Author Topic: the Trade?  (Read 1375 times)

thezuck

• http://www.solidla.com
the Trade?
« on: January 06, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »
So ive been doing AYP since last March very consistently.  And I have been a smoker all my life.....  

But my love for yoga has always persisted.  Started AYP during a push to quit last year and it was very powerful.  I fell in love with the purification....it was the first time I was conscious of what seemed like real progress along the path.  
Well, I fell back in and out of the smoking trap, being triggered by my very stressful career choice.  During times of abstinence, I had a few weeks of real bliss in my practice....very pleasurable.  But then it seemed to disappear for several months.  I really didnt know what kind of a role cigarettes were playing in my lack of balance. I thought I could work around it. Ha.

I know the bliss is supposed to come and go...and not to get attached.
  And so I used that time to work on it from that perspective.  Finding peace on simply repeating the mantra....nothing more. During December I really tried to prep for a New Years resolution of finally quiting.... I spent serious time writing down why I hated it and needed it out of my life for good.  

So its been 6 days...NADA CIGARETTO.  I know....not THAT impressive. But a couple days ago the bliss came back in full force.  Thank god.  I was beginning to think "success" in yoga just wasnt my path.
When the bliss rises up...fills your body...and leaves you floating in your bedroom after a few minutes....you want to thank the universe for this remarkable gift of life.

So thank you Patanjali....and Yogani..and all the other dudes :)

Smoking has been an incredibly shameful part of my life. If anyone could relate, I hope they know someone else is pushing through too...and it doesnt have to be so hard after all.  Much better to trade poison for the bliss.

Much love

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
the Trade?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 07:29:02 AM »
Hey thezuck [:D]

Really happy to hear about the progress!  

Love!
Carson [^]

thezuck

• http://www.solidla.com
the Trade?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 05:12:32 AM »
Mr Zi!
Thanks for the reply.  Its devoted men like you that help us all see the magic in the truth.  
Hope your new year is fresh and fruity.

The tide is rising and these techniques continue to blow my mind.  I never thought merging with awareness could be so blissful.... Was under the hidden assumption that growth required suffering.[xx(]

Its hard to believe that everyone isnt taught this stuff in kindergarten [:D]  I suppose the universe likes diversity in its paths to oneness.

Much love....zuck

axelschlotzhauer

the Trade?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 12:15:10 AM »
Pursuing your development I lost a tab with your observing beginning and end of breath and mantra. There are exercises in Vijanana bhairava explained by free ebooks and audios from the sites of Osho. But this may be to soon for you and his energzfield got dubios. Also a 3d question.

Axel