Author Topic: Arms moving during pranayama  (Read 456 times)

Mr.Meditator

Arms moving during pranayama
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »
I've been following the AYP lessons about three months, and about a week and a half ago, I added mulabandha and sambhavi to my pranayama practice. After a couple of sessions, I noticed my arms starting to pivot back and forth during my pranayama. This has continued ever since it started. When it happens my hands rest on my knees while my elbows jump or lurch back and forth. I don't experience any pain. I just continue with my ten minute practice. After the pranayama I move on to twenty minutes of deep meditation and the arm-moving stops.

Outside of practice, I feel fine. The arm-moving isn't causing me any trouble that I can see, but I'm thinking it's a kundalini symptom. I've read lesson 69 about kundalini symptoms, but I can't decide whether this is something major or minor. Is this a sign that I need to revert to pranayama without mulabandha and sambhavi, or is it fine to continue as long as I feel comfortable and safe? I just don't want to keep doing my practice with my elbows lurching and then have it prelude to more unforeseen kundalini problems in the future.

AumNaturel

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 03:40:14 AM »
Hi Mr.Meditator,
have a look through the 'Automatic Yoga (and movements)' section of the topic index as it sounds like what you're experiencing. Apparently they can also happen at other times and in various other forms, but as long as it is ignored it should fade away with time, though I haven't had any of the sort to really know what it's like.

Holy

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 06:03:23 AM »
Hi Mediator,

happens and calms down again. Even if it should get more problematic, you can still decrease the amounts a little or go more into activity. Both will help, but as long as life itself is nice, keep it up :)

Btw, it can also happen, that the arms start a dance together with finger mudras, like Krishna or Shiva is dancing through you :P Nothing to worry about, just let it be and come back to the sushumna nadi :)

peace and hf

Mr.Meditator

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 03:22:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to keep going with my practices. I look forward to an exciting spiritual journey...it's been great so far! [8D]