Author Topic: Some changes in consciousness along the path  (Read 550 times)

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Some changes in consciousness along the path
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »
Some common changes in perspective on part of the journey of expanding consciousness:

1- The desire to move towards peace and truth and away from lies, strife and conflict
2- Efforts to move towards "positive" aspects of life: love, gratitude, bliss, ecstasy, spirituality, concepts of God, etc.
3- awakening of inner energy (sometimes called kundalini) - birth of spiritual identity
4- Recognition of nothingness - the realization that i am not the collection of thoughts or the thinking mind.
5- Awareness that no phenomena, no thought, no experience is what you are- there is no I/ me of personal identity, "not this not that"
6- Oscillating between knowing you are none of it, but still believing/ behaving at times in I/ me aspects of identity unconsciously and consciously
7- experiences of oneness, all as love, rising inner peace.
8- recognizing that you are all of it, the cosmic joke revealed - end of seeking
9- Oscillations between oneness awareness and individual identity, spiritual identity/ interest subsides, the end of reaching for the "positive" aspects of life. Deep peace.
10- Moving into conscious interconnectedness with all that Is - all experiences embraced, all is revealed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:20:24 PM by AYPforum »

BlueRaincoat

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 10:28:27 PM »
Hi Anthem

Nice to hear from you. Thank you for sharing.

You have packed a lot of meaning and experience in those 10 lines. I feel that each of them is a dimension along which we progress during our spiritual journey. Each unfolds as we develop, has ups and downs and refines and adjusts along the way, doesn't it?
It shows what a complex transformation we go through as we continue along the path - a humbling thought.

Do you think it's possible, after many years of practice, to reach a point/phase of more stability? Or does the spiritual transformation remain as intense/dynamic throughout? Reading the question after just writing it, I think it's asking for a guess (no one even knows what's around the corner, do they?). But you can make a more informed guess than me, so I will leave the question as it is. [:)]

kumar ul islam

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
all true, how wonderful to have found a path to travel, may our blessings keep being revealed[3]

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:55:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Anthem

Nice to hear from you. Thank you for sharing.

You have packed a lot of meaning and experience in those 10 lines. I feel that each of them is a dimension along which we progress during our spiritual journey. Each unfolds as we develop, has ups and downs and refines and adjusts along the way, doesn't it?

I see it as all coming as we move deeper into living in stillness.

quote:
It shows what a complex transformation we go through as we continue along the path - a humbling thought.

It may seem complex but from my point of view it is actually the opposite in many ways. Moving towards less ideas and more silence a relaxing of desires. The result is an opening up of the seeing of the things that have been blocked out by the distractions of the mind (which are held in place by blocked emotional/ energy) resistance.

quote:
Do you think it's possible, after many years of practice, to reach a point/phase of more stability? Or does the spiritual transformation remain as intense/dynamic throughout? Reading the question after just writing it, I think it's asking for a guess (no one even knows what's around the corner, do they?). But you can make a more informed guess than me, so I will leave the question as it is. [:)]

Well the above list represents my own entire lifetime in some ways but the primarily intense period would have been associated with the awakening of inner energy/ kundalini phase in my opinion. That's not to say there hasn't been intensity at times, but overall life becomes smoother as we stop fighting with it. Deeply peaceful with a rising inner contentedness with all things. Even though emotional intensity diminishes in many ways you feel more and are more connected with life.

All of the above is just my personal experience and the journey will no doubt be different for others.

All the best,:)

A
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:44:26 AM by Anthem »

Dogboy

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:26:33 AM »
quote:
8- recognizing that you are all of it, the cosmic joke revealed - end of seeking

This is the one I am furthest from, but value a good joke, even (especially) if the joke is on me! [:D]

AYPforum

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 10:20:24 PM »
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement