Author Topic: Miracle (?) in a temple town in south India  (Read 1694 times)

ajna

Miracle (?) in a temple town in south India
« on: February 22, 2008, 04:12:42 PM »
This is a youtube recording of a TV news clipping, showing a Siddha propelling like a jet, captured by a mobile phone camera. The news is in a regional language called Tamil, please look towards the end of the clip for the demonstration of the yogic flight. This took place in the temple town of Thiruvannamalai which is famous for the Shiva temple, ancient siddha tradition and Ramana Maharishi's ashram.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3DdkEWIwJtU

Cheers

AYPforum

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:39 AM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

LittleTurtle

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:34:37 AM »
Holy Catfish! [:p]

Scott

• http://www.theonebreath.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 11:34:16 AM »
That siddha is flying too fast...poor technique.  You might hit a bird on the way up!  I prefer the slow rise approach.

Just kidding.  In all seriousness, I couldn't tell what was happening in the video.

Jim and His Karma

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »
The bright green ignition flash was a very cool touch, I thought...

ajna

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 04:07:16 PM »
Even assuming this is a fake video (which i doubt), i believe there are accomplished siddhas in this town and elsewhere in the world, who can perform siddhic feats like the flight. There are quite a few predictions that as we move towards the magical year of 2012, the paranormal abilities dormant in humans will start kicking alive whether we like it or not. There are quite a few indications in this direction including the AYP and its wonderful forum members.

http://www.articlesbase.com/self-improvement-articles/super-psychic-kids-287696.html

Thanks

Nirodha

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
That video could have been showing puppet on a string, since it was unclear.

ajna

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 04:19:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Nirodha

That video could have been showing puppet on a string, since it was unclear.

If the video is viewed in smaller size (there is a widget control in bottom right corner of the flashplayer embed in youtube, to do this) it is little bit more clear. I attribute some credibility to it as it was reported in a major news channel in this part of the India, neverthless you never know!!

Jim - the green ignition seems to be the robe of the Siddha [8D]

Cheers

ajna

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »
It is hard to dispute this levitation video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47pRIniVg1Y&feature=related

Cheers

Etherfish

• http://www.myspace.com/electromar
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 04:15:14 AM »
Oh come on, Britney Spears ex-boyfriend is a stage magician. It's amazing the tricks magicians do today; make airliners disappear in front of an audience, etc. Don't be so gullible.

emc

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 05:55:21 AM »
How do they do it? Just saw another Criss Angel video where he got an elephant appear from nothing. What's the secret?

weaver

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 06:13:53 AM »
Hi emc,

Criss Angel is apparently a magician creating 'magic' videos. It's not too hard to pay a crowd of people to behave in a certain way for a video. It has been suggested that when he walked on the water in the pool, as an example, he may as well have walked on plexiglass. Etc. And, editing video to create almost anything can be done as well.

emc

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 06:21:02 AM »
Oki, that's quite reasonable - that they're all acting on the video's. Doesn't he have live shows as well with a real audience?

ajna

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »
Iam looking at these stuff with an open mind. If it is true, the ramifications are excellent. If we can learn these tricks as well, there will not be any need for tranportation system (and hence no fossil fuel dependence), as we can fly around [8D]

Cheers

Divineis

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 08:05:40 AM »
I say it was fake. It's way too simple to put together something like this. Especially with the low resolution, and just the manner of his flight. He could of at least gone in a superman pose haha. Fake or not, honestly, I don't think it matters. Siddhi's of this nature would MORE THAN just get in the way of most people's enlightenment.

It wouldn't be "I want to cultivate unconditional love" anymore... it'd be more along the lines of "I wanna fly" or "read minds" or whatever.

I know Siddhi's have *almost* a built in safety... where moving in stillness must be cultivated first, but that's exactly the problem. These things would be getting in the way of moving in stillness.

I've had my own encounters with certain Siddhi's before. I wish I didn't. Opening up ones subconscious mind too early is not fun. There's no off switch. There's a really good reason why people that actually have siddhi's keep quiet about it. Which is why, again... I believe this video is fake.

Ajna, I have to strongly disagree with you, the ramifications are far from excellent. If I could fly, I wouldn't show it off. I wouldn't even do it, there's no use. Why fly when you can walk and smell the roses along the way? haha   . Trust me, if you're after Siddhis, and end up tearing away the layer between you and your subconscious mind too early, it is not cool, it's not helpful to your enlightenment unless you have a very strong unswayable untemptable mind. This I know from experience... I wasn't even after Siddhis. And those who laugh and go "oh, my mind is strong, I could handle it"... imagine the devil tempting you with your own mind, with temptations built exactly according to worldly desires that still reside within you. It's not light stuff.