Author Topic: Making Peace with the Psychic job  (Read 6452 times)

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
Making Peace with the Psychic job
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 09:23:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
Through it all, there persists the infinite Love of God and the Bliss that is independent of external circumstances. On the rare occasions that I get out in public, like to the grocery store and hardware stores during the recent renovation process, I'm just blown away by the Love pouring through me. I feel so much Love for every person I meet, and I know they can feel it, and it's delightful interacting with people. Everybody is my dear friend, and I enjoy conversing with total strangers at the store about wine or produce or whatever. Feeling really blessed!  

My father, rest in peace, was always at ease chatting up and engaging strangers. As a youngster (way back when) this was a source of embarrassment and frustration for me, which only encouraged him I believe! Now in my fifties and a father, and well along 'my path', I have become my father! Interacting with humanity provides a huge boost for my being and always keeps him close in my heart.

My mother, RIP, was the same way!  and yes, as a child I found it embarrassing.  [:)]

Anima

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2014, 01:55:51 AM »
Hi Radharani,

It's really good to hear you are doing well, staying busy, and enjoying your time and practices.

PS: My dad was the biggest "BSer" with people. His digressions are the stuff of legend [:)]

Radharani

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Hi Radharani,

It's really good to hear you are doing well, staying busy, and enjoying your time and practices.

PS: My dad was the biggest "BSer" with people. His digressions are the stuff of legend [:)]

thanks!  hey, great news (you probably already heard it on FB, but for those who didn't):  We have rented the trailer to a very nice family!  They offered to pay me in cash, $100 more than asked per month, to make sure that they would get it.  So this will be a HUGE help to us financially, in addition to my new gig with the Very Famous Psychic Company.  Looks like our prayers are answered.  thx, everyone, for all your encouragement! [3]

Anima

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 01:31:44 AM »
[:)]

Chaz

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 08:50:11 AM »
Hi Radharani,

[/\] God is good. I'm very happy things are going well for you and the financial situation has improved. It's awesome to hear that you got a gig with such a reputable psychic company, you're certainly cut out for the work. [;)] It's really a great way to help people, maybe nonconventional but still a great service nonetheless. I have no doubt you'll be a trusted go to for many. [:)]

Much love!
Chaz

Radharani

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Chaz

Hi Radharani,

[/\] God is good. I'm very happy things are going well for you and the financial situation has improved. It's awesome to hear that you got a gig with such a reputable psychic company, you're certainly cut out for the work. [;)] It's really a great way to help people, maybe nonconventional but still a great service nonetheless. I have no doubt you'll be a trusted go to for many. [:)]

Much love!
Chaz

Thanks so much for your kind words, Chaz!  I really appreciate your encouragement.  See below, as the saga continues.  Lots of Love,
Radharani

Radharani

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
Latest update, for your amusement:

I was thrilled to get the contract with the Very Famous Psychic Company.  They offered me a competitive rate (slightly more than I am making now) and a VERY generous sign-on bonus after the first 90 days!  BUT, there has been a delay; I was supposed to start in mid October, but then they informed me that the call volume has not grown as much as they had hoped and they won't have an opening for me to actually go online until December.

The next day, my tenant informed me that she had lost her job because her boss suddenly left town to care for a relative in another state and will be gone until at least December, if not longer.  She only had 3 days' notice!  Fortunately she found another job last Friday, but she won't be paid for another week, so I will have to rob Peter to pay Paul in order to pay the mortgage, but that's ok, Peter and Paul are very used to it, as we've been doing this for the last couple of years.

My husband, meanwhile, is doing his best to prevent his intestines from escaping his abdomen due to the inguinal hernia he acquired when he got hurt at his previous job (construction) where he was not covered by Workers' Compensation or any kind of health insurance, and he is unable to get help from anybody.  He will have to hang in there until January when he becomes eligible for Obamacare so he can get the necessary surgery.  The hernia fortunately has not prevented our tantric yoga practice.  His new job as a chef is going well, but they can only give him 4 days a week.  

So, like many Americans, we continue to literally drown in debt.  While I remain consciously aware of the urgency of the situation and that yes, it really IS "bad," I can't seem to get very worked up or appropriately worried about it the way I would have years ago.  We're already doing everything we can possibly do and, as my mother used to say, "worrying won't help."  There remains through it all this incredible fountain of Love and Bliss flowing up inside regardless of the external circumstances.  We are thankful for what we have, for as long as it may last, and everything is in God's hands.  [/\]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:33:53 PM by Radharani »

Anima

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »
Good to hear of your happiness... I'm hoping things go well with your husband's operation.
It does rest with God, yes [8D]
[3]

Dogboy

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »
quote:
she found another job last Friday, but she won't be paid for another week, so I will have to rob Peter to pay Paul in order to pay the mortgage, but that's ok, Peter and Paul are very used to it, as we've been doing this for the last couple of years.

I just used the "Peter/Paul" saying yesterday for the first time in a generation; it's practically synchronicity to see it here in print!

quote:
While I remain consciously aware of the urgency of the situation and that yes, it really IS "bad," I can't seem to get very worked up or appropriately worried about it the way I would have years ago. We're already doing everything we can possibly do and, as my mother used to say, "worrying won't help." There remains through it all this incredible fountain of Love and Bliss flowing up inside regardless of the external circumstances. We are thankful for what we have, for as long as it may last, and everything is in God's hands.  

Ah, the lessons of our parents bubbling up as an subterranean spring...dear Radharani stay just as you are, purring like a well fed kitten. I will keep you and your husband in my heart and my samyama![3]

Radharani

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
Thank you, my dear friends!  I am so very grateful for the wonderful sangha that we have here.  Much Love to you!!  [3] [/\]

Zanyan

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
[/\] Radharani.  Keeping you and yours in my prayers (aka samyama [:D]).

Radharani

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
WOW.  I am totally blown away and humbled.  A person whom apparently I met here at AYP, although I cannot find their name in the Members list, has sent a very generous donation which will enable me to re-pay "Peter" [credit], whom I robbed to pay "Paul" [mortgage] for November, and also make the December payment on Lothlorien House!  It couldn't have been more timely, as "Peter" needed to be paid back TOMORROW, and my new job won't start until some time in December.  again, wow.  At first I was reluctant to accept the gift, but then this kind benefactor pointed out, "Who is the Giver? and Who is the Receiver?  Is it not  the Hand of the Lord in all these?"  true...  My sincerest thanks to the Giver.  [/\] [3]

Radharani

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »
update:  Today I FINALLY began my new job with the Very Famous Psychic Company which can't be named for contractual reasons, yay!  My first day has gone extremely well, the call volume is good, and it's just in the nick of time to be able to pay the mortgage next month.  Oh, BTW, did I mention:  My wonderful tenants haven't been able to pay rent since losing their job in mid-October.  They also haven't been able to clean for some reason.  So now the trailer is completely trashed again, even WORSE than it was when the teenage stepson lived there!  hard to believe. and I have asked them to move out by the 1st.  I am thinking about selling that part of the property because of the geological instability and sinkholes...  Meanwhile, my husband got "Obamacare" and should be able to have his surgery next month.  Very thankful for all our blessings!

Dogboy

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
Keep on smiling "As The World Turns"...happy holidays to you! [:)]

Radharani

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Keep on smiling "As The World Turns"...happy holidays to you! [:)]

Same to you, dear!  [:)]

I am working on the new psychic line again today and it is going great.  I can't even believe how many calls I am getting!  SOOO thankful.