Author Topic: Yoni Mudra and Golden ring?  (Read 4634 times)

solo

Yoni Mudra and Golden ring?
« on: December 17, 2008, 08:24:01 AM »
Hi All.

I just started YMK this week.  I had a really neat experience 2 days in a row.

When I start YMK  after 10 minute of spinal breathing, I see what looks like outer space to me (blackish-blue back drop with many lights or stars all over the place).  Gold light starts moving into the picture and concentrating.  Then the Golden ring forms.  It is a brilliant/bright golden ring.  Then on the 3rd time, the ring slowly fades away.

Would you say that this is a pretty typical experience?  I think it's beautiful.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »
Hi Solo,
Wonderful experience.
Yogani covers this in these lessons:
Lesson 92 - Q&A – The Star
Lesson 179 - Q&A – The star revisited

The golden ring has been discussed here:
Dharana Darshan and the Ring of Fire

You are doing very well. Just keep in mind not to get too caught up in it... enjoy it.. but try and favor the practice.. it is your practice that will lead you to many more of such wonderful experiences.

Enjoy.[:)]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:57:31 AM by Shanti »

x.j.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:55:01 AM »
Hi Solo,
Yes, that's right, the yellow ring is the result of yoni mudra practice.  But not only that, it will begin to occur as you progress, during your meditation without performing yoni mudra. It will begin to occur during your every day life, to a muted extent when you just close your eyes. It will be visible when first awakening from sleep.  Why? Because that is a reality of Anahata and of Ajna consciousness. So that you are experiencing a phenomenon that is a signal, a sign, that you are going in the right direction in your practices and lifestyle. I agree with Shanti that dwelling on this phenomenon is pointless. But on the other hand, you are enlarging the nadis and encouraging the psychoneurological transformation and development of your energetic system by this mudra. My Buddhist teacher told me that in his Theravedin tradition, this is said to be Anahata, the chakra of the heart. It is seen by some yogins.
 Other measures that will enhance this perception and also serve to thus dilate the nadis towards transformational development, is preceeding the yoni mudra by dynamic chin pump while squatting, and preceeding that with alternate nostril breathing. Then standing and doing the yoni mudra while standing. And especially by pressing your chest up against a wall while standing. These practices will all enhance the golden ring. Later, the gold ring will progress into a golden shaft or pillar of light, and from that, into a full visual field golden light. Observe these effects with eyes open while in a darkened room, while facing east, up against a wall upon you can push your chest.
Mid-day yoni mudra and the other mudras mentioned above, will result in a varient on the gold ring. It will manifest as first a field of variously colored stars, and then develop into a yellow disc as bright as the sun, instead of the ring effect.  
Ultimately, I believe the significance of these visual phenomena are the product of moving energy into the Anahata and Ajna chakras, past a constriction that is beginning to loosen. So the visual effects are merely a good sign. Whether the yogin exits his physical body at the time of physical death THROUGH the center of the yellow ring, is perhaps a hunch though this idea is somewhat confirmed as a basic concept in the yogic literature.
Just a few observations not within the purview of the lessons and teachings presented on this website by administrators.
x.j.

solo

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »
Thank you both!  Your wisdom is much appreciated.  Once my yoni mudra practice stabilizes a bit more, I will try the advanced mesures that you suggested XJ.  

Also, I do have some slight pain between my shoulder blades.  I figure that this is my heart chakra either opening, cleansing, or changing in some way.  Any suggestions on things to do to esnure that this goes smoothly?  Or should I simly continue on the path outlined in the lessons as i have eben doing?

x.j.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 03:44:33 AM »
Hi Solo,
Yes, Anahata can be perceived vibrating in the area you describe. That is a good sign that you are progressing in the right direction with your practices as well.

Though I speak outside of the program represented on this website, I would personally advise that when there is a perception like this of Anahata, to rest in that awareness. The Heart resonating is a very beautiful perception. The Heart is our center.
x.j.

alwayson2

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:02:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by x.j.

Hi Solo,
Then standing and doing the yoni mudra while standing. And especially by pressing your chest up against a wall while standing. These practices will all enhance the golden ring. Later, the gold ring will progress into a golden shaft or pillar of light, and from that, into a full visual field golden light. Observe these effects with eyes open while in a darkened room, while facing east, up against a wall upon you can push your chest.

Interesting and unique advice.

I am actively trying to see the golden ring, so I will try this out in combination with kechari mudra stage 3.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:34:18 AM by alwayson2 »

alwayson2

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 04:02:02 AM »
I did YMK in kechari stage 3 in the middle of sleep last night, during a bathroom break.  I got all these crazy lights, the first attempt.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:16:31 AM by alwayson2 »

michaelangelo7

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »
scintillating point-light is sighted in the Sushumna (the centre of the Ajna Chakra) |
Behold (this point), O brother, with the curtains of your eyelids down

(The spiritual practitioner) who stills his sight in the Third Til (Sushumna, or the centre or the Ajna Chakra), |
Moves beyond his body and enters into the macrocosm.

The inner sky, studded with sparkling stars, is laid open
-Maha Rishi Mehi Paramahamsa
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SantMatFellowship/message/2321

I have read of many gurus seeing a sky studded with stars, you are not the only one solo, sorry this answer came 2 years too late, I dont think it has anything to do with a mudra or body position because Maharishi Mehi and other saints practice meditation at the ajna alone and nothing else, no breathing, postures, mudras etc....

the lights are a sign that your 3rd eye is open, so that is very good
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:43:38 AM by michaelangelo7 »

alwayson2

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:37 AM »
does it have to be dark in the room to see the ring during YMK?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:33:26 AM by alwayson2 »

SeySorciere

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Hey ! I started seeing the golden ring three days ago after some 6 weeks of adding Yoni mudra to my practices; first seeing it on the breath retention and losing it on breathing out; now it stays there for the duration of YMK and slightly beyond.

alwayson2

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 05:12:41 AM »
I did some yoni mudra last night, when I naturally had some blue and black splotches going on.

Due to the oxygen deprivation I was able to see a horizontal cosmic cleft with gray swirls top and bottom.  

I feel that was the closest I have come to seeing the ring so far, but someone must confirm.

It would be really helpful if there was a list of visionary signs before you see the ring.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:49:52 AM by alwayson2 »

Arim

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 06:56:55 AM »
Something that I'm curious about with the ring.  When I'm in the dark and look to the right,  I see a ring in the center with the left eye and when I look to the left then I see a ring in the center with the right eye.  Can anyone help me out with an explanation?
Thanks,
Arim

idiotegue

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 12:42:47 AM »
Hi all, I've seen the ring too when I was practicing YMK. It was mostly purple, and later I've seen more of them behind of each other forming almost a tube.

Amdor

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 04:55:01 AM »
yesterday I had one of my most beautiful experiences with yoni mudra....
i saw a golden golden light full with sparkling stars and after some time the stars changed colour, must be great if you can can observe that without yoni mudra
[:D]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:00:21 AM by Amdor »

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 05:01:57 AM »
[:D]

Lately I have been seeing a bright golden yellow circle of light during Yoni Mudra Spinal Breathing....and it is bordered with a rainbow....it is very beautiful and fills me with ecstatic response.

Love!
[^]