Author Topic: Best jobs to allow time for practice?  (Read 2309 times)

coleen07

Best jobs to allow time for practice?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 08:20:16 PM »
I am not an IT but there is some people that give them time for their practice to make their skill develop.

AumNaturel

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 04:31:17 AM »
Mr Anderson, glad to see your approach and efforts working out towards greater personal independence. Clearly, at least some of it is an absolute necessity in just getting to the point of understanding what certain teachings even point towards, much less having the energy-time to their contemplation and pursuit, such as 'freedom to do what one likes is really bondage, while being free to do what one must, what is right, is real freedom,' and 'to act from desire and fear is bondage, to act from love is freedom.' - Sri N. Maharaj. Still searching for that inner love on this end among my endless fog that may as well be smoke rising out of what's become a war with myself in trying to clear it. Each aftermath is followed by a period of disinterest, stagnation, and time-wasting, where the only constant is my practice. A brute force approach of will is unsustainable. Been there to do that, paid the price one too many times bordering on self-abandon were it not for some divine grace of having a positive attitude to heal and let go. Lila may be a wonderful purposeful divine play, but we really arise out of its most contracted, dense, and artificially-amplified (to the point of novelty) aspects of maya ignorance illusion; of this the rishis seers are undeniably spot on, at least to my intuition and life events I've seen first hand to date even in this very house. So in reply to the topic, I'm running into my own dead end trying to understand and more importantly find a place in this flow of life here (which looks equally chaotic or non-existent as it does orderly and perfect), and it's been years already since having graduated something that requires further institutional-education to do something with.

nookslist

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 11:45:06 PM »
I work in a office and stick to a daily routine of 2 hours of practice in the morning. It helps me to work all the day and give me more energy to stay active all the day. I think it is enough for me..

adishivayogi

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
my job is horrible for the yogic process, but onthe other hand it makes for an intense lifestyle. i work probably atleast 100 hours a week. some times im up for 40 hours straight. i have to stay extremely disciplined and get very little sleep just to keep my practices up. but i do however get a week off out of every month.

maheswari

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »
oh 100 hours per week? that is so much work....glad you are handling it well[:)]
i am curious...may i ask what is your job?

adishivayogi

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »
i work between 100-120 hours a week. sometimes i go days without sleeping. last hitch i was up on jobs for close to 80 hours with 3 hours of sleep on a boat ride somewhere in there. while on the surface it may seems the jobs we have been placed in may be in direct conflict with our yogic practises. but deeper it is not in so much conflict. a very intense work schedule makes you..well intense. intensity is good.  especially if your practices are everything to you. for me its sometimes just a drag race back home from work so i can do my yoga... eating and sleeping is so secondary lol. i feel if not for me benig over worked and demanded so much of i would not be disciplined enough for the intensive sadhana im doing. (its no ayp)