Author Topic: Attention automatically goes to crown  (Read 649 times)

Jack

Attention automatically goes to crown
« on: June 14, 2008, 06:08:47 AM »
Hey,

I've introduced spinal breathing to my routine, just a couple of minutes per session before meditation.

I've noticed on the inhale, as the attention comes up into the head, that there is some difficulty in turning attention forward towards the third eye. In fact, it feels like some energy goes straight up to the crown chakra, involuntarily.

Just thought I would mention this - any need to 'do' anything, or just keep on keeping on?

Divineis

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »
ermm, be aware of your tendency of sending energy to the crown, know that this can cause imbalances, know that subconsciously, you probably desire a little bit of drama and want this whole spiritual growth thing to happen quickly, and... keep on doing what you're doing :) (ughh, i'm way too honest sometimes haha...). Just get to know the process and be honest with yourself about where you're at and where you want to be.

I had the tendency of sending more energy up than down, I reckon it was a subconscious thing. I started doing the opposite, just to get to know the process... I feel my up and down spinal breathing is quite balanced now.

Jack

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »
No worries, Divineis - you may have hit the mark there. I sure am in a rush!

Thanks for the tips.

Christi

• Advanced Yoga Practices
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 02:02:42 AM »
Hi Jack

quote:

I've introduced spinal breathing to my routine, just a couple of minutes per session before meditation.

I've noticed on the inhale, as the attention comes up into the head, that there is some difficulty in turning attention forward towards the third eye. In fact, it feels like some energy goes straight up to the crown chakra, involuntarily.

Just thought I would mention this - any need to 'do' anything, or just keep on keeping on?

This is normal. Spinal breathing is designed to activate the crown. Yogani mentions it in one of the main lessons where he says that every time the attention is brought through the centre of the head, a small amount of energy will go up through the crown, and that in this way the crown is gently opened "by proxy".
So don't worry, just let the energy do it's thing and all will unfold in time. Just make sure that at the end of the in-breath your attention is at the third eye, or going out in front of the third eye. You can jump there from the crown if need be.

These days I always have energy moving in my crown during SB and I have to concentrate hard to bring the third eye into the process.

Christi

Christi

Jack

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 06:02:13 AM »
Thanks, Christi.