Author Topic: Miracle (?) in a temple town in south India  (Read 1695 times)

ajna

Miracle (?) in a temple town in south India
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

Ajna, I have to strongly disagree with you, the ramifications are far from excellent. If I could fly, I wouldn't show it off. I wouldn't even do it, there's no use. Why fly when you can walk and smell the roses along the way? haha   . Trust me, if you're after Siddhis, and end up tearing away the layer between you and your subconscious mind too early, it is not cool, it's not helpful to your enlightenment unless you have a very strong unswayable untemptable mind. This I know from experience... I wasn't even after Siddhis. And those who laugh and go "oh, my mind is strong, I could handle it"... imagine the devil tempting you with your own mind, with temptations built exactly according to worldly desires that still reside within you. It's not light stuff.

I agree fully that siddhis do not necessarily help one get enlightened. Iam looking at siddhis purely from the point of day-to-day usage in the dualistic world. Unless one is a recluse in the forest, one has to undergo the rigours of the daily life. For example we depend on fossil fuel based transportation in our daily life, which is polluting the environment. Why not adopt a new form of clean transportation (flying or teleportation) which prevents pollution and provides a degree of personal freedom, which will help in the process of enlightenment.

Cheers

Divineis

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 05:54:13 PM »
haha, how great it's gonna be when most of the world is enlightened and the miraculous becomes ordinary... the ordinary becomes miraculous.

I still can't see how flying helps enlightenment though. It might be a bi-product of it... though I always side with "if I don't know it to be true, I don't bother too much". Find me a guy who can actually do or teach a safe way to teach levitation\\teleportation, and then we'll talk. I need absolute verifiable proof. None of this "have faith", one foot in one foot out kinda business.

Suryakant

• http://www.myspace.com/jdsmall
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 12:58:52 AM »
It's analogous to manipulating a lucid dream. It can be helpful if it manifests as a kriya of purification which immediately yields complete and permanent liberation from all desire to ever repeat the experience.

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 09:26:50 AM »
I'm all for eliminating fossil fuel dependence. Choose to live where you can walk to the local farmer's market and walk or bike to work. Oh yeah; nobody would be impressed. . .
As spiritual energy increases greatly in the next few years, many people will be able to perform siddhis. Then it will become more important than ever that AYP practitioners know what the energy is really for.

ajna

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

haha, how great it's gonna be when most of the world is enlightened and the miraculous becomes ordinary... the ordinary becomes miraculous.

I still can't see how flying helps enlightenment though. It might be a bi-product of it... though I always side with "if I don't know it to be true, I don't bother too much". Find me a guy who can actually do or teach a safe way to teach levitation\\teleportation, and then we'll talk. I need absolute verifiable proof. None of this "have faith", one foot in one foot out kinda business.

I agree this is yet to be become a teachable technique, iam looking at it as any other technology and not related to getting enlightened. Excerpts from a interesting article

http://www.americanantigravity.com/levitation101.shtml

Cheers

Another understanding may come from a holistic view of the Observer Effect. This is the theory that the act of observing creates reality. This theory arises from the phenomena observed in the famous double-slit experiment: direct observation changes the position of moving particles as they travel through slits in a partition. It is thought that particles traveling unobserved travel as waves and have a greater potential of entering both slits. When observed, however, the particles act as particles and enter only one slit. Scientists call this phenomenon of observation “collapsing the wave function.”

Dr. Fred Alan Wolf in his latest book, “Parallel Universes,” illustrates how theorists have applied these fundamental ideas of quantum physics to involve not just the particles and waves of the quantum world but entire universes.

As I understand Dr. Wolf, the leading theory of reality these days is the “Many Worlds Theory.” It is also described as the “Parallel Universe Theory.” Regardless, both perspectives tell us that we have an infinite number of realities to choose from.

But how did we get an infinite number? Again, as I understand Dr. Wolf, Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle plays a crucial role. That concept says that we cannot know both the location and the momentum of a particle or object. They can be anywhere and everywhere, so it is thought that sub-atomic particles exist in clouds of potentials.

Let’s say an electron exists in a cloud of vast infinite potential around its nucleus. Dr. Wolf gives a wonderful illustration of how those potentials can be collapsed into one reality.

He suggests this collapsing is like entering a theater with an infinite number of slide projectors. Each projector has one slide in it, one potential. When we view the whole theater we see a “cloud” of projectors, but only one projector gets turned on at a time, so when we focus on the screen to see the picture, we see only one reality at a time. We “observe” only one of the many potential slides of reality. Now, Wolf says this model is how an electron selects a reality.

But, how about us and our lives? Can we enter that same theater and observe any one of an infinite number of macro-reality slide projectors? Do we, just like an electron cloud around an atom, “observer-effect” our existence into being every split second of our lives, choosing from an ever-changing, vastly infinite number of slide-projector-reality potentials? As I understand Dr. Wolf and the “Many Worlds Theory,” we do.

So, following that understanding, logic tells us that there exists, right now, a potential for every one of us to levitate. We can choose that potential. We can select and observe it into reality. The question is for those of us who endeavor to levitate, why don’t we? What gets in the way? It’s like, “Okay. Beam me up, Scotty,” but we don’t get beamed (or levitated). What blocks that potential from coming forward?

Could it be that the “Observer Effect Process” is more than just a mental exercise? Are our observing faculties so hard-wired to social expectations, emotional awareness, or the conditions of our day-to-day world that we can’t levitate? Does that mean we must pull the plug on that conditioning in order to levitate?

That might be why trance states are required. St. Joseph wasn’t “emotionally grounded” to the standard reality, so he was free to fully observe a levitating state. Is that how it works? Do we need to be free of what “ties” us to reality to be able to fly above it? Is levitation a state dependent upon psychology as much as it is upon the standard laws of quantum physics? Do our attitudes and expectations, neigh, our requirements for existence and identity, determine the nature of our reality? It appears so.

The Observer Effect seems to be dependent upon absolute acceptance, a state of mind beyond fear or consternation. Stan Kendz, the yogic flyer, even seems to feel that we need a global acceptance of the potential to have full-scale levitation come forward as a reality. Whew! Yet, some Maharishi students have sufficient acceptance to rise thirty inches. And what about St. Joe? He levitated in the face of enormous ridicule and political opposition.

As much as social acceptance may be a factor, isn’t it really just one more field to deal with? Can’t a mind that can hold the focus of levitation also turn off the doubts of the world? Ramtha the Enlightened One, an entity who channels through a woman named JZ Knight, offers a perspective that sheds more light on the mechanics of levitation and consciousness.

Ramtha discusses levitation in his treatise, “Buddha’s Neuronet for Levitation: Opening the Lotus of a Thousand Petals.” In this booklet, Ramtha describes levitation as a process of organizing the energetic fields of the body, what he calls the “bands” of the body. He says that these “bands” can create what he calls a “resonant field” which, as I understand it, is a field altered dynamically to the ambient gravity-driven field around us. Specifically, he says:

“Now . . . when an entity levitates, it is because they have changed the resonant field of their bands. They are actually encased in a bubble of frequency that is greater than the time/space dimension that they are presently existing in.”

ajna

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

As spiritual energy increases greatly in the next few years, many people will be able to perform siddhis. Then it will become more important than ever that AYP practitioners know what the energy is really for.

Yes Ether, 2012 is predicted as the magical year where dormant siddhis in our DNA will supposedly get activated. Lets wait fingers crossed [:)]

Cheers

Divineis

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 05:08:35 AM »
Ajna, have any of the above cases been scientifically documented and proven? Quantum physics is cool and all, but it offers no evidence that such a thing is possible. It goes the other way too of course, it offers no evidence that such a thing is impossible... tis the paradox of the quantum world.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:01:45 AM by Divineis »