Author Topic: Random thoughts -Samyama and the Law of Attraction  (Read 3118 times)

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Random thoughts -Samyama and the Law of Attraction
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by zzzMonster

Hi everyone, I find Samayama very hard to practise (maybe my inner silence is not enough), but I find Akasha - Lightness of air the easiest to let go into inner silence and surrender to it.As for the rest, I keep having thoughts on trying to remember the next sutra. In what order do you ppl practise your sutras to make it the most comfortable ?

Hi Z,

Richard's reply is very good.

What I am going to write below are not meanings of the sutras. Please don't associate these sutras with the words I will use to group them with. In samyama, we don't want to contemplate the meaning of the sutras, we just say the word once in our mind and let it go.

The way I try and remember the sutras...
In groups of threes...

Love
Radiance
Unity

(Love of God, union with God and resulting in radiance(blessings/light) of God)

Health
Strength
Abundance

(Health and Strength leading to abundance of all of the above:), including love and radiance and union with God)

Wisdom
Inner Sensuality
Akasha – Lightness of Air

(this set .. wisdom and inner sensuality, I still have a trouble remembering at times.. but then after awhile you just get it)

Hopefully this will help.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:03:28 AM by Shanti »

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »
I've been reading about the laws of attraction and, in spite of my earlier rant about Abraham Hicks on another thread, I find the essence of their teachings to be profound.  However, there's something in them that resonates deep within me as misguided, and this by Yogibear touches upon it:
quote:
Originally posted by yogibear

I remember that when I wished and it came true, I was in a unique and peculiar state of mind, kind of in a reverie or something, when I wished.   Without this state of mind, which I could not consciously create and which seemed to occur only spontaneously, the wish did not manifest.

YB, when you have wished for something and then got it, is it fair to say that your "peculiar state of mind" was inner silence?  

Speaking for myself, that has been the case.  There is a sudden and deep "knowing" that such&such is to be yours:  an event, an object, a direction, and so when you go into manifestation mode, it is with the inexplicable certainty that it is, in a sense, already done.  As opposed to that fearful kind of prayer/manifestation in which you're swimming in uncertainty, and thus blocking your desires from the outset.  It simply wasn't meant to be yours, and you have to align yourself with the fact.  Thus Christ's teaching:  Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness [inner silence and the truth therein], and THEN everything else will be added unto you."

What I see about samyama that is wildly different from the law of attraction is that our inner silence is prerequisite; it's already present, or else we wouldn't be engaged in it.  So when we release the pre-established sutras, which are designed for our highest good, there's no fear involved to muck the whole thing up.  

If we want to attract to ourselves those things that we find desirable, I think the best bet is to go into inner silence, and in THAT inner dimension, run down the list of desires.  What resonates?  What feels in alignment?  What feels 'true'?  And wherever there is the fear of NOT getting, there is indication that this desire may not align with my highest good.  This extra step - going into inner silence -  is to me is the missing element of the teachings of the laws of attraction...or maybe it's there, and I missed it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:22:02 AM by Manipura »

zzzMonster

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:47 AM »
Thanks Meg,Shanti and Richard

I was too hasty in posting that. I seems to be able to let go from love to unity completely. For heart,abdundance and Akasha - Lightness of Air,it is sort of like not fully let go. For Wisdom and Inner Sensuality (total mess).So I think I am improving. Thanks everyone again.

ps: After I added Asana and Samayama - meditation is giving me a headache after 10 mins (Is it wise to cut meditation down or should I remove Samayama - even though it feels good)

Richard

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 12:16:25 AM »
Hi ZZZ do you mean if you do more that 10 minutes? If that's the case just leave it at 10 minutes for now.
If you mean you are getting headaches at the 10 minute level just do the sutra's in samyama once instead of twice and see how that goes.

Everyone is different with self pacing you will have to experiment, sounds like you are doing great though :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:19:59 AM by Richard »