to put the ego back in the toolbox, not a form of "killing" the ego when need to the same? (yes a rather harsh term)
Nancy

Suryakant

• http://www.myspace.com/jdsmall
Where do you work?
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 12:26:37 AM »
Day job: software engineer at a major computer company
Night job: non-union actor on stage and television
Round-the-clock job: remembering Ram

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
Where do you work?
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 12:38:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Nancy

Isn't putting the ego to rest or empowering it to ALLOW us to let go, and knowing when to put the ego back in the toolbox, not a form of "killing" the ego when need to the same? (yes a rather harsh term)
Nancy

Yes it's different ways of talking about the same thing. the only reason people object to certain terminology is because the ego is so tenacious that if you go after it to try to kill it, you will probably not be successful.

Instead, if you don't concentrate on it, but continue daily practices in the main lessons, the ego will just start to fade away on its own.
It's like trying to "kill" a big oil company. It's impossible. But if you start using alternative fuels, it will just go away on its own.

I think it has something to do with actions taking volition, like hunting and killing needing an ego to perform them, and the ego being very devious in being able to trick us.

Lila

Where do you work?
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 04:16:06 AM »
quote:

I'm a master electrician specializing in troubleshooting. I love my job because it changes every day, and is very challenging. I have to use intuition a lot to figure out how things are put together that I can't see, and try to construct a model in my head of what could be happening. I just look around and collect clues, and without thinking much, the model pops into my head, then I test it to see if it's right.
It can be very stressful because people are paying a lot of money for me, and they aren't comfortable with me just wandering around  waiting for intuition to give me answers.
So I have to impress them with my knowledge, and explain things in a way that makes it seem like there is a solid, unwavering method. But I know that's a lie, and often other technicians have been there before me failing with those methods.
So I start explaining things in such technical detail that they gain confidence in me while realizing that they are wasting time. Then when they leave, I can solve the problems with intuition.
Meditation has made it possible for me to continue what I love doing even though I wanted to quit because life is too short to endure a lot of stress. I decided i needed to get rid of the stress and keep the rest, and that's what I did with AYP.

Wow, that sounds a lot like my job. I also encounter situations where I am not certain how to resolve them. My customers also pay a lot of money for me and want results. I give them a technical explanation that assures them I know what I am doing, but in reality more of my answers come to me through intuition.

Lila

Where do you work?
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 04:17:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by Nancy

Nancy

Yes it's different ways of talking about the same thing. the only reason people object to certain terminology is because the ego is so tenacious that if you go after it to try to kill it, you will probably not be successful.

Instead, if you don't concentrate on it, but continue daily practices in the main lessons, the ego will just start to fade away on its own.
It's like trying to "kill" a big oil company. It's impossible. But if you start using alternative fuels, it will just go away on its own.

I think it has something to do with actions taking volition, like hunting and killing needing an ego to perform them, and the ego being very devious in being able to trick us.

I would actually disagree. The ego is never "killed", it needs to continue to exist and is what drives you to find the god within. However, it needs to give up total control in order for the real self to emerge and ultimately the ego merges with the real self or the god within.

Lila

Where do you work?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 05:23:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Lila

I would actually disagree. The ego is never "killed", it needs to continue to exist and is what drives you to find the god within. However, it needs to give up total control in order for the real self to emerge and ultimately the ego merges with the real self or the god within.

I thought about this some more. I guess the term "kill" was what I took exception to, but perhaps when you reach the point where the ego merges with the god self, then one could say it no longer exists which is the same as saying it is "killed".

Don't want to get into an argument about semantics.

Blessings,
Lila

kingseeker

Where do you work?
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
i don t mean to be full of my Self hehe; let me tell you guys what my day was like Sunday, got up early did my kriya , worked in the kitchen for a few hrs, since my kundalini has been pretty active lately, i find it very important to be the one that cooks for the family, as you know when the shakty is moving you can see the prana in fodd..... wee that s another story.... cleaned up,,,, served lunch for my daughter,(11= and wife ; med student, grabbed al my stuff to wo and work in a call center for a 12 hrs shift( i park cars over the phone in miami from Urugauy South America,  not a joke hehe)forgot to mention i take the public bus to and from work so that s another two hrs, in other word i satrted working at 8 in the morning around the house spent two hrs commutting, worked a 12 hr shift, and i coudn t wait to get back home at 1 in the morning so i could spend 1 hr doing kriya and meditating before hitting the sack,,, needless to say i spent most of my work they in kechary, doing mula banda and kumbaka, at work in the bus, chanting om namah shivaya even when i was talking on the phone with a clien ( in my mind of course; anyway   waht i mean to say, is that all that stuff aboutn having more time if you change jobs and bla bla bla, is all an ilution, you may do kechari, kumabaka, repetition of the name anytime, when pleople say whare can i get time to mediatae, i will answer from meditation it self, when you really startmeditating instead of sleeping 8 hrs you will sleep 6 or 5 and feel rfreshed

relax, put that tong up there and pull up you tail bone   you will be    a rihgt
oeace and out   seeker

BellaMente

Where do you work?
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 08:54:28 AM »
How do you park cars over the phone?

wigswest

Where do you work?
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 06:22:42 AM »
Just saw this topic (yeah, I'm slow ;)

I'm a children's magazine designer/illustrator for a national conservative religious organization. If they knew I posted on this website, I'd prolly be fired <grin>

To be fair tho...I'm thankful for what I do. The message we give the kids is "compassion in action", community involvement, love for neighbor. I could be doing worse things with my life :)

Yonatan

Where do you work?
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:03 AM »
That's really nice wigwest, sounds like a fulfilling job [:)]