Author Topic: the latest episode of my soap opera  (Read 1698 times)

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
the latest episode of my soap opera
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 11:02:47 PM »
Radharani,
I am not talking about thinking positive thoughts to "make things happen". I am talking about letting go of negative beliefs and turning them into faith and devotion. "Bad stuff happens to the most god conscious people regardless of what they think" is a negative thought that manifests. Sometimes this is true, but every time you look at your life and say "bad stuff always happens", it feeds a cycle that has nothing to do with karma.
But if you catch that thought, and turn it into "God always takes care of me", you are not trying to make things happen, you are giving up trying to make things happen, and life gets much easier.

Radharani

• http://www.francisandclareyoga.org
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Radharani,
I am not talking about thinking positive thoughts to "make things happen". I am talking about letting go of negative beliefs and turning them into faith and devotion. "Bad stuff happens to the most god conscious people regardless of what they think" is a negative thought that manifests. Sometimes this is true, but every time you look at your life and say "bad stuff always happens", it feeds a cycle that has nothing to do with karma.
But if you catch that thought, and turn it into "God always takes care of me", you are not trying to make things happen, you are giving up trying to make things happen, and life gets much easier.

Dear Ether,

Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate your good intentions.

Obviously we are having a communication breakdown.  I can only assume that either you did not actually read what I wrote, or my words were not clear enough, or else you simply cannot relate to the perspective I have unsuccessfully attempted to describe.  I will try one more time to clarify.  

"Faith and devotion" is my life.  I know "God takes care of me," in fact, that is exactly what I said about being "in God's hands." No matter what happens, it’s all good.

It appears that you may be projecting your own belief system about how the universe works, onto my "soap opera."  You said:

"If you constantly are having thoughts that life is hard and there is not enough money, and you might not make it, those things will manifest in your reality."  

But that's just the point:  I'm NOT.  And I don't share your belief system, although I did in my youth.

You maintain that the sort of events described in the story happen as a result of "negative thoughts or beliefs" on the part of myself and the other yogis I know in similar situations.  On the contrary, we keep our heart and mind in God’s Love, a yogic practice that once required discipline and has long since become our natural state.  But according to your belief system, if it were so, then these events could not happen because,as you said,“It comes from the majority of thoughts and feelings combined.”

I do not look at my life and say, "bad stuff always happens."  Those are YOUR words.  

Indeed, you are projecting your own negative interpretation onto my story!  I merely narrated the events in a fairly neutral (albeit sarcastic) manner; I never said my life was "bad" or "hard."  YOU chose to interpret the story that way.  Why?

I described my experience as "amusing," "exciting" and "freeing."  Everything is perfect for our continued liberation, including the burning off of karma which occurs in the process!  Actually my life is easy.  It’s all about what is happening inside, not outside.  

Hopefully now you have a better understanding of where I'm coming from.  I apologize if my “soap opera” bummed you out, but if that is the case then maybe you should just stop reading it.  [:)]

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:35:25 PM by Radharani »

Namath

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

Hi Radharani,
I am not sure of what hathateacher meant by crowfunding, but what I understood by that is to create a facebook page with your project (i.e. Heart of Yoga by Radharani or whatever you like), share your experiences with yoga and ask for donations and give your bank account details or a way to pay with paypal.

Do that Radharani & share the link over here.I'll encourage the proect with a humble amount.I'm sure many other AYPers will do too.

Workwise,I myself feel like a horse who can gallop but yet chained.I always ask God why he's given me so much mental and physical abilities if I'm not using it nowadays[:D].

The reply I get "Sit still,pray,take care of your birds ,tutor <I private-tutor Mathematics and ICDL > & be happy...that's all required from you now."

"Holistic Wellness Counselor"

What is that? anything similar to homeopathy.Is it something you can help AYP practitioner with to soothe overloading symptoms maybe based on donation?

Love

HathaTeacher

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 02:39:52 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani
thanks!  what is "crowdfunding"?  

It's a way of collecting funds for off-mainsteam projects via the web and social media.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_funding
(you can even Google crowdsourcing or crowdfunding).
The best source of information are by far any people in your town who have tried it for their project/projects.

You "tell" the community out there what makes the project worth small or large donations, where and how to make a payment, and keep them informed about the progress (pictures, a blog link, etc.).

Radharani

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:51 AM »
On looking back over my conversation with Etherfish I realize I kind of rambled and maybe was unclear.  So now I will break it down more simply and straightforward:

1.  My consciousness is not occupied with negative thoughts.  Usually my mind is on God.
2.  I don't believe that thinking about something (whether positive or negative) makes it happen in the external world.  (In psychology we refer to this as "magical thinking.")
3.  My happiness is not contingent on external circumstances or the "drama" of life.  That's basically the point.  What makes me happy is yoga: the incredible Love of God permeating every fiber of my being.  [:)]

Radharani

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

Hi Radharani,
I am not sure of what hathateacher meant by crowfunding, but what I understood by that is to create a facebook page with your project (i.e. Heart of Yoga by Radharani or whatever you like), share your experiences with yoga and ask for donations and give your bank account details or a way to pay with paypal.

Do that Radharani & share the link over here.I'll encourage the proect with a humble amount.I'm sure many other AYPers will do too.

Workwise,I myself feel like a horse who can gallop but yet chained.I always ask God why he's given me so much mental and physical abilities if I'm not using it nowadays[:D].

The reply I get "Sit still,pray,take care of your birds ,tutor <I private-tutor Mathematics and ICDL > & be happy...that's all required from you now."

"Holistic Wellness Counselor"

What is that? anything similar to homeopathy.Is it something you can help AYP practitioner with to soothe overloading symptoms maybe based on donation?

Love

Great, thanks, I will do that! We are currently in the process of applying for our non-profit corporation status with the State, then we will get our IRS number so we can legally accept donations.  After that we will apply for federal 501c3 status which may or may not get approved and takes at least 3-5 months to find out.  But even without the 501c3 we will still be able to accept donations as a religious non-profit.  (The 501c3 would allow us to also get a property tax exemption as well as federal grants!)  Thanks for your encouragement, will keep you posted.

"Holistic Wellness Counselor" is one of the few "counselor" jobs that is not yet regulated by the State.  I cannot legally work as a "Counselor" per se (Psychologist) due to licensing restrictions in my State.  Years ago in California I worked as a "Licensed Ministerial Counselor," which is not approved in Florida.  Holistic Wellness is basically a mind/body approach which addresses diet, lifestyle, exercise, meditation, natural supplements, etc.  As mentioned above, what I have found is that people who most need it can't afford it, at least here in Florida.  So I will offer this service also in the non-profit organization.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:28:10 AM by Radharani »

Radharani

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 09:30:30 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by HathaTeacher

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani
thanks!  what is "crowdfunding"?  

It's a way of collecting funds for off-mainsteam projects via the web and social media.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_funding
(you can even Google crowdsourcing or crowdfunding).
The best source of information are by far any people in your town who have tried it for their project/projects.

You "tell" the community out there what makes the project worth small or large donations, where and how to make a payment, and keep them informed about the progress (pictures, a blog link, etc.).

Thanks, Hatha Teacher!  I will look into this and let you know how it goes, once we get our non-profit status approved.  I had never even heard the term and am not aware of anybody in my town who has used it, but I suppose since it is FB/internet based it won't matter about the location.  Appreciate your support.

Namath

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 05:31:20 PM »
Hi Radharani ;

Glad to hear all that.

I hope you won't use Paypal...some countries are blacklisted including mine [:D]

All the best.

Radharani

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:15 AM »
quote:

Hi Radharani ;

Glad to hear all that.

I hope you won't use Paypal...some countries are blacklisted including mine [:D]

All the best.

Namath, wow, I did not know that!  We use Paypal here all the time.  I am not sure what other method to use.  Why are some countries blacklisted from Paypal?

Namath

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 06:54:26 AM »
I guess we "My country" and they "paypal's country of origin" don't share the same political point of view [:D]

Western Union is an option .Or a bank account.

Radharani

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 05:44:14 AM »
quote:

I guess we "My country" and they "paypal's country of origin" don't share the same political point of view [:D]

Western Union is an option .Or a bank account.

hmmm...  We are usually told not to share bank account information here in America.  I could look into Western Union; I'm not sure how that works but my step-mom has used it.  Thanks!