Author Topic: yoni mudra kumbhaka before rest  (Read 1621 times)

emc

yoni mudra kumbhaka before rest
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 06:03:24 AM »
I'm feeling envy as I read this thread... I'd like to try all of those things, but I'm having kundalini eczemas almost all the time in spite of active self-pacing, just doing

(Asanas, Yoganis short version, 2-3min, very seldom since it causes a lot more energy flowing... only do it sometimes when I'm really stressed to calm down after work)
SB  2-3 min
CP  1-2 rounds/breaths in each direction
DM  8-10 min
Samyama, one round of 9 sutras
Rest 10-15 min

From this state... would it be helping and balancing to start cosmic samyama, do you think? Or on the contrary, should I perhaps quit some of the excercises I do?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:06:40 AM by emc »

tadeas

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 06:34:08 AM »
Hey emc, don't worry, I've had to seriously self-pace all the kumbhakas and the chin pump because of the eczemas... They're not nice :)

I'd say try cosmic samyama for a few days and you'll see. In my experience cosmic samyama was very very balancing for most of the time. There was usually a huge amount of energy flowing after practices, but after doing cosmic samyama it all calmed down, especially after falling into a sort of coma, which usually ate all the energy and even left me feeling cold. But since some crown activity started in cosmic samyama, it doesn't have that much of a calming effect because of an energy pull from the crown which is really testing my level of purification :) and it can be too much.

If you test it and self-pace I'm sure it'll be ok, it's a great practice. :)

emc

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 06:37:55 AM »
Thanks tadeas, I'll try it with caution!

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »
Hi Yogani,

Thanks for that clarification. I think my problems could have come from a doubling-up effect of adding cosmic samyama whilst I was still experimenting with “testing at the crown” from lesson 199. It had been a few months already that I had been going through the testing procedure (if I remember rightly), so it was still early days. In fact that was a couple of years ago and it still feels like early days now [:)].
 But I have a bit more stablility now, so I will add cosmic samyama back in soon and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

Christi