Author Topic: almost unconscious  (Read 509 times)

Amdor

almost unconscious
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:04:26 PM »
hi all,

I had to stop for a few minutes with Chin Pump
Jalandhara because i had the feeling of having a black-out when i start the first swoop, can someone please tell me what that was and how to avoid that (if possible)

txs alot...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:43:12 PM by Amdor »

Richard

almost unconscious
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:03:15 AM »
Hi amdor

I haven't had any problems with this myself but I believe other people may have. here is part of yogani's lesson on chin pump that may help you.

In the beginning, there can be some side effects from the chin pump. They shouldn't last long. Some dizziness can happen. Maybe a slight headache. Maybe energy currents not experienced before in the upper body and head. It is a powerful practice, and we are making a bid to break through to a higher level of functioning in our nervous system, so there can be a few bumps in the road. For this reason, you may wish to begin your chin pump practice for the first time on a weekend when obligations will be less. Be methodical and don't overdo. If any symptoms become uncomfortable, back off practice immediately, and give yourself time to recover. Then you can come back later and try again, slowly. Honor your limits and use self-pacing. Self-pacing is very important with the chin pump. We are moving a lot of energy with this practice, up through channels where the energy has not been in such quantities before. And we are dealing with delicate components of our anatomy, our neck and head. If we want enlightenment, we have to nudge open the doors so the spiritual energies stirring inside us can find their natural neuro-biological functioning. The chin pump is a powerful way to open the doors between the heart and the head.

Victor

almost unconscious
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:32:32 AM »
Make sure that the movements of your head are guided as much as possible by the inner flow or the energy of teh breath rather than a muscular action of willing the head to make circles. Take it very slow and gently till you find your natural flow and rythm. I think that is the most important advice that I could give you on chin pump. That and don't overdo. Take it gently and it should be fine. Better than fine, this practice can release very deeply held resistances and even emotions. Its a really good practice, just need to use a great deal of sensitivity.

Amdor

almost unconscious
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »
Thank you, Richard and Victor for advice, i will do carefully [:)]

But I find myself still wondering  how can this happen its realy scarry to have the feeling to lose consciousness...

how can this happen?

Too much oxygen in the brain? or too much stretching of the spine?

txs again

Victor

almost unconscious
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 07:43:07 AM »
Basically I think that its doing something new that your system is not conditioned for. I do this practice every day for 20 minutes and its fine, although for awhile I got some very strange sensations in my neck and overall sense of body awareness. There is nothing wrong with the practice if done gently and with sensitivity. If you feel that you are blacking out then just relax and recover and find your own balance. The key is to be gentle with yourself especially while holding the breath you should feel no pressure in the head at all. Be sure to seal the breath by closing your throat when doing breath retention