Author Topic: bhakti, the yoga of devotion.  (Read 837 times)

JosephUK

bhakti, the yoga of devotion.
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:25:50 AM »
Hi,

i've been working with the energy of devotion for some years now, both with the ego, the pain body and past lives. Ive developed a practice where purification is becoming continuous and can continually strengthen with the correct supplementary practices and behaviours.

I've heard that to be a true yogi you have to direct the majority of your emotions inwards in order to generate purification of the three forms of suffering i have mentioned.

If you are devoted to your practice you are on the right road it's just a case of firstly directing your devotion inwards.

Right at the bit you don't want anyone to see.

then after some development you may notice some changes, you may notice there are different aspects to this stuff not just painful memories but pastlife things or just thoughts that are plain wrong.

this is where with intuition you can guide your devotion to the singular points in the body which are the energy centers of the chakras.

I have also become aware of different aspects of each chakra which can be called a petal on the lotus flower, i have noticed that i gradually move through these aspects and work on them individually, this is the spin of the chakra, i have particulary noticed the crown which is a one thousand petalled lotus which reminded me of buddhist practices such as one thousand armed chenresig.

in order to balance myself i have been using the spinal breathing and microcosmic orbit combined with the inner smile from mantak chia.

This brings me on to how to strengthen your practice, maintain a healthy body and purify the physical bodies karma.

the inner smile will soften negative emotions in the body, just smile at them.

one technique i have developed to purify and strenghten the upward journey (vibrationally) is to start requesting redundant thoughts to become devotion, we've got loads of them.

I hope this is helpful. :-)

vanuatu

bhakti, the yoga of devotion.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:19:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

Hi,

one technique i have developed to purify and strenghten the upward journey (vibrationally) is to start requesting redundant thoughts to become devotion, we've got loads of them.

I hope this is helpful. :-)

Hello JosephUK, this is intriguing. Would you expand on this practice? [:D]
Specifically, are you working with a living object of devotion?
Is your practice the guru?
Are you asking with your own specific redundant thought or in a general sense asking for "redundant" non specific thoughts to become devotional?