Author Topic: a neat pic for kechari  (Read 915 times)

Kyman

Kyman

yogani

• AYP Plus
a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:11:38 AM »
Good one, Kyman!

"A picture is worth 1000 words" -- as in lesson 108, and quite a few words since.

The guru is in you.

lucidinterval1

a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 12:52:43 AM »
Wow! Thanks for sharing Kyman. These are great pictures.
Paul

Alvin Chan

a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 02:16:59 AM »
Very nice, Kyman. I am far from there yet, but it will be exceptionally useful for non-native speaker to understand where precisely you guys mean[:)]

By the way, may I take this opportunity to ask if anyone have a reference picture on the path we should trace during spinal breathing? Without a picture, in the first few months I actually did it wrong (I went around the top of the head before reaching the third eye). I corrected it several months ago. But I want to make sure I'm really doing this important practice correctly.

The position of the third eye, for example, is described differently in different texts. In spinal breathing, should I reach the surface between the eyeblows?

A side-view picture would be most helpful.

Kyman

a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »
Alvin, when youa are in the book store, check the yoga books relating to energy/prana/chi.  Often they have wonderful illustrations of the inner body.

You are like me, you see the image in a book and suddenly the same area becomes active in the body.  It's fun to read about yoga because as I read I feel it coming alive inside.  To study is to meditate!

Kyman

a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 12:14:23 PM »
My septum feels like a funny shape?

I would imagine this structure is not uniform.  Anyone else have the same experience of asymetry?

david_obsidian

a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 01:05:51 AM »
You may have a mildly-deviated septum.  Check out this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviated_septum

It is common for nasal septums to depart from the exact centerline; the septum is only considered deviated if the shift is substantial or is adversely affecting the patient. Many people with a deviation are unaware they have it until some discomfort is produced. But by itself a deviated septum can go for years without being detected and thus be without any real need for correction.

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 03:59:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

You may have a mildly-deviated septum.  Check out this article:

Thanks David. This morning after Shamyama.. this is the exact thought that came into my head and I thought I should tell Kyman.. but then I forgot.. heh heh heh.. getting old...[:D]
Kyman in this thread http://www.aypsite.com/plus-forum/index.php?topic=1395 you said "My nostrils seem to be closed a good bit of the time."
This may be a sign of deviated septum.. a couple of my friends have/had  it.. and one had surgery to fix it. If you have trouble breathing, you may want to get it checked out by a doc..

Kyman

a neat pic for kechari
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 11:01:25 AM »
Thanks guys, I am in the process of making the appointment.