Author Topic: A Brand New Vibe  (Read 1133 times)

CarsonZi

• http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/CarsonZi
A Brand New Vibe
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:21:34 AM »
Namaste friends,

Lately I have been noticing a real change in the way strangers react to my presence, but have kinda just thought that maybe I was looking for it and seeing it, or that it was only temporary. (it may still be temporary I don't know for sure.)  But last night I decided to take my wife out for dinner (as it was my one evening this week off work and the last thing I wanted to do was cook dinner[;)]) and she made a comment that validated that what I have been noticing myself is indeed happening and others are noticing as well.  As I may have said in a few other postings, I am pretty much covered from neck to ankles in tattoos.  Bright, in your face tattoos too.  Big pot leaves and mushrooms, fractals, DNA strands and molecular structures, OM symbols, ruined cathedrals, outer space scenes, naked women, you name it, I got it.  I am pretty used to people staring at me, and pretty used to giving off a bit of a scary vibe and it is obvious that most people pick up on this.  This seems to happen pretty consistantly with waitresses at restaurants.  They usually seem either incredibly intimidated and scared, or they seem very standoffish and rude.  Both stem from an awkwardness due to the "vibe" I put off.  But as I said, recently I have been noticing a big difference in the way strangers react to me.  So last night, (without me ever having said anything about my vibe in the past or present, positive or negative) my wife made a comment to me about how she has really been noticing a difference in how people act towards me.  She commented on how the waitress didn't seem nervous or awkward around me and in fact seemed really open and friendly, and that she had noticed this in a few other circumstances as well.  We talked about this for a while and she informed me that she noticed in the past the fact that people, (women especially) seem to act the way I described above to me, and that she has been noticing even herself a big difference in the "vibe" I am giving off now.  She says my vibe is much more laid back and relaxed and much more open and loving then it has ever been in the past.  I feel this in myself as well but am never sure if I am just imagining it or not.  Anyways, just wanted to share a little milestone for me along the way.  Thanks for sharing this with me.

Love,
Carson[^]

gumpi

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 06:18:27 AM »
it's all good.  Just means maybe you aren't stuck so much in your own little brain any more.  Something like that.  Pot is good, i should know.  But seriously, sounds like you are doing well.

Divineis

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »
Sounds awesome Carson, I'm happy for ya :).

YogaIsLife

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:52:53 AM »
Good stuff Carson. Keep on pouring out those good vibes [:D]

Steve

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 07:46:05 AM »
Hi Carson,

Such a beautiful post and loving vibe.  Thank you for sharing.

Please know this is not just a 'little' milestone.  It is huge and it is beautiful.  Your heart is opening and in deeper measure embracing and accepting the love and blessings of Source.  You are letting go more  allowing those blessings to work in and through you with less restriction.  The veil covering the divine spark that is you is being lifted.  The real You, the spark of the Creator which is Love is beginning to radiate outward ever more strongly. It is tangible and as confirmed by your wife being felt by others.  

How incredible a gift is that [:p].  And at Christmas time too, truly a celebration of Spirit.

As you continue to be regular in your practice, enjoy and let your Heart be grateful (as I know you already are) for indeed you are being touched by blessings that never fail.  We are loved so much.  How joyful and complete it is to be that Love to share love.

May you, your wife and family have a wonderful holiday season.  The best to you always.

Love and Light,
Steve

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:00:31 AM by Steve »

CarsonZi

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »
Thank you all for your encouraging replies.  What a beautiful thing this community is, I am so glad to have found it and become part of it.  I feel honored to be here.  Thank you all for letting me share and for taking the time to read and comment.  I love you all and wish you all the very best.

Love,
Carson[^]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:02:11 AM by CarsonZi »

brother neil

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 02:06:11 AM »
Good stuff brother
also by being as noticeable as you are, and putting off a good vibe, those people who are being more open to you will also become more open to others with a similar look as yours.  Glad to hear things are going in a good direction for you brother
my blessings to you
Brother Neil

CarsonZi

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 10:52:28 AM »
Thanks Neil......

****UPDATE****

This afternoon as I was doing some asanas before my second practice I recieved a phone call from a friend I hadn't talked to in a few months.  (actually this guy was the bass player in my band for several years so he knows me well from before I started yoga.)  He asked me what I was doing and I said, "yoga".  
He says, "Working with homeless people and doing yoga.  Who the *F* did I call again?"
I laughed and said, "Yup, what the hell happened to me?"
He then asked me if I wanted to join his indoor soccer team.
I said that I would love to play but I work on the day they play so if the game time is early I can, but if it's later I cannot.  I then told him that I have quit doing drugs and smoking pot and that I would really like to play because I'd like to get my lungs back up to speed.  I'm pretty sure I actually heard his jaw hit the floor.[:D]
He said, "Who are you and what the *F* did you do with my friend.  I'm calling the cops."
Anyways, I just wanted to share that it is not only waitresses and people who don't know me who are finding that I am giving off a completely different vibe nowadays.  My friends are also starting to notice as well.  Just wanted to share.

Love to all,
Carson[^]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 12:12:24 PM by CarsonZi »

flow

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:45:22 AM »
I've always liked Yogani's analogy of cleaning the windows. As we clear our window not only do we see more clearly but others can see us more clearly. Our true nature shines through and just as we enjoy being in the presence, so do others.

Keep on shining [:D]

porcupine

• http://www.xanga.com/stellawasadiverandshewasdown
A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 02:20:44 AM »
[:D]

solo

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 04:39:04 AM »
Hi Carson.

I see 2 separate issues at play here.

1.  You are becoming a more loving person and the people around you notice it and react accordingly.

2.  I think society in general is becoming more accepting and tolerant.  50 years ago could a black president be elected in the US?  Would a woman even be considered for the ticket?  Did gay people openly express themselves in public?  The world is becoming much more accepting, tolerant, and less judgmental in my opinion.  Maybe that's a sign of the "aquarian age" or maybe it's a sign of diversity being taught in schools and embraced by corporations.  Who knows?

But it's all good.

Glad you are doing well [:)]

CarsonZi

A Brand New Vibe
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 06:37:21 AM »
Hi solo,
quote:
Originally posted by solo

I see 2 separate issues at play here.

1.  You are becoming a more loving person and the people around you notice it and react accordingly.

2.  I think society in general is becoming more accepting and tolerant.  50 years ago could a black president be elected in the US?  Would a woman even be considered for the ticket?  Did gay people openly express themselves in public?  The world is becoming much more accepting, tolerant, and less judgmental in my opinion.  Maybe that's a sign of the "aquarian age" or maybe it's a sign of diversity being taught in schools and embraced by corporations.  Who knows?

I agree very much so but I wouldn't call these "issues" persay[;)], haha.

Love,
Carson[^]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:41:27 AM by CarsonZi »