Author Topic: What is the basis for making "the star" appear?  (Read 808 times)

alwayson

What is the basis for making "the star" appear?
« on: August 13, 2008, 04:44:02 AM »

Kechari?  something else?

gumpi

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 04:58:51 AM »
From a purely physiological point of view, the basis for the star appearing is oxygen deficit, pressing on the eyes to make blood flow stop, constricting the throat which reduces blood pressure and so on.  

As to the star appearing independent of this, i have no idea.  I suspect it has more to do with sleep states than anything to do with geniuses.

Srinivas_Mallya

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:07:45 AM »
Yoni Mudra (AYP Way) after Pranayama before Deep Meditation can help us to See the Lights and eventually a Star at the Centre of the Brow. The practice should be consistent in the Routine
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:19:46 AM by Srinivas_Mallya »

Juliet

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 11:14:59 AM »
I have also read that the star is dependent on yoni mudra, that in regular practices that don't include yoni mudra you don't get the star.

One thing: Oxygen deficiency can't really explain astonishing geometric perfection that can occur.

Googling "star" and "yoni mudra" yields interesting supporting anecdotes, like this from an Indian Kriya practitioner:

"The state in which the mind is placed at a point between the eyebrows is called yoni mudra. In this mudra, you create stillness by closing your eyes and pressing your eyelids. Then you see a golden circle in this stillness. Within this circle you see a blue sphere and inside that a violet light with a five-point star. "It is through this star that the soul goes out and unites with the higher consciousness." http://www.lifepositive.com/spirit/traditional-paths/kriya-yoga/madabusi.asp

Juliet

emc

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »
I don't do yoni mudra and still experience the star sometimes, so it is possible.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 10:40:23 PM »
I agree with emc,

I have seen the star during meditation, and I also don't do Yoni mudra.

I think you just need to go deep into the mind, whilst bringing the mind to stillness and silence. I am sure YM and YMK helps, as others have attested elsewhere in this forum.

Christ

gumpi

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 12:46:46 AM »
Perhaps the biggest thing is devotion to God and renunciation.  The more of these you have the easier it becomes to concentrate and still the mind while relaxing the more the chance the star appears.  

I think a key thing here is surrender to death.  Are you ready to die?  If you feel you are ready to die you will see the star and pass through it like the near-death experience.

Someone told me that the 5 pointed star is one of many manifestations and it is principally involved with the ajna chakra, whereas the star of David (six points) is the heart chakra.  I don't know if this information is accurate but it is interesting to me.

In the Sant Mat traditions sound comes before light.  And so sounds could possibly make geometrical patterns.  There were experiments with music where certain patterns like yantras developed when exposed to the AUM sound, symphonys etc.