Author Topic: Light version of SBP  (Read 668 times)

kaserdar

Light version of SBP
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:08:13 AM »
Hello,

I have asthma and haven't been able to comfortable do SBP in my two years of AYP practice. Most of my discomfort is psychological. I'm not able be easy with breath and So I can't just let go. Interestingly, when I'm calm after DM, only then I can go and do deep breathing.

So I just wanted to ask if there would be a way do to SBP with normal cycle of breath or a bit longer then that?

Thank you

cosmic

Light version of SBP
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:15:21 AM »
You can breathe normally while doing SBP. Whatever is comfortable for you is good enough. I tend to breathe slower and deeper during SBP, but that's only because I am relaxed and therefore breathing more consciously. Comfort is essential, so if it gets too uncomfortable, please back off as needed. Best wishes to you <3

kaserdar

Light version of SBP
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
Thank you Cosmic

kaserdar

Light version of SBP
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:20:26 AM »
Hello,

When I start practicing this "light" version of SBP, I get throat infections. Similarly, I practiced breath meditation in the past and that gave me throat infection too. So I wanted to ask if any blockage and raising energy in that area can cause this?

Thank you

Shanti

• http://livingunbound.net/
Light version of SBP
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »
Yes... sore throats that come up due to practices are due to blocks.

I am one of those people who dont fall sick too often (think its called being a mom [;)])... but at times when I am going through throat purification I get sore throats very often for a period of few months (at times) and then it goes away.  

Victor

Light version of SBP
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
It could either be due to increased circulation in the throat area flushing out old waste products, or could be due to irritation due to excess practice or practicing in a mechanical way rather than with sensitivity to the energy flow of the breath