Author Topic: 10 month meditation  (Read 1085 times)

vishnu

10 month meditation
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »
Dear friends,I watched a documentary on the Discovery channel. In Tibet  15years  boy meditating for 10 months without food and drink under the same type of tree Bhuddha did. That's what we call mind over matter.

nearoanoke

10 month meditation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 01:42:19 AM »
yeah someone posted a link with his photo on this forum few days back. When ppl compare him with buddha,it seems he doesnt agree saying that he is on a much lesser level than buddha where buddha was.

nearoanoke

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 01:47:58 AM by nearoanoke »

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
10 month meditation
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 02:34:16 AM »
People see someone meditating intensely and worship them....why don't the people themselves meditate intensely?

-Scott

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
10 month meditation
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 03:19:19 AM »
Its amazing a 15 year old would have that much attention span. Then also with him at puberty, it kinda speaks for reincarnation.
saying he's on a lesser level than buddha could be an incredible soul, or it could be someone wishing people to believe that.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt however, because I couldn't do it for 10 days!
But the real test is how he will interact with society later. Will he become another buddha, or a recluse?
No judgement either way, but one gets more kudos.

Jim and His Karma

10 month meditation
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 04:04:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Its amazing a 15 year old would have that much attention span. Then also with him at puberty, it kinda speaks for reincarnation.

On contrary, I think it's easier for a 15 year old boy.  And puberty is an excellent kundalini opportunity. Kundalini awakening itself feels like puberty.

Jim and His Karma

10 month meditation
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 04:10:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

People see someone meditating intensely and worship them....why don't the people themselves meditate intensely?

Yup, it's one of the greatest ironies of human experience. One can hear Jesus, Buddha, and the rest shouting back through the eons: don't idolize me, emulate me!

Alas, "follow" means to slavishly obey as well as to take as model and precedent. The confusion is built right into the language.

yogani

• AYP Plus
10 month meditation
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 05:05:10 AM »
Hi All:

I read somewhere that this remarkable young man went missing in March, and no one has seen him since. Anyone have more information on this?

The guru is in you.
--------------

Sent to me in an email recently -- source of information unknown:

Ram Bahadur Bomjon (born May 9, 1989, sometimes Bomjan or Banjan), also known as Palden Dorje (his official Buddhist name), is a young Buddhist monk from Ratanapuri village, Bara district, Nepal who has drawn thousands of visitors and media attention for spending months in meditation allegedly without food or water. Nicknamed the Buddha Boy, he began his meditation on May 16, 2005, and went missing on March 11, 2006. His present whereabouts, as well as the reasons and circumstances for his disappearance, are unknown...  

david_obsidian

10 month meditation
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 07:21:36 AM »
I hate to be the skeptic with the can of cold water --- actually I take that back -- I love to be the skeptic with the can of cold water.  [8D] But I personally believe there is fraud going on,  particularly in the claim of going 11 months without ingesting anything.  There are thousands and thousands of such claims in the long human history of 'holy' status-seeking.

Universally,  these claimants have either avoided examination by sophisticated skeptical examiners,  or failed the examinations.

See also

http://www.skepticwiki.org/wiki/index.php/Breatharianism

My guess is that the boy wants to do something else with his life.  Maybe he'll show up in AYP some day.  [:)]

That's what I believe.  You are all free to believe otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 07:25:33 AM by david_obsidian »

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
10 month meditation
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 08:35:23 AM »
Actually, when I read the wikipedia on him, it said that every night they put a curtain around him.

-Scott

david_obsidian

10 month meditation
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 08:43:05 AM »
Yeah.  Gobbling at night is the lowest-tech way of pretending not to eat.  That was Terese Neumann's way  I heard.

But skilled illusionists can carry it off while they are under observation 24/7. That's why an examiner of these claims has to be sophisticated in order to be worthwhile: they have to know the scams in order to detect them.

Jim and His Karma

10 month meditation
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 09:00:57 AM »

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
10 month meditation
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 09:20:01 AM »
David wrote:
"My guess is that the boy wants to do something else with his life."

Either that or the same thing without the gawkers. jeezus, he had three fences surrounding him, the whole area engulfed in trash, thousands of followers and "guides", busses, street vendors. the fences were to keep people from poking him with a stick!!

Jim Wrote:
"On contrary, I think it's easier for a 15 year old boy. And puberty is an excellent kundalini opportunity. Kundalini awakening itself feels like puberty."

I know a lot of 15 year old boys. None of them can sit still for five minutes. They talk constantly to their friends and about girls. they have no interest in something that can't be seen.
Of course they may be the minority as most of them are "B-Boys", who are known for excess energy, but I doubt it. You can read their blogs on MySpace, and none of them have an interest in sitting still.

david_obsidian

10 month meditation
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 02:00:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

he needs this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1572243279

LOL!  [:D]  Jim,  you're bad.  Which makes me feel much more comfortable,  thanks.  We should send him a copy,  and write in the URL of AYP for future use!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:04:22 PM by david_obsidian »

Jim and His Karma

10 month meditation
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 02:52:45 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

David wrote:
Jim Wrote:
"On contrary, I think it's easier for a 15 year old boy. And puberty is an excellent kundalini opportunity. Kundalini awakening itself feels like puberty."

I know a lot of 15 year old boys. None of them can sit still for five minutes. They talk constantly to their friends and about girls. they have no interest in something that can't be seen.
Of course they may be the minority as most of them are "B-Boys", who are known for excess energy, but I doubt it. You can read their blogs on MySpace, and none of them have an interest in sitting still.

That's because they're brimming with energy. And sexual energy is spiritual energy that hasn't raised up yet. It's easy for people with the sap flowing than for dried out crispy dead-eyed folks who patiently follow all instructions but simply lack the juice.

And, per my conversation with Katrine in another thread, just becasue you've got tons of energy going doesn't mean silence isn't attainable.