Author Topic: "Day of Doom" Group Meditation  (Read 3164 times)

whippoorwill

"Day of Doom" Group Meditation
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 07:06:32 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking forward to our meditation Friday!

So far, I have AumNaturel, mikkiji, carson, kami, cosmic, healthy119, and spiritdancer signed up with me on Skype.  If anyone else would like to participate via Skype, please send me a note as soon as you can.  There's still plenty of room.  [:)]

Just in case there are any newcomers who would like to participate but can't yet use the forum's e-mail, I've put my e-mail address in the bio section of my profile.  I'll take it down again after the meditation, but please feel free to contact me via that method until then.

Some tips to follow:

Please look at your screen saver settings and make sure that your screen saver will not come on for 30 or 45 minutes.

I'll initiate the call at 7:55 AM Central (8:55 AM Eastern) and I'll let it ring on your computers until either you answer or the meditation starts.

Once we start the meditation, if you haven't answered, I'll hang up your line.  Please don't try to call me back, as this will likely disrupt the meditation.  Just hang out and meditate anyway.  You know we're there!  [:D]

I wish I had some time to do a real test before going live with this, but I haven't been able to pull one off.  There are some unknowns, but hopefully things will go nicely for us.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  [:)]

All the best to you!
--Liz

AumNaturel

\
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »
Thank you kami, whippoorwill, and all for putting this together!

Will the format be eclectic-mixed, or like the "AYP Global Group Meditation"? How long will it be? If doing DM beyond our normal time or the 20 min, should we change to silent/breath/samyama the remaining time?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:24:43 PM by yogani99 »

kami

\
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AumNaturel

Thank you kami, whippoorwill, and all for putting this together!

Will the format be eclectic-mixed, or like the "AYP Global Group Meditation"? How long will it be? If doing DM beyond our normal time or the 20 min, should we change to silent/breath/samyama the remaining time?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Aum,

Looking forward! I suggest the global group meditation format, if that is ok with everyone.

Liz, will this be a video or audio only format?

Also, many from my meditation group at work will be joining in at that time for various periods of time (not on Skype, however [:)])

Love,
kami
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:38:54 PM by yogani99 »

whippoorwill

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
Hi Kami and everyone:  [:)]

It will be a video format.

I can set a timer for 20 min, if you guys like.  And then allow 5 minutes to rest.

After that, if anyone wants to hang around for a few minutes of chit-chat that's fine.  I'll have to end the call at 9:45 AM Eastern.

Does that sound okay?
[3]

AumNaturel

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Sounds great here! [3]

kami

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
Perfect!

Thanks Liz [/\]

faileforever

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
Sounds good to me, see everyone in the morning [:D]

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
I'll be right ready for the meditation in the morning... am working a 12hr night shift that ends at 6am and then I will join you all at 7am for meditation.  Beware my night shift vibes. [:o)]

faileforever

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 12:50:58 AM »
Thanks again for putting this together, it was wonderful to connect a face/voice with some of you.  Definitely up for the next one! [3]

whippoorwill

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 01:44:49 AM »
That was fun.  [:)]

Parallax

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Hi everyone [:)]

Had a meeting at work from 9:00-10:30, so I wasn't able to participate this time...but I felt Silence throughout. Particularly at 9:30, when our whole trading floor of ~150 people all simultaneously stopped what they were doing and went quiet to observe a moment of Silence for Newtown. Everyone felt connected in the silence...all a part of the same meditation...whether they knew it or not [:p] It was quite beautiful...was hard to hold back the tears

Thank you all for sharing [/\] [3]

cosmic

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »
Thank you, kami, for creating this group meditation. It's too bad we couldn't see you this time, but it was nice to connect with you nonetheless.

Thank you, Liz, for graciously hosting [:)]

It was wonderful to be part of this with alll of you. I was very happy to see some fellow Mensch Mill retreaters I haven't seen in 2 years, and to meet those I've only chatted with or didn't know before this.

The group dynamic gave me more bliss than I normally feel in meditation. It was a deep experience and I'm grateful for it. Looking forward to the next one!

Namaste [/\]
cosmic

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 06:57:50 AM »
Although I was enthusiastic to try this, I actually had no expectations beyond "let's see what happens."  I felt there WAS a level of cohesion, silence and energy which was palpable and pleasant.  Not quite as powerful as a group meditation in person, but quite nice nonetheless, and definitely worth repeating whenever occasions might arise.  Thanks so much, Liz, for hosting it on your Skype account.  I count this 100% successful, and I'm wondering if we have accomplished a first here--the first world-wide video meditation?!
Namaste,
Michael

Yonatan

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »
I loved this [:)] It was great, thanks everybody and Liz for hosting and Kami for the idea [:)]

Would definitely join the next skype meditation if it would come about and I would be able to [:)]

Much Love, enjoyed it a lot.

kami

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
Thank you Liz, and all!

Although my video didn't work, it was simply fantastic to share this experience with all of you, and then to hear all your voices [:)]

How about New Years day? Will that work for most?

Love you all [3]