Author Topic: A suggested method for snipping??  (Read 1647 times)

Manipura

• http://www.meghitchcock.com
A suggested method for snipping??
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 05:37:26 PM »
Melissa - I once cut too much, as you just did, and my tongue ached for days.  It slowed me down a lot.  I don't think there's a reason to go so fast, so I backed off considerably.  Now I snip about once a week, a good amount, but I no longer put my tongue in traction.  [xx(]  There's something just weird about mutilating oneself in order to hurry the process along.  It's like driving like a maniac through traffic, cutting people off and running red lights, just so you can get home to meditate.  [:)]

alan

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »
hey Alvin, how's it goin'?  yes, i guess i'm lucky[:p]  i don't think it's all that rare, is it?  within a couple weeks i was erect to the top of the pharynx and exploring the clefts in the rocks (nasal passages).  i've backed off some now and mostly just sit up there resting against the septum like it's home. it's like a little space that the attention gets whisked away into.  that's what i feel anyway.  i'd suggest maybe taking it easy on yourself and let it unfold as you apply your efforts with patience. i don't know, but maybe that will help things fall into place.  but really, you're the master of your reality and will do what you must.  i admire your passion.    peace and love,   alan

alan

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 06:22:08 PM »
BTW;  i forgot to mention, my practice is deep and fruitful even without kechari; first stage seems to have some conductivity, maybe just from pointing in the right direction?

david_obsidian

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 04:54:51 AM »
Meg said:
[xx(]  There's something just weird about mutilating oneself in order to hurry the process along.  It's like driving like a maniac through traffic, cutting people off and running red lights, just so you can get home to meditate.  [:)]

Hey,  watch it Meg!  [:D]  One of my friends,  a rather orthodox but not ultra-orthodox jew,  explained to me (as a joke) that religious judaism is a ladder -- and whatever rung you are on,  you can see that the guy above you is a fanatic,  and the guy below you isn't a real jew at all.  [:)]

So let it not be among the Kecharibans of AYP.  A person who does not clip at all,  might describe you as mutilating yourself,  or driving like a maniac.

Maybe I'm not driving like a maniac,  but rather,  getting into a helicopter and leaving all the traffic behind.   To do what I have done you need both the motivation to move fast,  and to have a helicopter at your disposal.  But there have been no run-red lights and no car-crashes in my wake.

With regards,  [;)]

-D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 05:57:58 AM by david_obsidian »

Alvin Chan

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 05:32:16 AM »
hi Alan-- Sounds you are doing really great. I think it's really rare to have a tongue like yours. By the way, how long have you been doing yoga (or something similar)?

If stage one is fine for me, I won't be snipping that quick. But no-- even stage one is not a comfortable place to stay in. It requires some efforts and that would distract my attention if I do it during my sitting practices. Also, if there's any conductivity, my effort on holding the tongue and the stretching of the frenum certainly outweight the effects. Frankly speaking there's not much noticeable effects if I stay in stage one. Shambhavi is much more ecstatic for me now.

It's still a loooonnnng way to go...

alan

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 10:23:23 AM »
how goes it tongue-master Alvin? [xx(][:0][:p]

you're right. stage one is cumbersome after awhile. i guess really what i do at times is nothing with my tongue; but usually i'm always in kechari. it's second nature now.

i mentioned somewhere around here that i've been practicing a form of Kriya Yoga for about six months. it's a gentle, easy approach where we deal primarily with the medulla to heart pranic breathing. when the Master, or Guru within, becomes one's breath, then the rest comes after that of it's own accord.     Love

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »
Alvin wrote:
"the metals may be of low quality and some (possibly neuro-toxic) metals/materials may go into my body"

Yes I didn't think of that. If you want to explore that avenue, they have instruments they use in surgery called "nerve hooks". There are all different shapes, and the purpose is to hook and move nerves out of the way from where the surgeons are working.

david_obsidian

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 03:01:38 PM »

Alvin said:
The only concern I've is that whether such tools are safe to put into my mouth. I worry that since they're roughly made(unlike a cutticle snipper which are for snipping skins) , the metals may be of low quality and some (possibly neuro-toxic) metals/materials may go into my body!!

I wouldn't expect much of a risk there.  I don't think instruments such as those tend to leak toxic metals.  The gripping head is probably made from good ol' cheap strong nontoxic steel.  You could probably find out from the manufacturer what it's made of if you want to be sure.

alan

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 01:16:13 PM »
hi Alvin;  hey i really do wish you well with kechari.   i shall consider my good fortune a blessing.  peace, alan

Yoda

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 01:45:24 AM »
I didn't know about that Norman Paulson book--thanks for the tip!

Here's a brainstorm:  instead of grabbing the frenum with the fingers, how about wrapping the tips of a needle nose pair of pliers with gauze?  I've not tried it, but it might could be an improvement.

If snipping feels hazardous and painful, don't do it--honor your guidance.  Only you know if it's the right thing for you.

-Yoda